Saturday, March 10, 2012

5 Years Ago Today

This happened. 


And while I can't say "this was the best day of my life" like some people describe their wedding day...I can say that this day started the best days of my life.


He was 21 and I was 20.
We dated for 3 years.
Got engaged in Jan 2007 and married in Mar 2007.
Some people thought we were nuts.
But we just knew.


I cannot describe the way I feel about this man.
And the cool thing is that I am way, WAY more crazy about him today than I was the day we got married.
I knew he was amazing...I just had no idea how amazing.

We are silly and we are serious.
We crack each other up and we will lay hands on and pray for one another.

We have a secret language we came up with that only we understand. Nobody's ever caught on! Sometimes I forget about it and he'll write me a note in our language in church or something and I just smile from ear to ear.

We appreciate each other's differences.
I love him even though he does not give very good back rubs (stays in the same place the whole time. I'm always like "babe! please move around!")
He loves me even though I hate road trips and that is his ideal vacation and joy and I kind of poop all over the idea. And he is so forgiving when he asks if I've seen his brown pants and I look at him with my tail between my legs and puppy dog eyes because I haven't done laundry in a week and a half. And he just smiles and says "it's ok!" and finds something else.

I am who I am because of this man, and he because of me.
We always tease each other that Kevin would still be a dork with lame jokes had he not of met me. And I'd probably be pretty mean and skanky had I not met him.
Thanks for seeing down the line and directing our steps, Lord!

Today...instead of being on a tropical cruise like we had always dreamed doing for our 5th anniversary...I am laying on the couch trying to recover from some stomach bug I've had for going on 2 weeks, and Kev is painting our bedroom. I'm sorry, but that actually IS romantic.
I told him "thanks for always being willing to change the house here and there and being willing to do these fun projects with (or in this case for) me." and he explained that he doesn't mind because he knows how much I love it and how happy it makes me.

So take that, cruise ship.

We'll try to do something sweet and a little more together and romantic next week or something when I am feeling better.


I just love that with him, I feel safe.
Never any doubt. Nothing hidden or unsure.
I tell him everything, and we adore each other.
He is the epitome of patience and unconditional love, he just amazes me.
Plus...hello. He's hot.

We have made so many big decisions together since we've been married that I think we can't help but be very close. We laugh about the days where I worked like a crazy woman and he was on the road and we had all this money and no responsibilities. And now we have no money, Kevin is home, and we absolutely could not be happier.
Nothing replaces family and being together.


Here's to the rest of our lives, babe.
I love you.

10 comments:

Kari Beth said...

Happy Anniversary y'all! So much love...such an inspiration! The PERFECT couple if there ever was one :)

Julie kiehn said...

Happy Anniversary brother and sister!!!!!
Yahweh has done so many amazing things in and through you the past 5 years.
I remember when we were going to Panama City last summer and you guys were " fighting" ( which is a bad word to use, because you two don't fight). Disagreeing, but the way it resolved was so awesome, I remember thinking " that was beautiful" and if my marriage isn't like that, I want a refund.
You are a standard of a spirit led marriage.

Love you two!!!


I'll babysit next week!!!!!!!!!

- Julie

{annie_loo} said...

Happy happy!!!! I love you!!!! Congrats on 5 years!!!

Leslie said...

Ahhhhhhh!!! This is SO sweet. You LOVE him so much. I can feel it when you talk about him. It's so cool. Happy Anniersary to you two! I hope your whole life is blessed like the last 5 years have been. You are so lucky to have each other.

PS- I loved a lot you said here, but totally relate to the "tail between my legs because I haven't done laundry in a week and a half." ha!! That happens ALL the time to me too.

Also, Kevin looks SO young here. Like a kid!! He looks like a responsible husband/father/family man now!

Leslie said...

Also, you looked so gorgeous that day!! I remember exactly where I was sitting and exactly what you looked like and everything when you came out! It was beautiful.

Dennis said...

Jessica..........(sigh) I'm very proud of you, happy for you, and will always be on your side.

Sheryl said...

This is beautiful. Absolutely profoundly beautiful....everything you said here is truth. I see it in you two all the time. It makes my heart soar to see what a wonderful couple you are and the love you have for each other and sweet little Ruby. I love you deeply.

Sheryl said...

(Gasp!) It posted! I've tried to post for ages!....sheesh.

Love you sweetie

kelly said...

Hi ...I just followed you from clovers lane....and I found that blog because my daughters name is clover... And I thought it sounded cool.....anyways I think it's adorable your sweet husband painted your room while you were sick for your anniversary...that's real life, real marriage...so nice to read..
See ya
From Kelly in AUstralia...
Congratulations on baby number two....I've got 5 children, hope you have a beautiful easy pregnancy

Cate said...

I have to agree you sick on the couch and your hubby painting away is romantic! I love this post it is really well written and sweet!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

5 Years Ago Today

This happened. 


