Monday, February 27, 2012

I Am Loving

1. My husband. I always do, but I have an extra amazement of him while I am pregnant.
2. Having bouts of energy here and there.
3. Not feeling condemnation or guilt over having coffee in the mornings. I have to keep up with life and my busy toddler and I never even finish my cup every morning, so hush.
4. Being pregnant the second time around. You just know so much more. You're older and you have more life experience under your belt.
5. Putting forth more effort to look "together" than I did last pregnancy. I lived in corduroys and clogs with Ruby. Granted, that was towards the end...so talk to me in July.
6. Eating whole, real foods. It's just the best feeling ever to nourish your body and stuff your little baby full of all sorts of irons, proteins, minerals, fibers, vitamins, etc.
7. Exercising more and more. In those little bouts of energy I am taking the opportunity to move it. Walks,  living room lunges, weights, and I just got that yoga DVD! Cannot wait to do that.
8. A clean house. Thanks to that husband in #1 that never ceases to amaze me. All done while I laid Ruby down, and then laid Jessica down. He cleaned all around me and is ironing his clothes as I type this. *sigh*
9. Our baby's little heartbeat. We all three got to hear it today via a doppler heart rate monitor and it was the best feeling ever. Took her a while to find it (hello, nervous!) but she did. It was in the 150's. I told you this was a boy. Mark my words:)
10. The fact that my midwife gave me assignments:
-100 kegels a day
-squats and then circle in clockwise and counter clockwise while squatting to strengthen pelvic floor muscles, the ones you use to birth
-write down everything I put in my mouth for a week
-drink way more water
I haven't had homework in years and I like it!


But the very greatest of all of these things that I can't even accurately describe how happy it makes me...is that my little baby in my womb is moving and I can feel them on and off all day long. It's just...there is no better feeling on earth, I swear. Tonight Ruby had her head laying down on my belly and the baby was rolling around in there under her and I just smiled.
My children. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

SO MUCH to be thankful for! I love that you can feel HIM moving! SO MUCH FUN!!!!! Bless Kevin for helping you so much! He's a dear!

Happy Tuesday!

KimKlip71 said...

I'm glad to hear that you are having caffeine because I am too and I don't want to feel guilty about it either. I laid off of it completely with Meghan, but there is just something with having to keep up with pregnancy and the first little one that it's kind of a need rather than a want. By the way, my OB gave me materials that said one serving a day is ok. So enjoy that coffee!!! Yeah to feeling the little one move! I am sure Ruby will be ecstatic when she can first feel him/her move.

Monday, February 27, 2012

I Am Loving

1. My husband. I always do, but I have an extra amazement of him while I am pregnant.
2. Having bouts of energy here and there.
3. Not feeling condemnation or guilt over having coffee in the mornings. I have to keep up with life and my busy toddler and I never even finish my cup every morning, so hush.
4. Being pregnant the second time around. You just know so much more. You're older and you have more life experience under your belt.
5. Putting forth more effort to look "together" than I did last pregnancy. I lived in corduroys and clogs with Ruby. Granted, that was towards the end...so talk to me in July.
6. Eating whole, real foods. It's just the best feeling ever to nourish your body and stuff your little baby full of all sorts of irons, proteins, minerals, fibers, vitamins, etc.
7. Exercising more and more. In those little bouts of energy I am taking the opportunity to move it. Walks,  living room lunges, weights, and I just got that yoga DVD! Cannot wait to do that.
8. A clean house. Thanks to that husband in #1 that never ceases to amaze me. All done while I laid Ruby down, and then laid Jessica down. He cleaned all around me and is ironing his clothes as I type this. *sigh*
9. Our baby's little heartbeat. We all three got to hear it today via a doppler heart rate monitor and it was the best feeling ever. Took her a while to find it (hello, nervous!) but she did. It was in the 150's. I told you this was a boy. Mark my words:)
10. The fact that my midwife gave me assignments:
-100 kegels a day
-squats and then circle in clockwise and counter clockwise while squatting to strengthen pelvic floor muscles, the ones you use to birth
-write down everything I put in my mouth for a week
-drink way more water
I haven't had homework in years and I like it!


But the very greatest of all of these things that I can't even accurately describe how happy it makes me...is that my little baby in my womb is moving and I can feel them on and off all day long. It's just...there is no better feeling on earth, I swear. Tonight Ruby had her head laying down on my belly and the baby was rolling around in there under her and I just smiled.
My children. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

SO MUCH to be thankful for! I love that you can feel HIM moving! SO MUCH FUN!!!!! Bless Kevin for helping you so much! He's a dear!

Happy Tuesday!

KimKlip71 said...

I'm glad to hear that you are having caffeine because I am too and I don't want to feel guilty about it either. I laid off of it completely with Meghan, but there is just something with having to keep up with pregnancy and the first little one that it's kind of a need rather than a want. By the way, my OB gave me materials that said one serving a day is ok. So enjoy that coffee!!! Yeah to feeling the little one move! I am sure Ruby will be ecstatic when she can first feel him/her move.