Tuesday, December 6, 2011

We are embracing the cold weather around here. Walking around the house barefoot will no longer do. It's fleeces and warm socks.
Ruby is indifferent to weather. She doesn't care a bit, she is just in the zone.
The playing zone.
The talking non-stop but no-actual-words-in-there zone.
The being cute all the time zone.

I am so excited. Tomorrow Kevin has a half day off and we can sleep in!
I have a track workout with our "coach" (our friend who is training us to run fast 5Ks and just get generally awesome) tomorrow at 10:00am but I just want to be like "John, I'm sorry. I don't like to sprint when it's 29 degrees outside".



I am not a super sentimental person, except when it comes to my babies and my family.
Just knowing that Ruby will never ever ever be this age again tears at my heart. I look at her so often and just think "I will never have this Ruby back, ever again".
My amazing husband will grow old with me and never leave me and will always be by my side (I love you, Kevin) but our babies? We have them JUST to help them find who they are to send them off into the world! It's just nuts!

So I see Ruby all day long and soak her in and then now I'm sitting in bed staring at cute pictures of her, soaking more of her in. I love that little girl!
I'm sure that I was destined, from the beginning of time, to be a Momma. I can't get over how wonderful it is.

Speaking of a wonderful life, I must end this post to watch America's Funniest Home Videos with my man! It's a simple life we lead! :)

2 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

LOVE that picture hahaha! Cute little tushy!

I know exactly what you mean about not being sentimental except when it comes to your kids and family. Exactly how I am! Sophie has changed me so so much. I often look at old pictures of her and my heart just aches that I will never have "that Sophie" back. She only gets bigger, smarter, and more capable from here on out. And slowly she will need me less and less. Ahhh so bittersweet.

Leslie said...

It's so bittersweet when they grow up. More bitter than sweet! On one hand you are so proud to see them grow into the young men/women you raised them to be and on the other, there's nothing sweeter than your precious tiny baby!!! Our children are such a blessing!!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

We are embracing the cold weather around here. Walking around the house barefoot will no longer do. It's fleeces and warm socks.
Ruby is indifferent to weather. She doesn't care a bit, she is just in the zone.
The playing zone.
The talking non-stop but no-actual-words-in-there zone.
The being cute all the time zone.

I am so excited. Tomorrow Kevin has a half day off and we can sleep in!
I have a track workout with our "coach" (our friend who is training us to run fast 5Ks and just get generally awesome) tomorrow at 10:00am but I just want to be like "John, I'm sorry. I don't like to sprint when it's 29 degrees outside".



I am not a super sentimental person, except when it comes to my babies and my family.
Just knowing that Ruby will never ever ever be this age again tears at my heart. I look at her so often and just think "I will never have this Ruby back, ever again".
My amazing husband will grow old with me and never leave me and will always be by my side (I love you, Kevin) but our babies? We have them JUST to help them find who they are to send them off into the world! It's just nuts!

So I see Ruby all day long and soak her in and then now I'm sitting in bed staring at cute pictures of her, soaking more of her in. I love that little girl!
I'm sure that I was destined, from the beginning of time, to be a Momma. I can't get over how wonderful it is.

Speaking of a wonderful life, I must end this post to watch America's Funniest Home Videos with my man! It's a simple life we lead! :)

2 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

LOVE that picture hahaha! Cute little tushy!

I know exactly what you mean about not being sentimental except when it comes to your kids and family. Exactly how I am! Sophie has changed me so so much. I often look at old pictures of her and my heart just aches that I will never have "that Sophie" back. She only gets bigger, smarter, and more capable from here on out. And slowly she will need me less and less. Ahhh so bittersweet.

Leslie said...

It's so bittersweet when they grow up. More bitter than sweet! On one hand you are so proud to see them grow into the young men/women you raised them to be and on the other, there's nothing sweeter than your precious tiny baby!!! Our children are such a blessing!!