Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hot Springs

This past week was spent in Hot Springs, Arkansas with Kevin's family. They have a timeshare condo there and we all hung out, relaxed, ate, played tennis, and went into town.



I love this photo because it is a foreshadowing of years and years to come of me doing my daughters' hair.


Could Ruby be any cuter? No.






Kevin's sisters...

We got to feel the Hot Springs with chubby, interested hands.







So the town is called Hot Springs because literally there are springs of water all over that come straight out of the earth...steaming hot. I think like 130 or 140 degrees? People used to come from all over to Hot Springs because they believed the hot water baths were healing. Hence...spa treatments today. Steam and hot water and all of that. So, naturally, coming out of the Ozark Mountains and from the earth, this water is STOCKED full of minerals. And it's in complete abundance so it's just there...available...for free! Wish we would have brought 1,000 gallon jugs because this is all I want to drink! They had public fountains like this hooked up to the springs readily available for the public. Sooo cool. Actually hot, but you know.



Let's talk about how thrilled I am to be starting a new year. I am so excited for 2012. I see big changes for me spiritually, and for the people that I love, in many areas. There will be adding to this year, and wiping clean this year. I am so happy to put all of the holiday blah behind us and move on to a new, fresh, clean start! 

When I was younger, I hated change. And I have parts of me that are still a little hesitant here and there, but I'm finding the older I get the more and more I embrace, look forward to, and desire change. It means there is life going on and I love that.

So here's to the New Year! 
May it be the best year of your life.

7 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

Love the family pics! I love your hair Jessica! So super pretty, I am dying for my bangs to grow out so I don't have to constantly pin them back like I've been doing.

Here's to the New Year! I'm thrilled we have moved on to 2012. 2011 was a great year but I always look forward to what's to come! Moving forward!

nicole everett said...

What a fun time you all had!
You are looking more and more 'MOM' these days lol but in a very beautiful and fullfilung way!

Leslie said...

I am so jealous of your amazing family pics. Every single time!! How are you doing it?! I love it. And your hair!!! Are you kidding me with those barrel curls! They are so pretty! You guys look so fresh and amazing!

I have never been to Hot Springs. I've heard so much about it. I can't believe those fountains. So cool!

And yes, I am with you with the goodbye holiday blah.

{annie} said...

I THINK I FIXED THE COMMENTS!!!!! WOOOO HOO!!! This is a test!

Dennis said...

No, Ruby could not be any cuter! Her eyes are so expressive. She is a soft soul..but still a first born so that should be interesting to watch. Great pics and thanks for posting.

Sheryl said...

oh the adventures! oh the fun! Such a sweet lil Ruby and her darling personality. Looks like you had an awesome time:)

Julie Kiehn said...

These pictures look so good!
Yay for a new lens

Now time for a new post

New post
New post!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hot Springs

This past week was spent in Hot Springs, Arkansas with Kevin's family. They have a timeshare condo there and we all hung out, relaxed, ate, played tennis, and went into town.



I love this photo because it is a foreshadowing of years and years to come of me doing my daughters' hair.


Could Ruby be any cuter? No.






Kevin's sisters...

We got to feel the Hot Springs with chubby, interested hands.







So the town is called Hot Springs because literally there are springs of water all over that come straight out of the earth...steaming hot. I think like 130 or 140 degrees? People used to come from all over to Hot Springs because they believed the hot water baths were healing. Hence...spa treatments today. Steam and hot water and all of that. So, naturally, coming out of the Ozark Mountains and from the earth, this water is STOCKED full of minerals. And it's in complete abundance so it's just there...available...for free! Wish we would have brought 1,000 gallon jugs because this is all I want to drink! They had public fountains like this hooked up to the springs readily available for the public. Sooo cool. Actually hot, but you know.



Let's talk about how thrilled I am to be starting a new year. I am so excited for 2012. I see big changes for me spiritually, and for the people that I love, in many areas. There will be adding to this year, and wiping clean this year. I am so happy to put all of the holiday blah behind us and move on to a new, fresh, clean start! 

When I was younger, I hated change. And I have parts of me that are still a little hesitant here and there, but I'm finding the older I get the more and more I embrace, look forward to, and desire change. It means there is life going on and I love that.

So here's to the New Year! 
May it be the best year of your life.

7 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

Love the family pics! I love your hair Jessica! So super pretty, I am dying for my bangs to grow out so I don't have to constantly pin them back like I've been doing.

Here's to the New Year! I'm thrilled we have moved on to 2012. 2011 was a great year but I always look forward to what's to come! Moving forward!

nicole everett said...

What a fun time you all had!
You are looking more and more 'MOM' these days lol but in a very beautiful and fullfilung way!

Leslie said...

I am so jealous of your amazing family pics. Every single time!! How are you doing it?! I love it. And your hair!!! Are you kidding me with those barrel curls! They are so pretty! You guys look so fresh and amazing!

I have never been to Hot Springs. I've heard so much about it. I can't believe those fountains. So cool!

And yes, I am with you with the goodbye holiday blah.

{annie} said...

I THINK I FIXED THE COMMENTS!!!!! WOOOO HOO!!! This is a test!

Dennis said...

No, Ruby could not be any cuter! Her eyes are so expressive. She is a soft soul..but still a first born so that should be interesting to watch. Great pics and thanks for posting.

Sheryl said...

oh the adventures! oh the fun! Such a sweet lil Ruby and her darling personality. Looks like you had an awesome time:)

Julie Kiehn said...

These pictures look so good!
Yay for a new lens

Now time for a new post

New post
New post!