Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Kevin and I have always done our Christmas on Christmas Eve, and our big family's Christmas on Christmas Day.
I love this tradition and as far as I can see, we'll probably always have our Kiehn Christmas every year on the 24th.

As with most things in our lives, it was sweet, simple, and meant so much.
Kevin surprised me with a new Nikon 35mm f/1.8G lens that I did NOT see coming and it was just precious.


Right when she woke up to Bing Crosby and presents under the tree.




Moms, don't be the mom that's like "wait!" and has everyone wait around so you can do your make-up or get spruced up for Christmas morning pictures. It's ok to look ugly. Actually, there is so much happiness Christmas morning, nobody looks ugly!


Another sweet surprise. I had mentioned wanting these shoes and tried them on etc throughout the year but never had the definite yes on them. Apparently, Kevin was paying attention cause he got them for me. Love them!

see? shirt left over from last night's church service and running shorts is my Christmas outfit this year. faaaancy!








Merry Christmas,
from our family to yours.

2 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

Awesome on the lens!! I got the 50mm f/1.4 this spring and I love it so much. The 35mm is the next one I want to get. Have fun with your new lens! Mine never leaves my camera.

Merry Christmas Kiehn family!

Leslie said...

Oh I love your Christmas! Ruby is so taking it in in that one pic. You could tell she is like, man...something awesome is happening right now.

I TOTALLY do my makeup for Christmas morning!! I don't look like I'm on my death bed any other day, why should that day be different?! But I do wake up before the kids and do it. I wouldn't want them to wait for me. It's a balance!!

Kevin!! Those are the best presents ever!! How sweet. He never ceases to amaze!!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Kevin and I have always done our Christmas on Christmas Eve, and our big family's Christmas on Christmas Day.
I love this tradition and as far as I can see, we'll probably always have our Kiehn Christmas every year on the 24th.

As with most things in our lives, it was sweet, simple, and meant so much.
Kevin surprised me with a new Nikon 35mm f/1.8G lens that I did NOT see coming and it was just precious.


Right when she woke up to Bing Crosby and presents under the tree.




Moms, don't be the mom that's like "wait!" and has everyone wait around so you can do your make-up or get spruced up for Christmas morning pictures. It's ok to look ugly. Actually, there is so much happiness Christmas morning, nobody looks ugly!


Another sweet surprise. I had mentioned wanting these shoes and tried them on etc throughout the year but never had the definite yes on them. Apparently, Kevin was paying attention cause he got them for me. Love them!

see? shirt left over from last night's church service and running shorts is my Christmas outfit this year. faaaancy!








Merry Christmas,
from our family to yours.

2 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

Awesome on the lens!! I got the 50mm f/1.4 this spring and I love it so much. The 35mm is the next one I want to get. Have fun with your new lens! Mine never leaves my camera.

Merry Christmas Kiehn family!

Leslie said...

Oh I love your Christmas! Ruby is so taking it in in that one pic. You could tell she is like, man...something awesome is happening right now.

I TOTALLY do my makeup for Christmas morning!! I don't look like I'm on my death bed any other day, why should that day be different?! But I do wake up before the kids and do it. I wouldn't want them to wait for me. It's a balance!!

Kevin!! Those are the best presents ever!! How sweet. He never ceases to amaze!!