And while I can't say "this was the best day of my life" like some people describe their wedding day...I can say that this day started the best days of my life.


He was 21 and I was 20.
We dated for 3 years.
Got engaged in Jan 2007 and married in Mar 2007.
Some people thought we were nuts.
But we just knew.


I cannot describe the way I feel about this man.
And the cool thing is that I am way, WAY more crazy about him today than I was the day we got married.
I knew he was amazing...I just had no idea how amazing.

We are silly and we are serious.
We crack each other up and we will lay hands on and pray for one another.

We have a secret language we came up with that only we understand. Nobody's ever caught on! Sometimes I forget about it and he'll write me a note in our language in church or something and I just smile from ear to ear.

We appreciate each other's differences.
I love him even though he does not give very good back rubs (stays in the same place the whole time. I'm always like "babe! please move around!")
He loves me even though I hate road trips and that is his ideal vacation and joy and I kind of poop all over the idea. And he is so forgiving when he asks if I've seen his brown pants and I look at him with my tail between my legs and puppy dog eyes because I haven't done laundry in a week and a half. And he just smiles and says "it's ok!" and finds something else.

I am who I am because of this man, and he because of me.
We always tease each other that Kevin would still be a dork with lame jokes had he not of met me. And I'd probably be pretty mean and skanky had I not met him.
Thanks for seeing down the line and directing our steps, Lord!

Today...instead of being on a tropical cruise like we had always dreamed doing for our 5th anniversary...I am laying on the couch trying to recover from some stomach bug I've had for going on 2 weeks, and Kev is painting our bedroom. I'm sorry, but that actually IS romantic.
I told him "thanks for always being willing to change the house here and there and being willing to do these fun projects with (or in this case for) me." and he explained that he doesn't mind because he knows how much I love it and how happy it makes me.

So take that, cruise ship.

We'll try to do something sweet and a little more together and romantic next week or something when I am feeling better.


I just love that with him, I feel safe.
Never any doubt. Nothing hidden or unsure.
I tell him everything, and we adore each other.
He is the epitome of patience and unconditional love, he just amazes me.
Plus...hello. He's hot.

We have made so many big decisions together since we've been married that I think we can't help but be very close. We laugh about the days where I worked like a crazy woman and he was on the road and we had all this money and no responsibilities. And now we have no money, Kevin is home, and we absolutely could not be happier.
Nothing replaces family and being together.


Here's to the rest of our lives, babe.
I love you.

10 comments:

Kari Beth said...

Happy Anniversary y'all! So much love...such an inspiration! The PERFECT couple if there ever was one :)

Julie kiehn said...

Happy Anniversary brother and sister!!!!!
Yahweh has done so many amazing things in and through you the past 5 years.
I remember when we were going to Panama City last summer and you guys were " fighting" ( which is a bad word to use, because you two don't fight). Disagreeing, but the way it resolved was so awesome, I remember thinking " that was beautiful" and if my marriage isn't like that, I want a refund.
You are a standard of a spirit led marriage.

Love you two!!!


I'll babysit next week!!!!!!!!!

- Julie

{annie_loo} said...

Happy happy!!!! I love you!!!! Congrats on 5 years!!!

Leslie said...

Ahhhhhhh!!! This is SO sweet. You LOVE him so much. I can feel it when you talk about him. It's so cool. Happy Anniersary to you two! I hope your whole life is blessed like the last 5 years have been. You are so lucky to have each other.

PS- I loved a lot you said here, but totally relate to the "tail between my legs because I haven't done laundry in a week and a half." ha!! That happens ALL the time to me too.

Also, Kevin looks SO young here. Like a kid!! He looks like a responsible husband/father/family man now!

Leslie said...

Also, you looked so gorgeous that day!! I remember exactly where I was sitting and exactly what you looked like and everything when you came out! It was beautiful.

Dennis said...

Jessica..........(sigh) I'm very proud of you, happy for you, and will always be on your side.

Sheryl said...

This is beautiful. Absolutely profoundly beautiful....everything you said here is truth. I see it in you two all the time. It makes my heart soar to see what a wonderful couple you are and the love you have for each other and sweet little Ruby. I love you deeply.

Sheryl said...

(Gasp!) It posted! I've tried to post for ages!....sheesh.

Love you sweetie

kelly said...

Hi ...I just followed you from clovers lane....and I found that blog because my daughters name is clover... And I thought it sounded cool.....anyways I think it's adorable your sweet husband painted your room while you were sick for your anniversary...that's real life, real marriage...so nice to read..
See ya
From Kelly in AUstralia...
Congratulations on baby number two....I've got 5 children, hope you have a beautiful easy pregnancy

Cate said...

I have to agree you sick on the couch and your hubby painting away is romantic! I love this post it is really well written and sweet!