Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Inspired

 I get so encouraged by certain people in my life. 
People who have characteristics that I don't necessarily excel in, so I am drawn to those that do.
I love my friend Kari Beth for several reasons, but one of them is the fact that she makes real meals, every night, with actual and delicious side items.
She works and has a toddler so there's really no excuse, and she makes none. I always get so encouraged because I'm like hey! I work and have a toddler...I can do that too!

And be CONSISTENT about it.




I made these Lemon Salmon Burgers the other night with sweet potato fries and deeeelicious dipping sauce. They were great. And there is nothing more satisfying than sitting down to a meal that is completely
1. real food
2. delicious
3. made with love

I love being encouraged. I have a client that is always SO put together.
Make-up on, muscles toned, always nice clothes, and flawless hair.
Now...come on. I don't expect that from myself, but every time I get to spend a few hours with her I think I can spend a few extra minutes a day doing my hair and make up and putting myself together before I go out. 
Because when you feel like you look nice, you act like you look nice.
My friend Leslie said this years ago and I have never forgotten it.
She said "my style is 'yes, I'm a Mom. No, I haven't let myself go.'" Love that.

I have another client that is always, always so kind, and again...put together.
Goes above and beyond for her three kids, husband, and others.
She is married to a worship leader, so we really relate.
She is gentle but funny. Kind, but real. I just love her and her positive spirit.

Seriously, Kevin always encourages and inspires me. He knows exactly what I need to hear to lift me up, shake me out of a funk, or crack me up. I truly believe being married to the right man is the most important and greatest gift on earth. I would be nothing without my husband, and I know he feels the same way about me.

What or who inspires you?
Please don't say Pinterest...


2 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

Well...Ms. Jessica. YOU inspire me. You are a Godly woman, you love your husband and put him first, you are a wonderful mother, you are healthy. The list could go on. Those things inspire me!

I do think we need the recipe for these yummy salmon burgers!

xcoxoxo

Kari Beth said...

I second, Annie. You totally inspire me to be a better person! Love you :)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Inspired

 I get so encouraged by certain people in my life. 
People who have characteristics that I don't necessarily excel in, so I am drawn to those that do.
I love my friend Kari Beth for several reasons, but one of them is the fact that she makes real meals, every night, with actual and delicious side items.
She works and has a toddler so there's really no excuse, and she makes none. I always get so encouraged because I'm like hey! I work and have a toddler...I can do that too!

And be CONSISTENT about it.




I made these Lemon Salmon Burgers the other night with sweet potato fries and deeeelicious dipping sauce. They were great. And there is nothing more satisfying than sitting down to a meal that is completely
1. real food
2. delicious
3. made with love

I love being encouraged. I have a client that is always SO put together.
Make-up on, muscles toned, always nice clothes, and flawless hair.
Now...come on. I don't expect that from myself, but every time I get to spend a few hours with her I think I can spend a few extra minutes a day doing my hair and make up and putting myself together before I go out. 
Because when you feel like you look nice, you act like you look nice.
My friend Leslie said this years ago and I have never forgotten it.
She said "my style is 'yes, I'm a Mom. No, I haven't let myself go.'" Love that.

I have another client that is always, always so kind, and again...put together.
Goes above and beyond for her three kids, husband, and others.
She is married to a worship leader, so we really relate.
She is gentle but funny. Kind, but real. I just love her and her positive spirit.

Seriously, Kevin always encourages and inspires me. He knows exactly what I need to hear to lift me up, shake me out of a funk, or crack me up. I truly believe being married to the right man is the most important and greatest gift on earth. I would be nothing without my husband, and I know he feels the same way about me.

What or who inspires you?
Please don't say Pinterest...


2 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

Well...Ms. Jessica. YOU inspire me. You are a Godly woman, you love your husband and put him first, you are a wonderful mother, you are healthy. The list could go on. Those things inspire me!

I do think we need the recipe for these yummy salmon burgers!

xcoxoxo

Kari Beth said...

I second, Annie. You totally inspire me to be a better person! Love you :)