Monday, March 5, 2012

19 Weeks and Life Is Sweet!









The weather has been downright amazing this past week and looks like it will stay that way this week as well.

Clean houses and good weather are automatic happiness inducers for me.

We spent the other day out in the sun, I was reading a book, Ruby and Clarence were sidewalk chalking, and I couldn't help but take a deep breath in, look up at the sun, and thank Yahweh for a day like this…on March 1.


So in my 2 years of motherhood I have learned something big time.
Planning ahead takes more work but saves so much sanity.
Ruby needs to eat breakfast every morning. That's a fact.
She wakes up earlier than I'd like to, which is also a fact.
She reminds me of my little brother, because I remember my whole life growing up the SECOND he woke up, he'd ask in his little boy deep voice for food. I need a while to wake up…get my mind alert and then eventually I'll eat.

Not Ruby. The second she wakes up, she hugs us and pats our back, and then give it a minute and…"I go Mmm. I go Mmm"

Who wants to get out of bed,  still exhausted and whip up a healthy meal while half asleep? Maybe you, but not me.

Make them the night before and then pull it out of the fridge for your little ones (and you!) in the morning and you are good. Nutritious, healthy, and soooo easy!

I have a really busy day tomorrow with clients and know that I will have to juggle Ruby back in the salon with me as well as my clients. She'll need meals, naptime, and diaper changes. 
My clients will need their color put on and washed out at specific times.

Answer to not having a stressed day?
PLAN AHEAD!
With the pregnant body needing as much rest as possible, I can't spend all day going like crazy. 
So I'm gonna make and pack her snacks and meals today and figure things to keep her entertained.
I'm learning, and it's getting easier.
:)

I am now 19 weeks and 4 days along. This baby cracks me up! NOTHING like Ruby. I am carrying it soooo low. Every night when it's moving (a lot...like way more than Ruby ever did) it's so, so low. Like equal with my hip bones or lower. Is that normal? I remember Ruby being way higher? 
My belly isn't all that big and even a different shape. 
I feel really good these days (minus the cold. I literally cannot smell ANYTHING and now? I can't TASTE anything, so funny...)

Everybody hates Mondays but they are one of my favorite days of the week. 
A new start. I'm always so rested and ready on Mondays and I accomplish so much.
Bring on the new week!

Here's our weekly Sunday morning picture:




And Ruby in her new dress. The dress is absolutely perfect, but I must say Ruby makes it look even better :)
I am falling more and more in love with this girl. As challenging as a toddler can be...it's just that much of a blessing. They are so funny and sweet and cute and ornery and innocent. 

We are off to get started on our day.
Everyone have a great Monday!

5 comments:

KimKlip71 said...

Yes, I think it's normal to feel them that low because I am feelin my little guy that low. Amazing weather you had...hope it sticks, we had snow this weekend...blah!

Leslie said...

Look at you guys!! Love it. Jessica, you are so radiant and just glowing!! Pregnancy has always looked amazing on you. On me...it looks like fat. Ruby!!! Ruby!!!! I love her little dress details. Gold flower and gold shoes. SOOOO cute. Love seeing what you guys wear on Sundays!!

Leslie said...

Ps- I love your face in the background mirror. Haha!!

Aunt Kristi said...

So petie! :) At this age, I remember wanting a dozen! I'm glad youre savoring every moment because these are such precious times!

Sheryl said...

Osh Kosh B'Gosh!:):)

Monday, March 5, 2012

19 Weeks and Life Is Sweet!









The weather has been downright amazing this past week and looks like it will stay that way this week as well.

Clean houses and good weather are automatic happiness inducers for me.

We spent the other day out in the sun, I was reading a book, Ruby and Clarence were sidewalk chalking, and I couldn't help but take a deep breath in, look up at the sun, and thank Yahweh for a day like this…on March 1.


So in my 2 years of motherhood I have learned something big time.
Planning ahead takes more work but saves so much sanity.
Ruby needs to eat breakfast every morning. That's a fact.
She wakes up earlier than I'd like to, which is also a fact.
She reminds me of my little brother, because I remember my whole life growing up the SECOND he woke up, he'd ask in his little boy deep voice for food. I need a while to wake up…get my mind alert and then eventually I'll eat.

Not Ruby. The second she wakes up, she hugs us and pats our back, and then give it a minute and…"I go Mmm. I go Mmm"

Who wants to get out of bed,  still exhausted and whip up a healthy meal while half asleep? Maybe you, but not me.

Make them the night before and then pull it out of the fridge for your little ones (and you!) in the morning and you are good. Nutritious, healthy, and soooo easy!

I have a really busy day tomorrow with clients and know that I will have to juggle Ruby back in the salon with me as well as my clients. She'll need meals, naptime, and diaper changes. 
My clients will need their color put on and washed out at specific times.

Answer to not having a stressed day?
PLAN AHEAD!
With the pregnant body needing as much rest as possible, I can't spend all day going like crazy. 
So I'm gonna make and pack her snacks and meals today and figure things to keep her entertained.
I'm learning, and it's getting easier.
:)

I am now 19 weeks and 4 days along. This baby cracks me up! NOTHING like Ruby. I am carrying it soooo low. Every night when it's moving (a lot...like way more than Ruby ever did) it's so, so low. Like equal with my hip bones or lower. Is that normal? I remember Ruby being way higher? 
My belly isn't all that big and even a different shape. 
I feel really good these days (minus the cold. I literally cannot smell ANYTHING and now? I can't TASTE anything, so funny...)

Everybody hates Mondays but they are one of my favorite days of the week. 
A new start. I'm always so rested and ready on Mondays and I accomplish so much.
Bring on the new week!

Here's our weekly Sunday morning picture:




And Ruby in her new dress. The dress is absolutely perfect, but I must say Ruby makes it look even better :)
I am falling more and more in love with this girl. As challenging as a toddler can be...it's just that much of a blessing. They are so funny and sweet and cute and ornery and innocent. 

We are off to get started on our day.
Everyone have a great Monday!

5 comments:

KimKlip71 said...

Yes, I think it's normal to feel them that low because I am feelin my little guy that low. Amazing weather you had...hope it sticks, we had snow this weekend...blah!

Leslie said...

Look at you guys!! Love it. Jessica, you are so radiant and just glowing!! Pregnancy has always looked amazing on you. On me...it looks like fat. Ruby!!! Ruby!!!! I love her little dress details. Gold flower and gold shoes. SOOOO cute. Love seeing what you guys wear on Sundays!!

Leslie said...

Ps- I love your face in the background mirror. Haha!!

Aunt Kristi said...

So petie! :) At this age, I remember wanting a dozen! I'm glad youre savoring every moment because these are such precious times!

Sheryl said...

Osh Kosh B'Gosh!:):)