Thursday, January 19, 2012

Break Out Of It, Mommas

I started off this post (basically) whining about how much of a challenge having an almost 2 year old has been lately. Line after line about meltdowns, spankings, stubbornness, and the word "no" said back to me 100,000 times a day by my toddler.

During my typing, I didn't feel much of a peace and right then, Ruby pottied on the floor and started crying because it got on her socks. (We're trying out the very very beginning stages of potty training). While the all-too-familiar-recently cries/screams came from my daughter, I picked her up, grabbed a diaper, cleaned her up, then cleaned up the mess. Thank you, Yahweh, for wood floors.


And then in my pregnant, irritable, frustrated state, as my mind was swarming with all the times when Ruby was so little and just sweet and never did anything I didn't like...the Holy Spirit tapped me on the shoulder and said "I gave her you as her Mother. Pray for her. Take some authority that I gave you as her Momma."

And like *that*...I straightened up. Stopped the quick, frustrated way I was handling things, and spoke over Ruby.

Sweetie, you are an obedient and gentle girl.
You are not led by your emotions.
I prophecy an acceleration of maturity in you that you learn at a very young age to handle when you get upset or angry so that you can respond right.
You are a sweet girl.

That changed the mood, it eliminated all the negative spirits that would love to take residence in this house and in my mothering and drive a wedge between me and my purpose.
By choosing to not talk about how bad a situation is, and choosing to speak God's truth into the situation...I changed everything! He changed everything through me.


This is a lesson I never want to forget.
When something tries to arise between me and my husband...I'm going to go straight to the Spirit and speak the truth.
To protect him, when I think things are not fair...I will intercede and pray for him. Not talk about it and feed the problem and help things grow in my mind.
When I have wrong and random thoughts that could be harmful to myself or a loved one...I will speak the truth in Spirit.

They were talking in church last night about negative thoughts...

(RUBY! For the love! Would you please just STOP being so whiny?! You need a spanking...Grrrrrrrr!!!)
(Why did so and so not look at me when she said that? Is she serious? She's mad at me? If anything I should be mad at her)
(I can't believe my husband just did that. Is he even THINKING of me?!)


and thinking of those thoughts as pieces of string.
One piece of string wrapped around you is no problem to break out of.
But what if that string was wrapped around you 50 or 60 times? A LOT harder...but maybe possible.
What if it was wrapped thousands and thousands of times around and around you?
You'd be a prisoner to something that started out so small and could have been dealt with right away with a lot less effort, but instead, you let it go. You even dwelled on it and let it wrap around and around.

Breaking out of that first little string, or choosing to stop speaking or thinking negatively and then actively speaking the truth in opposition to the negative lie, empowers the angelic to get to work on your behalf and change things for the positive.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for trusting us with such huge things, and giving us the answer to all things. You.

6 comments:

{annie} said...

amen.amen.amen.

well said jess!

they are truly a gift, easy as it is to feel frustrated, praising them changes everything! in you, and in them.

Anonymous said...

Jessica your string analogy is really powerful. I'm going to be thinking and praying about that tonight (while I'm sipping my tea and stevia).

Julie Kiehn said...

You are such an amazing mother, and you are fully equipt for the ministry Yahweh has called you to.
I love when I get to see you being a righteous mother to Ruby, and wife to Kevin.
You are perfectly created for all Yahweh has called you too.

Love you sistah.

A Peaceful Rush said...

This broke me down. How badly I needed to read this today, and will need to continue to read probably daily. Thank-You for sharing!

Sheryl said...

I love it...that string analogy is so powerful....and pertains to many of our human thoughts and actions that can entrap us. We really are free and meant to live freely. unbound from the "strings" that bind us. Thanks for the reminder you wise, sweet beautiful woman, you!

WendyPierce said...

This is all too familiar around here! Just a couple Friday's ago I had a huge blow up that included me bad mouthing Savannah and how I felt about her to Travis, right in front of her. When it was all over I looked at her - feeling bad - and said "I love you Savannah" and with one little tear she looked at me and said " i love you too momma". I apologized to her and prayed all night long for transformation in my hard heart. I felt so awful! But then again just yesterday I felt all those "string" wrapping me up again. Uhg. Why can't God just make us perfect all at once!? :)

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Break Out Of It, Mommas

I started off this post (basically) whining about how much of a challenge having an almost 2 year old has been lately. Line after line about meltdowns, spankings, stubbornness, and the word "no" said back to me 100,000 times a day by my toddler.

