Saturday, November 19, 2011

Today I'm Saying

-The milk is the best tasting milk I've ever had in my life. No problems with it either, no upset stomach even though it's heavy. I'm going to make butter and cheese and whey with the luscious cream that has risen to the top and then I will smile from ear to ear as I eat it.

- I THINK I am getting to go kind of shopping today because there are some serious actual needs going on in the Kiehn house wardrobe. I am trembling with delight because the last time I got to go shopping and get stuff for myself was in April for my birthday.

-I was at a campfire last night and while there I remembered campfire smoke always makes me sick. Everytime. Swollen throat, dry and hurting nose. And those symptoms are here this morning! Lesson learned. So if you invite me to a campfire from here on...I will send happy thoughts only.

-I just found out the half and half creamer I've been putting in my coffee everyday expired Nov 2.

- I wish I just had billions and billions of dollars to buy all the people I love whatever I wanted for Christmas. I see so many things that I'm just like OH! _______ WOULD LOVE THAT! But my bank account has _____ in it and loves more "homemade gifts". That's okay.

-Because I have been deprived of extra funds this year, my Christmas wish list this year is a mile long of outrageously expensive items. Normally I can't even think of anything I want at Christmas, and this year I can't think of anything I don't want. Of course, I don't expect all of these things, I'm not Greedy Greta.

-Can you de-claw dogs? I so wish Clarence had no finger/toenails. We have wood floors and the NONSTOP pitter pattering and clicking of his nails on the floor is just too much. Off with his nails!

-I am very tired so far today. I need to shake myself into a better mood and take on this day and bless my family.

-Sometimes ya just need time to yourself, you know?

-On that note, I have been beyond busy...more than ever. And I feel so not close to Ruby because of it. For so long, we spent all day in our pajamas or house clothes and played together and cleaned while she napped and then played together at the park that day. Lately I've been finding sitter after sitter and having to go here and be here and I get home and I'm just like "oh Ruby, I'm so sorry".
I know compared to most people's lives this is nothing, but for our little family, especially between me and Ruby, I can feel it's affect. Some things in life are necessary and need your attendance, but our babies grow up so fast it's not worth anything get in the way of you being there and watching every moment happen.

-I do not want to look back in my 50's and regret not being there enough for my kids because of a busy schedule. Never been that person. Don't want to start. Simple is the answer to most everything I know and want to be a part of.

Happy Weekend Everyone...
Get down on the floor and play with your little ones.
Talk with your teens and tell them you love them.
It'll be over before we know it!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Is it bad I laughed at the cream being expired?!

And what did you buy yourself? Clothes?! I love shopping! I know, that's so cliche.

Yes, you have been so busy! It's that time of the year too. It's just a busy season. And it's 10 times harder to eatawesomely healthy like you guys do. I imagine that takes up a ton of time? But it's all nothing compared to women who have to work outsidethe home. Who have to drop theirkids off at daycare from 7-6. We are SO blessed!!

Leslie said...

Sorry about the typos, on my phone.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Today I'm Saying

-The milk is the best tasting milk I've ever had in my life. No problems with it either, no upset stomach even though it's heavy. I'm going to make butter and cheese and whey with the luscious cream that has risen to the top and then I will smile from ear to ear as I eat it.

- I THINK I am getting to go kind of shopping today because there are some serious actual needs going on in the Kiehn house wardrobe. I am trembling with delight because the last time I got to go shopping and get stuff for myself was in April for my birthday.

-I was at a campfire last night and while there I remembered campfire smoke always makes me sick. Everytime. Swollen throat, dry and hurting nose. And those symptoms are here this morning! Lesson learned. So if you invite me to a campfire from here on...I will send happy thoughts only.

-I just found out the half and half creamer I've been putting in my coffee everyday expired Nov 2.

- I wish I just had billions and billions of dollars to buy all the people I love whatever I wanted for Christmas. I see so many things that I'm just like OH! _______ WOULD LOVE THAT! But my bank account has _____ in it and loves more "homemade gifts". That's okay.

-Because I have been deprived of extra funds this year, my Christmas wish list this year is a mile long of outrageously expensive items. Normally I can't even think of anything I want at Christmas, and this year I can't think of anything I don't want. Of course, I don't expect all of these things, I'm not Greedy Greta.

-Can you de-claw dogs? I so wish Clarence had no finger/toenails. We have wood floors and the NONSTOP pitter pattering and clicking of his nails on the floor is just too much. Off with his nails!

-I am very tired so far today. I need to shake myself into a better mood and take on this day and bless my family.

-Sometimes ya just need time to yourself, you know?

-On that note, I have been beyond busy...more than ever. And I feel so not close to Ruby because of it. For so long, we spent all day in our pajamas or house clothes and played together and cleaned while she napped and then played together at the park that day. Lately I've been finding sitter after sitter and having to go here and be here and I get home and I'm just like "oh Ruby, I'm so sorry".
I know compared to most people's lives this is nothing, but for our little family, especially between me and Ruby, I can feel it's affect. Some things in life are necessary and need your attendance, but our babies grow up so fast it's not worth anything get in the way of you being there and watching every moment happen.

-I do not want to look back in my 50's and regret not being there enough for my kids because of a busy schedule. Never been that person. Don't want to start. Simple is the answer to most everything I know and want to be a part of.

Happy Weekend Everyone...
Get down on the floor and play with your little ones.
Talk with your teens and tell them you love them.
It'll be over before we know it!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Is it bad I laughed at the cream being expired?!

And what did you buy yourself? Clothes?! I love shopping! I know, that's so cliche.

Yes, you have been so busy! It's that time of the year too. It's just a busy season. And it's 10 times harder to eatawesomely healthy like you guys do. I imagine that takes up a ton of time? But it's all nothing compared to women who have to work outsidethe home. Who have to drop theirkids off at daycare from 7-6. We are SO blessed!!

Leslie said...

Sorry about the typos, on my phone.