Monday, October 10, 2011

Ruby James Kiehn 19 months


Lately every time you get down to take Ruby's picture, she assumes that's what she's supposed to do as well. So all of our "posed" pictures recently are ones that she is squatting in. (And asks Daddy to squat with her)

Ruby James, you are 19 months old and get cooler and cooler. Every night, it seems, Daddy and I just look at each other after we lay you down and shake our heads and just sigh and say "we love her so much!" And then we share funny Ruby stories.

Your words are
Shoes
Hocks (socks)
Mom Mom
Dahd or Dah Dah said quickly (Dad)
shassha (sassa)
cheese
pease (please)
Kee (Clarence)
cah (car)
Coo Coo (Blues Clues)
wah (water)
teesh (teeth. for when you want to brush your teeth)
crackuh (cracker)
cuh cuh (color)
wow
men (amen)
uhhhh while shaking your head (no)
puhpuh, gee, boo, woah, pee (purple, green, blue, yellow, pink)
nur (nurse. says this every time she wants to. and says it and nods her head like "mom, we're gonna do it, ok? just nur me")
ah, woo, bee (R-U-B and y will sometimes come out but you usually just change the subject)
pad thai (bath time)
and several several other words.

When we count to 10, you know 2, 8, and 10. So funny. Not sure how you got those. But basically anything counting to you is saying "two" in the voice tone of going to different numbers but staying on that word.

You are still the biggest nursing fan ever. I am having to tell you "no" during the day and nursing you only at naps and night and when you first wake up. You do not like that one bit, but you get over it once I distract you. I hope all my babies are good nursers like you. Makes life so much easier.

You are getting longer and thinner. Sniff Sniff. But you're beautiful, baby. I can tell you that much. Sometimes I look at you and see a peek into what you'll look like grown up and it just floods me with emotion and pride and love and joy. 

You love to play salon, and go in the back and let me actually do your hair while I speak in a French accent and talk about Ruby Kiehn the greatest American hair model that ever existed. You act older and very special when we do that and it's so cute. I hope you always let me do your hair!

You have a very tender, funny heart. Because when you get in trouble you do the FAKEST sad face/cry, wide open mouth, like the worst thing in the world just happened. But then you hug our neck and "apologize" and kiss us or hug us and then move on. We love it.

One of my favorite things about you right now is that you lay on your belly and kick your legs while you color or read or play with something. It's so adorable.

You are in size 18-24 months, shoe size 4 or 5 depending on brand.

You only call Daddy "Dahd" when you're told. Otherwise you call him Mommy or Mom Mom, which is a slight blow to his confidence but he's getting over it.

You are in this wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night AT LEAST once often more times phase and I just don't understand why. Probably just to nur, you little stinker.


Your ornery face is hilarious. You smoosh your chin(s) down to your neck and smile from ear to ear and show all your pearly whites and move your eyes to the side. 


Every now and then I catch you going up to the guitar, strumming it and singing hilariously while closing your eyes and shaking your head. Hysterical.


At church during praise and worship practice you take a mic and totally get into it. We can't turn your mic on anymore because it goes right into the drummers in-ears and hurts his ears (boo), but it doesn't stop you from dancing, raising your hands, wiggling, and shaking your head. Aretha Franklin style.


I love when you close yourself in a room and I just hear "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom......Mom. Mom. Mom." over and over again from behind the door. Like "uhhh. don't know how to say this but please come get me".


You love to go ni night. When you're tired you'll walk into your room first, pat the rocking chair for me to sit in and nurse you to bed.


When me and Daddy speak over you or pray for something out loud you nod yes the entire time and then give us high fives, which is something we do at our church basically saying "I come into agreement with you" after you've declared or prayed something. And a lot of times you say "men" along with it. It's just so sweet because we didn't teach you that but you've seen us do it so it's just second nature to you.


You pucker your lips at the very last second when I lay you in your crib, even if I thought you were asleep, to give me one last kiss.


If you have a poopie in your diaper during a nap, I always know it because there is silence in the house and then I hear "ew. ew. ew" from your crib in your bedroom.


You hate and I mean haaaaaate the toddler being pulled behind the bike thing. The thing we thought you would ADORE. You scream like I've never seen you scream. Quite the surprise there.


You say Hi and Bye to strangers all the time and you mean it and by the real smiles on their faces I can tell that they got a tiny dose of the blessing I get to swim in every single day.


We love you more than anything, baby girl. You make us laugh every single day. You make us sigh. You make us kinder. You make us tireder. You make us a family. We love you.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Ahhhhhh!!!!!! I LOVE this post so much. The squatting thing is hil.a.ri.ous. Oh my gosh, I've never seen that. And the French accent hair thing... Hahahaha!!! I can just picture you guys in there playing together. What a special little girl, what an amazing blessing!

And I totally relate about you and Kevin. Ryan and I tell each other stories about the kids before we go to sleep. It ctacks us up!!

Leslie Shelton said...

Beautiful post, Jessica. I have know other words...

Kari Beth said...

