Saturday, December 3, 2011

This Little Big Life


Do you ever have those moments where you are just taken back with how blessed you are? And can't really come up with the words to explain how thankful you are for your family and the life that you live?
Usually those moments come when I look at my daughter or my husband. Like...I just can't believe that I get to live this life.
When I'm worshipping Yahweh I often hear out of my mouth "I can't believe that you chose me", and that's so how I feel.


It's a cold, rainy day today and it's warm and quiet in our home while Ruby girl naps. We had big plans today but it got changed with a little surprise news flash/reminder.
Kevin balances the checkbook and pays all the bills every Saturday and we had a family meeting of getting back on track and figuring out how to feed our family holistically, yet affordably.
We told Yahweh as a family that we trust Him, we know He wants for us to be healthy and nourish our bodies since they are His temple, and we know He has all the resources in the world to provide our NEEDS.
Do we need a red Farrari? Nope. Do we need to feed ourselves real, nutrient dense food that helps our body function the way He created it to? For this family - Yep.

So we are not worried. Yahweh is showing us how to be resourceful.
How to not have a poverty mindset.
How to trust Him and be wise and govern the finances we do have.
I know compared to most 25 and 26 year olds we are ahead of the game, but most 25 and 26 year olds are not the standard. Yahweh is, and we want to match His pace.

So together, we sat down and figured out just how many meals we can stretch our little rice and beans:)
And I am so happy about it and so thankful for this season of MAJOR growing and maturing and stretching us to a level that will greatly benefit us.

I just love this little, big life we get to live.

3 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

I love this for many reasons. Those are some of the exact words I speak when thinking of my life "I can't believe you chose me".

We are by no means living off of a big paycheck bi-weekly. It is soo easy to get caught up in that "poverty mindset" like you just said. Actually, Brice and I just had a long conversation about this 2 days ago after our grocery trip. There's much we have to cut back on for things we will not compromise on, like FRESH food for our family. I often struggle with comparing our income to other people's incomes, and it's such a trap. Slowly but surely, the Father is changing my heart and my mindset about EARTHLY things. I am abundantly blessed and my needs are ALWAYS met. I have never been in a season of need, only want.

Thanks so much for once again sharing your heart! Love it.

Leslie said...

You are one of the most faith living people I know. You live KNOWING and not hoping. I would say like 95% (and it sadly probably includes me) of people couldn't hand it all over like you do. God has definitely "chosen" you. You are one of HIS children!

Leslie said...

By the way, I love that title!!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

This Little Big Life


Do you ever have those moments where you are just taken back with how blessed you are? And can't really come up with the words to explain how thankful you are for your family and the life that you live?
Usually those moments come when I look at my daughter or my husband. Like...I just can't believe that I get to live this life.
When I'm worshipping Yahweh I often hear out of my mouth "I can't believe that you chose me", and that's so how I feel.


It's a cold, rainy day today and it's warm and quiet in our home while Ruby girl naps. We had big plans today but it got changed with a little surprise news flash/reminder.
Kevin balances the checkbook and pays all the bills every Saturday and we had a family meeting of getting back on track and figuring out how to feed our family holistically, yet affordably.
We told Yahweh as a family that we trust Him, we know He wants for us to be healthy and nourish our bodies since they are His temple, and we know He has all the resources in the world to provide our NEEDS.
Do we need a red Farrari? Nope. Do we need to feed ourselves real, nutrient dense food that helps our body function the way He created it to? For this family - Yep.

So we are not worried. Yahweh is showing us how to be resourceful.
How to not have a poverty mindset.
How to trust Him and be wise and govern the finances we do have.
I know compared to most 25 and 26 year olds we are ahead of the game, but most 25 and 26 year olds are not the standard. Yahweh is, and we want to match His pace.

So together, we sat down and figured out just how many meals we can stretch our little rice and beans:)
And I am so happy about it and so thankful for this season of MAJOR growing and maturing and stretching us to a level that will greatly benefit us.

I just love this little, big life we get to live.

3 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

I love this for many reasons. Those are some of the exact words I speak when thinking of my life "I can't believe you chose me".

We are by no means living off of a big paycheck bi-weekly. It is soo easy to get caught up in that "poverty mindset" like you just said. Actually, Brice and I just had a long conversation about this 2 days ago after our grocery trip. There's much we have to cut back on for things we will not compromise on, like FRESH food for our family. I often struggle with comparing our income to other people's incomes, and it's such a trap. Slowly but surely, the Father is changing my heart and my mindset about EARTHLY things. I am abundantly blessed and my needs are ALWAYS met. I have never been in a season of need, only want.

Thanks so much for once again sharing your heart! Love it.

Leslie said...

You are one of the most faith living people I know. You live KNOWING and not hoping. I would say like 95% (and it sadly probably includes me) of people couldn't hand it all over like you do. God has definitely "chosen" you. You are one of HIS children!

Leslie said...

By the way, I love that title!!