Saturday, January 21, 2012

Lately...

-We had our first midwife appointment yesterday. My heart leapt with joy as I saw this striking, wise woman with beautiful long, grey hair get out of her car, and grab her bags and stethoscope and supplies. She comes to our house (a 30 min drive for her!) for each appointment. I am so excited that from now on my prenatal visits include me laying on my own couch while she measures and checks and listens, and Ruby plays with her dolls by our side.
After talking to Elizabeth, I am even more excited than ever to birth this baby and to do it at home. She was talking about thinking of who I will want at the birth, and that got me thinking. She was also telling Kevin how she'd love for him to be at as many appointments as possible because she has a lot she wants to teach him as well as me. And that, unless it's necessary she do it, Kevin will be the one catching the baby and holding it first and handing it to me to nurse for the first time.

Be still my soul.

But...that is all 27 weeks away.

So until I get closer, I will focus on having a healthy and beautiful pregnancy.

-I have missed coffee so, so much. I roll my eyes with jealousy when I see people talking about delicious coffee and cream, holding big, steaming mugs. Jerks.
I will admit...I had a cup of half caff the other morning (best morning of my life) and I was in the best mood and got soooo much done that day. Isn't that stupid? Why can't I have that kind of "energy" naturally?!

-Ruby is putting sentences together. "Where'd Mommy go?" "It's in the car" "I see a moo!" (Chik-fil-a cow at one of Kevin's 5K's the other day)
And lately...when I'm feeling my very yuckiest and am curled up...she comes up to me, pets my face, or rubs my back, looks me in the eyes and says "Sorry, Mommy" over and over.
The sweetest moments of my life are happening right now.

-Kevin figured out a new system to our budgeting/finances and we are so excited. It's cool, because the Holy Spirit has shown me specifically the past few days to be interceding fervently for Kevin. And it's like this morning something just clicked and is going to really help us with stretching and making our humble income work. We can do it. God is so faithful to show us as long as we are willing to listen!

-I am starting to go back into the loving Clarence area of my life. I'm hesitant...but he is just so cute.

-The whole no-energy, exhausted-when-I-lift-an-arm-up phase is really starting to get old. I am asking for revelation on the balance of it all. Yes, I am pregnant, and I have a slew of foreign hormones going on. But does it really have to wipe me out entirely and make me useless? I need the balance. I want to feel vibrant again!

-Do you ever feel like "I don't really like our house, we need to start looking for another one"? I go through that every now and then, but then, at the end of the day, I look at our house and am just so, so thankful. We love it. It's perfect for us. It's small and sweet. And we love it.

-Kevin wrote the most amazing song about being in the presence of Yahweh the other day. It's so powerful. He wrote it because on the drive to work the other day, Holy Spirit told him something and he was just like "ok, cool" and went on. And then something clicked in him and he was like "ok...that's something that I do not need to take for granted. The Creator of the Universe speaks to me." So he wrote it about how amazing it is that we get to know and talk to and be spoken to by God almighty. The chorus is:

Speak, my King, I am listening
Whatever Your heart beats for, I long to be
Quiet, my soul
Don't you understand?
You're in the presence of
the Great I Am.


I love it.
Humbling and empowering.

-I am going to get off of this thing and get some grocery shopping done.
I had a few sips of Kevin's coffee this morning...

Hope you have the best weekend of your life.



1 comment:

A Peaceful Rush said...

The chorus brought a tear to my eye. We are so blessed to be loved by Him!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Lately...

-We had our first midwife appointment yesterday. My heart leapt with joy as I saw this striking, wise woman with beautiful long, grey hair get out of her car, and grab her bags and stethoscope and supplies. She comes to our house (a 30 min drive for her!) for each appointment. I am so excited that from now on my prenatal visits include me laying on my own couch while she measures and checks and listens, and Ruby plays with her dolls by our side.
After talking to Elizabeth, I am even more excited than ever to birth this baby and to do it at home. She was talking about thinking of who I will want at the birth, and that got me thinking. She was also telling Kevin how she'd love for him to be at as many appointments as possible because she has a lot she wants to teach him as well as me. And that, unless it's necessary she do it, Kevin will be the one catching the baby and holding it first and handing it to me to nurse for the first time.

Be still my soul.

But...that is all 27 weeks away.

So until I get closer, I will focus on having a healthy and beautiful pregnancy.

-I have missed coffee so, so much. I roll my eyes with jealousy when I see people talking about delicious coffee and cream, holding big, steaming mugs. Jerks.
I will admit...I had a cup of half caff the other morning (best morning of my life) and I was in the best mood and got soooo much done that day. Isn't that stupid? Why can't I have that kind of "energy" naturally?!

-Ruby is putting sentences together. "Where'd Mommy go?" "It's in the car" "I see a moo!" (Chik-fil-a cow at one of Kevin's 5K's the other day)
And lately...when I'm feeling my very yuckiest and am curled up...she comes up to me, pets my face, or rubs my back, looks me in the eyes and says "Sorry, Mommy" over and over.
The sweetest moments of my life are happening right now.

-Kevin figured out a new system to our budgeting/finances and we are so excited. It's cool, because the Holy Spirit has shown me specifically the past few days to be interceding fervently for Kevin. And it's like this morning something just clicked and is going to really help us with stretching and making our humble income work. We can do it. God is so faithful to show us as long as we are willing to listen!

-I am starting to go back into the loving Clarence area of my life. I'm hesitant...but he is just so cute.

-The whole no-energy, exhausted-when-I-lift-an-arm-up phase is really starting to get old. I am asking for revelation on the balance of it all. Yes, I am pregnant, and I have a slew of foreign hormones going on. But does it really have to wipe me out entirely and make me useless? I need the balance. I want to feel vibrant again!

-Do you ever feel like "I don't really like our house, we need to start looking for another one"? I go through that every now and then, but then, at the end of the day, I look at our house and am just so, so thankful. We love it. It's perfect for us. It's small and sweet. And we love it.

-Kevin wrote the most amazing song about being in the presence of Yahweh the other day. It's so powerful. He wrote it because on the drive to work the other day, Holy Spirit told him something and he was just like "ok, cool" and went on. And then something clicked in him and he was like "ok...that's something that I do not need to take for granted. The Creator of the Universe speaks to me." So he wrote it about how amazing it is that we get to know and talk to and be spoken to by God almighty. The chorus is:

Speak, my King, I am listening
Whatever Your heart beats for, I long to be
Quiet, my soul
Don't you understand?
You're in the presence of
the Great I Am.


I love it.
Humbling and empowering.

-I am going to get off of this thing and get some grocery shopping done.
I had a few sips of Kevin's coffee this morning...

Hope you have the best weekend of your life.



1 comment:

A Peaceful Rush said...

The chorus brought a tear to my eye. We are so blessed to be loved by Him!