Monday, November 7, 2011

Phew!

We have been busy busy busy lately! Today is normally packed for me, but I'm choosing to use it to rest. I'm starting to feel a sore throat come on and I know it's just that my immune system's down from a lack of sleep and rest! I'm sure little Ruby, who had shortened naps and weird bedtimes this weekend, is feeling the effect of it all too! She's taking a nap as we speak, hallelujah.

My aunt, who is a sucker for getting Ruby adorable things, she just can't help it, swung by and dropped two things off that made Ruby's day.
An enormous monkey we named George ("doh")
and a Sonic drink. 
Ruby's very own.
It was water with lemons and limes in it and I added some liquid stevia so it was like a limeade.
She strutted around with that cup like she was just the coolest big girl in the world. Just chugging it. It was hilarious.



Oh, and she really, really likes George.


This photograph, I plan on blowing up and plastering it on several billboards around town so I can see it all the time. I love these two more than I can explain. She is totally a Daddy's girl which is no surprise. She's just like me and I think Kevin is the coolest guy on earth, so naturally she does as well.

Our church's 10 year Anniversary was this weekend. We did a medley of FOURTY SONGS from over the past 10 years. Kevin wrote it, like put the 39 transitions together and everyone did amazing. I can't believe the praise team pulled it off. Needless to say...lots of hours put into practicing that. We had a whole weekend of celebration. Friday night service, Saturday the big event then clean up afterwards, and practice and stuff before. Doing people's hair, etc. And then Sunday was a service like normal except everyone loved being together so much we just kept hanging out! It was such a good weekend but we are pooped!


The only picture I got with Ruby:( We didn't even take family pictures!! WHAT?! So, so sad. So dumb. We got too busy and never got a chance to. Sniff sniff.

And a big thank you to Kari Beth who saved the day and lent me this gorgeous dress (along with several others...you're the best KB!) to wear for the evening so I didn't have to buy something I'd never wear again. Don't you just love friends?! Especially ones with good taste...


Um...this is the only picture we got of me and my man.
Kevin= hot and kind.
Jessica= obviously tired. in need of lip color. in need of a brush. but very, very happy:)



Let's just say...Kevin gets better (and less Rabbi-ish) with age.
HAHA! This is from 2007, the year we got married.
I don't know why we are holding that little boy like he's ours?
That kid is so big now.
Thank you, Yahweh, for speaking to Kevin's heart and telling him to trim his beard.


Happy Anniversary, Rock of Northwest Arkansas! Here's to many more years of establishing the Kingdom of God in our lives and in this region!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a precious family!

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh!! How BIG is that monkey?! Gorilla size? So funny!

Um, I am going to take that picture of Kevin and Ruby and enlarge it to a 50x100 and hang it above my fireplace. Most precious thing ever!!!

And yes, thank you Lord that Kevin shaved. He is so handsome!!

I love all the pics of you guys at your fancy weekend! Looks like you all had a great time. Cutest family ever!!

Leslie said...

Ps- rabbi comment...classic.

humblelearning said...

"as less Rabbi-ish" ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah!

Dennis said...

Love the Rabbi comment, too. You write really well and I love your style in writing. Tell Kevin I'm proud of him. Having a very happy wife is a "good work".

Monday, November 7, 2011

Phew!

We have been busy busy busy lately! Today is normally packed for me, but I'm choosing to use it to rest. I'm starting to feel a sore throat come on and I know it's just that my immune system's down from a lack of sleep and rest! I'm sure little Ruby, who had shortened naps and weird bedtimes this weekend, is feeling the effect of it all too! She's taking a nap as we speak, hallelujah.

My aunt, who is a sucker for getting Ruby adorable things, she just can't help it, swung by and dropped two things off that made Ruby's day.
An enormous monkey we named George ("doh")
and a Sonic drink. 
Ruby's very own.
It was water with lemons and limes in it and I added some liquid stevia so it was like a limeade.
She strutted around with that cup like she was just the coolest big girl in the world. Just chugging it. It was hilarious.



Oh, and she really, really likes George.


This photograph, I plan on blowing up and plastering it on several billboards around town so I can see it all the time. I love these two more than I can explain. She is totally a Daddy's girl which is no surprise. She's just like me and I think Kevin is the coolest guy on earth, so naturally she does as well.

Our church's 10 year Anniversary was this weekend. We did a medley of FOURTY SONGS from over the past 10 years. Kevin wrote it, like put the 39 transitions together and everyone did amazing. I can't believe the praise team pulled it off. Needless to say...lots of hours put into practicing that. We had a whole weekend of celebration. Friday night service, Saturday the big event then clean up afterwards, and practice and stuff before. Doing people's hair, etc. And then Sunday was a service like normal except everyone loved being together so much we just kept hanging out! It was such a good weekend but we are pooped!


The only picture I got with Ruby:( We didn't even take family pictures!! WHAT?! So, so sad. So dumb. We got too busy and never got a chance to. Sniff sniff.

And a big thank you to Kari Beth who saved the day and lent me this gorgeous dress (along with several others...you're the best KB!) to wear for the evening so I didn't have to buy something I'd never wear again. Don't you just love friends?! Especially ones with good taste...


Um...this is the only picture we got of me and my man.
Kevin= hot and kind.
Jessica= obviously tired. in need of lip color. in need of a brush. but very, very happy:)



Let's just say...Kevin gets better (and less Rabbi-ish) with age.
HAHA! This is from 2007, the year we got married.
I don't know why we are holding that little boy like he's ours?
That kid is so big now.
Thank you, Yahweh, for speaking to Kevin's heart and telling him to trim his beard.


Happy Anniversary, Rock of Northwest Arkansas! Here's to many more years of establishing the Kingdom of God in our lives and in this region!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a precious family!

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh!! How BIG is that monkey?! Gorilla size? So funny!

Um, I am going to take that picture of Kevin and Ruby and enlarge it to a 50x100 and hang it above my fireplace. Most precious thing ever!!!

And yes, thank you Lord that Kevin shaved. He is so handsome!!

I love all the pics of you guys at your fancy weekend! Looks like you all had a great time. Cutest family ever!!

Leslie said...

Ps- rabbi comment...classic.

humblelearning said...

"as less Rabbi-ish" ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah!

Dennis said...

Love the Rabbi comment, too. You write really well and I love your style in writing. Tell Kevin I'm proud of him. Having a very happy wife is a "good work".