During my typing, I didn't feel much of a peace and right then, Ruby pottied on the floor and started crying because it got on her socks. (We're trying out the very very beginning stages of potty training). While the all-too-familiar-recently cries/screams came from my daughter, I picked her up, grabbed a diaper, cleaned her up, then cleaned up the mess. Thank you, Yahweh, for wood floors.


And then in my pregnant, irritable, frustrated state, as my mind was swarming with all the times when Ruby was so little and just sweet and never did anything I didn't like...the Holy Spirit tapped me on the shoulder and said "I gave her you as her Mother. Pray for her. Take some authority that I gave you as her Momma."

And like *that*...I straightened up. Stopped the quick, frustrated way I was handling things, and spoke over Ruby.

Sweetie, you are an obedient and gentle girl.
You are not led by your emotions.
I prophecy an acceleration of maturity in you that you learn at a very young age to handle when you get upset or angry so that you can respond right.
You are a sweet girl.

That changed the mood, it eliminated all the negative spirits that would love to take residence in this house and in my mothering and drive a wedge between me and my purpose.
By choosing to not talk about how bad a situation is, and choosing to speak God's truth into the situation...I changed everything! He changed everything through me.


This is a lesson I never want to forget.
When something tries to arise between me and my husband...I'm going to go straight to the Spirit and speak the truth.
To protect him, when I think things are not fair...I will intercede and pray for him. Not talk about it and feed the problem and help things grow in my mind.
When I have wrong and random thoughts that could be harmful to myself or a loved one...I will speak the truth in Spirit.

They were talking in church last night about negative thoughts...

(RUBY! For the love! Would you please just STOP being so whiny?! You need a spanking...Grrrrrrrr!!!)
(Why did so and so not look at me when she said that? Is she serious? She's mad at me? If anything I should be mad at her)
(I can't believe my husband just did that. Is he even THINKING of me?!)


and thinking of those thoughts as pieces of string.
One piece of string wrapped around you is no problem to break out of.
But what if that string was wrapped around you 50 or 60 times? A LOT harder...but maybe possible.
What if it was wrapped thousands and thousands of times around and around you?
You'd be a prisoner to something that started out so small and could have been dealt with right away with a lot less effort, but instead, you let it go. You even dwelled on it and let it wrap around and around.

Breaking out of that first little string, or choosing to stop speaking or thinking negatively and then actively speaking the truth in opposition to the negative lie, empowers the angelic to get to work on your behalf and change things for the positive.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for trusting us with such huge things, and giving us the answer to all things. You.

6 comments:

{annie} said...

amen.amen.amen.

well said jess!

they are truly a gift, easy as it is to feel frustrated, praising them changes everything! in you, and in them.

Anonymous said...

Jessica your string analogy is really powerful. I'm going to be thinking and praying about that tonight (while I'm sipping my tea and stevia).

Julie Kiehn said...

You are such an amazing mother, and you are fully equipt for the ministry Yahweh has called you to.
I love when I get to see you being a righteous mother to Ruby, and wife to Kevin.
You are perfectly created for all Yahweh has called you too.

Love you sistah.

A Peaceful Rush said...

This broke me down. How badly I needed to read this today, and will need to continue to read probably daily. Thank-You for sharing!

Sheryl said...

I love it...that string analogy is so powerful....and pertains to many of our human thoughts and actions that can entrap us. We really are free and meant to live freely. unbound from the "strings" that bind us. Thanks for the reminder you wise, sweet beautiful woman, you!

WendyPierce said...

This is all too familiar around here! Just a couple Friday's ago I had a huge blow up that included me bad mouthing Savannah and how I felt about her to Travis, right in front of her. When it was all over I looked at her - feeling bad - and said "I love you Savannah" and with one little tear she looked at me and said " i love you too momma". I apologized to her and prayed all night long for transformation in my hard heart. I felt so awful! But then again just yesterday I felt all those "string" wrapping me up again. Uhg. Why can't God just make us perfect all at once!? :)