Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Good Day

Today has been one of those days that things have just gone beautifully and smoothly and the simple things that deserve appreciation really stand out.

Like warm sun and crisp but not at all cold air in the middle of February.

Like your daughter being so sweet and quiet on your walks as she looks around town and takes everything in.

Like getting to sing and pray in the spirit out loud to Ruby the whole walk.

Like having to leave the park early because Clarence was screaming/barking/whining at all the kids. Oh wait.

Like finding my running tights that have been missing for weeks now. Not that I run these days, but they are actually very comfortable.

Like getting my closet cleaned out and my mind wrapped around some good maternity clothing ideas.

Like hearing Ruby sing "keen uh keen uh eh buddy eh weh" as she tidies up her toys.
Translation: clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere.
 
Like getting to cook dinner with Kevin together here in about an hour. I love being with him in the kitchen.

And tomorrow? Tomorrow I work for a couple hours doing the hair of a dear friend from North Carolina that I don't get to see often enough...followed by a late Valentine's Day dinner with the man of my dreams. SO FUN!

 

3 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

I love it when days go just right! Hoping today is just as wonderful for you!!!!

Enjoy doing hair and date night! HOORAY FOR DATE NIGHT!!!!!

Oh----and Easton sings the same song...and it sounds very similar. LOVE IT!

Kari Beth said...

this was our day yesterday. heavenly!

Leslie said...

We sing that song too, Ruby!! One time I heard Miller say, "Clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere. Clean up, clean up before Daddy gets here."

It was awesome and so true!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Good Day

Today has been one of those days that things have just gone beautifully and smoothly and the simple things that deserve appreciation really stand out.

Like warm sun and crisp but not at all cold air in the middle of February.

Like your daughter being so sweet and quiet on your walks as she looks around town and takes everything in.

Like getting to sing and pray in the spirit out loud to Ruby the whole walk.

Like having to leave the park early because Clarence was screaming/barking/whining at all the kids. Oh wait.

Like finding my running tights that have been missing for weeks now. Not that I run these days, but they are actually very comfortable.

Like getting my closet cleaned out and my mind wrapped around some good maternity clothing ideas.

Like hearing Ruby sing "keen uh keen uh eh buddy eh weh" as she tidies up her toys.
Translation: clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere.
 
Like getting to cook dinner with Kevin together here in about an hour. I love being with him in the kitchen.

And tomorrow? Tomorrow I work for a couple hours doing the hair of a dear friend from North Carolina that I don't get to see often enough...followed by a late Valentine's Day dinner with the man of my dreams. SO FUN!

 

3 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

I love it when days go just right! Hoping today is just as wonderful for you!!!!

Enjoy doing hair and date night! HOORAY FOR DATE NIGHT!!!!!

Oh----and Easton sings the same song...and it sounds very similar. LOVE IT!

Kari Beth said...

this was our day yesterday. heavenly!

Leslie said...

We sing that song too, Ruby!! One time I heard Miller say, "Clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere. Clean up, clean up before Daddy gets here."

It was awesome and so true!