Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Birthday Girl!

Ruby James's birthday is today!
She is 2 and although we celebrated her birthday with a sweet little family get-together
 (just our families mean 21 people) last Friday, today she seemed significantly older. Significantly two.

 found a gluten-free brown rice flour vanilla cupcake mix and Kev made the frosting: pb, cocoa powder and coconut oil



Ate a delicious birthday meal...

 Ruby and her uncle (my little bro) Baylor




And here's where it gets hilarious. The little darlin is SO expressive. I have no idea where she gets it?





This is how she would thank the gift-giver. Go up to them and stand with them for a second with a small "sank oo" and sweet grin.




She had so much fun. 
Thank you, our amazing families. We never take for granted the roles you play in ours and our children's lives. We love you all so, so much.
Two has been one of my favorite ages so far. Still sweet and baby-ish, but growing dependence and skills and speaking and being HILARIOUS.

Happy Birthday Ruby girl!
We are your biggest fans.

7 comments:

millison said...

This is so awesome you guys. I didn't know you were still blogging until I stumbled upon your name today. What a joyful family you have. And Ruby is so expressive. Really adorable!

KimKlip71 said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Ruby!!! I love the pictures. I would agree with you on the 2 year thing...my favorite age for Meghan. I look back on those pictures and videos during that time and miss that age the most.

{annie_loo} said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she's already 2! Where did the time go?!?!?!? Love her expressions!!!! They are priceless!

Julie Kiehn said...

We love her!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Kiehn said...

We love her!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissy Galloway said...

Oh my... her happy face is The. Best! I love that you are making the same open mouth excited face in the background too! You guys are so cute!

Kari Beth said...

Um yes, this is amazing! Love how expressive she is. Wonder where she gets it?!? Hmmmm......

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Birthday Girl!

Ruby James's birthday is today!
She is 2 and although we celebrated her birthday with a sweet little family get-together
 (just our families mean 21 people) last Friday, today she seemed significantly older. Significantly two.

 found a gluten-free brown rice flour vanilla cupcake mix and Kev made the frosting: pb, cocoa powder and coconut oil



Ate a delicious birthday meal...

 Ruby and her uncle (my little bro) Baylor




And here's where it gets hilarious. The little darlin is SO expressive. I have no idea where she gets it?





This is how she would thank the gift-giver. Go up to them and stand with them for a second with a small "sank oo" and sweet grin.




She had so much fun. 
Thank you, our amazing families. We never take for granted the roles you play in ours and our children's lives. We love you all so, so much.
Two has been one of my favorite ages so far. Still sweet and baby-ish, but growing dependence and skills and speaking and being HILARIOUS.

Happy Birthday Ruby girl!
We are your biggest fans.

7 comments:

millison said...

This is so awesome you guys. I didn't know you were still blogging until I stumbled upon your name today. What a joyful family you have. And Ruby is so expressive. Really adorable!

KimKlip71 said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Ruby!!! I love the pictures. I would agree with you on the 2 year thing...my favorite age for Meghan. I look back on those pictures and videos during that time and miss that age the most.

{annie_loo} said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she's already 2! Where did the time go?!?!?!? Love her expressions!!!! They are priceless!

Julie Kiehn said...

We love her!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Kiehn said...

We love her!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissy Galloway said...

Oh my... her happy face is The. Best! I love that you are making the same open mouth excited face in the background too! You guys are so cute!

Kari Beth said...

Um yes, this is amazing! Love how expressive she is. Wonder where she gets it?!? Hmmmm......