Monday, December 5, 2011

Today I'm Saying

Today I am going to muster up all the strength I can and try to pick up the house.
Lately I have been a lifeless little zombie. I don't know why.
I am so SO SOOOOOO tired of eating the same foods.
Kevin looks amazing, has all the energy in the world, and is fitter than I've ever seen him before in my life. He is running circles around me.
I am a hungry, tired person lately. I know I need to step out and learn more about variety and how to do what but I'm just too tired to even try lately. I know...I'm a wuss. I'm working on it.

Ruby got called a boy again. I could see that when she was a bald little fatso baby people could be confused, but a long haired toddler? Wearing a pink fleece and the subject of the conversation included her purple striped socks? Typically the bow in the hair will give it away too, but whatevs.

I am making Christmas gifts this year. Crafts are NOT my forte. They are the opposite of relaxing to me.
My idea of relaxing is having a lot of money to just sit on the couch, and click "purchase" on Etsy. Let someone else do the work.

Am I sounding like a Grumpy Greta? I'm sorry. I'm not. Just blah. COME BACK SUMMER AND SUNSHINE COME BACK!!!!!!!

I can't decide if I love living smack dab in the middle of town, close to everything, and lots of fun and entertaining things to do, or if I'd like to live out a ways, in the country, where my kiddos can roam. And get ticks. Blech.

Clarence is still here. Obsessed with me.

We put up our Christmas tree and as Ruby looked at it with wide, magical eyes a flood of something came over me. Something that said "you better know why you do what you do, and it better be legitimate." And that struck a big time chord in me.
It goes a lot deeper than Jesus Is The Reason For The Season.
Just do a little research on how Christmas started.

Being a parent makes you rethink everything you've known your whole life. Or at least it does for me. I love that.

Ok, I gotta stop rambling and pick myself up from off this couch and start moving my body. Hope wherever you are when you read this, the sun comes out for just a little bit today and makes ya smile:)

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Birds fly. Fish swim. Dogs walk. Take Clarence out for a walk (with Ruby). It will be good for all three of you. I would also recommend re-locating to the desert. Year-round sun and you KNOW the weather will be fine for whatever you plan 15 weeks from now. :)

Leslie said...

I don't know how you have stayed on the straight food path this long. You are amazing!! I could totally see how it could get monotonous. I wouldn't have lasted 2 days.

So ruby gets called a boy all the time and my boys get called girls all the time. Even when they are wearing blue. Most the time I don't even correct people!

What's going on 15 weeks from now?!?!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Today I'm Saying

Today I am going to muster up all the strength I can and try to pick up the house.
Lately I have been a lifeless little zombie. I don't know why.
I am so SO SOOOOOO tired of eating the same foods.
Kevin looks amazing, has all the energy in the world, and is fitter than I've ever seen him before in my life. He is running circles around me.
I am a hungry, tired person lately. I know I need to step out and learn more about variety and how to do what but I'm just too tired to even try lately. I know...I'm a wuss. I'm working on it.

Ruby got called a boy again. I could see that when she was a bald little fatso baby people could be confused, but a long haired toddler? Wearing a pink fleece and the subject of the conversation included her purple striped socks? Typically the bow in the hair will give it away too, but whatevs.

I am making Christmas gifts this year. Crafts are NOT my forte. They are the opposite of relaxing to me.
My idea of relaxing is having a lot of money to just sit on the couch, and click "purchase" on Etsy. Let someone else do the work.

Am I sounding like a Grumpy Greta? I'm sorry. I'm not. Just blah. COME BACK SUMMER AND SUNSHINE COME BACK!!!!!!!

I can't decide if I love living smack dab in the middle of town, close to everything, and lots of fun and entertaining things to do, or if I'd like to live out a ways, in the country, where my kiddos can roam. And get ticks. Blech.

Clarence is still here. Obsessed with me.

We put up our Christmas tree and as Ruby looked at it with wide, magical eyes a flood of something came over me. Something that said "you better know why you do what you do, and it better be legitimate." And that struck a big time chord in me.
It goes a lot deeper than Jesus Is The Reason For The Season.
Just do a little research on how Christmas started.

Being a parent makes you rethink everything you've known your whole life. Or at least it does for me. I love that.

Ok, I gotta stop rambling and pick myself up from off this couch and start moving my body. Hope wherever you are when you read this, the sun comes out for just a little bit today and makes ya smile:)

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Birds fly. Fish swim. Dogs walk. Take Clarence out for a walk (with Ruby). It will be good for all three of you. I would also recommend re-locating to the desert. Year-round sun and you KNOW the weather will be fine for whatever you plan 15 weeks from now. :)

Leslie said...

I don't know how you have stayed on the straight food path this long. You are amazing!! I could totally see how it could get monotonous. I wouldn't have lasted 2 days.

So ruby gets called a boy all the time and my boys get called girls all the time. Even when they are wearing blue. Most the time I don't even correct people!

What's going on 15 weeks from now?!?!