Monday, January 23, 2012

Very Bad. Not Good. Sometimes Necessary.

For those of you that think I eat healthy all the time...
this post is for you.
I used to, before I got pregnant.
And I know. Being pregnant should mean you are even more aware of your diet and try to eat healthiER than normal, not get worse.
But those dadgum hormones.
They tell you every now and then

SUGAR. NOW.

Normally, I will eat a delicious Gala apple (seriously, grapes and apples and generally all fruit are like nature's candy. God's gift to us) or something that will satisfy.

But once in a blue moon Swedish Fish swim into my brain. 
And they don't leave until I eat a few.
And honestly, thinking about them now is disgusting.
But you never know when, or how far apart, that intense sugar craving hits.


I refuse to buy a baggie of candy because then it is just lying around and you keep thinking "just one more" as your teeth start to rot and your stomach aches in pain.
Plus, I want a little of this and a little of that.

Enter: YumYos.

I went the other night and got this:


and paid for it by the ounce.

After defeated-feelingly scarfing down a few chewy, sugary, gummies on the drive home, I got home and set it on the salon desk.

I told Kevin to please hide this cup somewhere in this house and be creative and it has to be HARD to find.
Because if I want sugar bad enough...I'll find it.
And if I don't? I'll be better off.

So yes...sometimes I eat crap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice idea..thanks for sharing....

Monday, January 23, 2012

Very Bad. Not Good. Sometimes Necessary.

For those of you that think I eat healthy all the time...
this post is for you.
I used to, before I got pregnant.
And I know. Being pregnant should mean you are even more aware of your diet and try to eat healthiER than normal, not get worse.
But those dadgum hormones.
They tell you every now and then

SUGAR. NOW.

Normally, I will eat a delicious Gala apple (seriously, grapes and apples and generally all fruit are like nature's candy. God's gift to us) or something that will satisfy.

But once in a blue moon Swedish Fish swim into my brain. 
And they don't leave until I eat a few.
And honestly, thinking about them now is disgusting.
But you never know when, or how far apart, that intense sugar craving hits.


I refuse to buy a baggie of candy because then it is just lying around and you keep thinking "just one more" as your teeth start to rot and your stomach aches in pain.
Plus, I want a little of this and a little of that.

Enter: YumYos.

I went the other night and got this:


and paid for it by the ounce.

After defeated-feelingly scarfing down a few chewy, sugary, gummies on the drive home, I got home and set it on the salon desk.

I told Kevin to please hide this cup somewhere in this house and be creative and it has to be HARD to find.
Because if I want sugar bad enough...I'll find it.
And if I don't? I'll be better off.

So yes...sometimes I eat crap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice idea..thanks for sharing....