Precious!

Leslie said...

Just read this again cause I love it so much!! I LOVE all the stuff she does and all the stories. I have to see her pray. You have to do it in front of me on Sun!!

Leslie said...

Not to go comment crazy, but can you imagine how much she will love this when she is older?? Especially when she's a mom herself!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Ruby James Kiehn 19 months


Lately every time you get down to take Ruby's picture, she assumes that's what she's supposed to do as well. So all of our "posed" pictures recently are ones that she is squatting in. (And asks Daddy to squat with her)

Ruby James, you are 19 months old and get cooler and cooler. Every night, it seems, Daddy and I just look at each other after we lay you down and shake our heads and just sigh and say "we love her so much!" And then we share funny Ruby stories.

Your words are
Shoes
Hocks (socks)
Mom Mom
Dahd or Dah Dah said quickly (Dad)
shassha (sassa)
cheese
pease (please)
Kee (Clarence)
cah (car)
Coo Coo (Blues Clues)
wah (water)
teesh (teeth. for when you want to brush your teeth)
crackuh (cracker)
cuh cuh (color)
wow
men (amen)
uhhhh while shaking your head (no)
puhpuh, gee, boo, woah, pee (purple, green, blue, yellow, pink)
nur (nurse. says this every time she wants to. and says it and nods her head like "mom, we're gonna do it, ok? just nur me")
ah, woo, bee (R-U-B and y will sometimes come out but you usually just change the subject)
pad thai (bath time)
and several several other words.

When we count to 10, you know 2, 8, and 10. So funny. Not sure how you got those. But basically anything counting to you is saying "two" in the voice tone of going to different numbers but staying on that word.

You are still the biggest nursing fan ever. I am having to tell you "no" during the day and nursing you only at naps and night and when you first wake up. You do not like that one bit, but you get over it once I distract you. I hope all my babies are good nursers like you. Makes life so much easier.

You are getting longer and thinner. Sniff Sniff. But you're beautiful, baby. I can tell you that much. Sometimes I look at you and see a peek into what you'll look like grown up and it just floods me with emotion and pride and love and joy. 

You love to play salon, and go in the back and let me actually do your hair while I speak in a French accent and talk about Ruby Kiehn the greatest American hair model that ever existed. You act older and very special when we do that and it's so cute. I hope you always let me do your hair!

You have a very tender, funny heart. Because when you get in trouble you do the FAKEST sad face/cry, wide open mouth, like the worst thing in the world just happened. But then you hug our neck and "apologize" and kiss us or hug us and then move on. We love it.

One of my favorite things about you right now is that you lay on your belly and kick your legs while you color or read or play with something. It's so adorable.

You are in size 18-24 months, shoe size 4 or 5 depending on brand.

You only call Daddy "Dahd" when you're told. Otherwise you call him Mommy or Mom Mom, which is a slight blow to his confidence but he's getting over it.

You are in this wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night AT LEAST once often more times phase and I just don't understand why. Probably just to nur, you little stinker.


Your ornery face is hilarious. You smoosh your chin(s) down to your neck and smile from ear to ear and show all your pearly whites and move your eyes to the side. 


Every now and then I catch you going up to the guitar, strumming it and singing hilariously while closing your eyes and shaking your head. Hysterical.


At church during praise and worship practice you take a mic and totally get into it. We can't turn your mic on anymore because it goes right into the drummers in-ears and hurts his ears (boo), but it doesn't stop you from dancing, raising your hands, wiggling, and shaking your head. Aretha Franklin style.


I love when you close yourself in a room and I just hear "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom......Mom. Mom. Mom." over and over again from behind the door. Like "uhhh. don't know how to say this but please come get me".


You love to go ni night. When you're tired you'll walk into your room first, pat the rocking chair for me to sit in and nurse you to bed.


When me and Daddy speak over you or pray for something out loud you nod yes the entire time and then give us high fives, which is something we do at our church basically saying "I come into agreement with you" after you've declared or prayed something. And a lot of times you say "men" along with it. It's just so sweet because we didn't teach you that but you've seen us do it so it's just second nature to you.


You pucker your lips at the very last second when I lay you in your crib, even if I thought you were asleep, to give me one last kiss.


If you have a poopie in your diaper during a nap, I always know it because there is silence in the house and then I hear "ew. ew. ew" from your crib in your bedroom.


You hate and I mean haaaaaate the toddler being pulled behind the bike thing. The thing we thought you would ADORE. You scream like I've never seen you scream. Quite the surprise there.


You say Hi and Bye to strangers all the time and you mean it and by the real smiles on their faces I can tell that they got a tiny dose of the blessing I get to swim in every single day.


We love you more than anything, baby girl. You make us laugh every single day. You make us sigh. You make us kinder. You make us tireder. You make us a family. We love you.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Ahhhhhh!!!!!! I LOVE this post so much. The squatting thing is hil.a.ri.ous. Oh my gosh, I've never seen that. And the French accent hair thing... Hahahaha!!! I can just picture you guys in there playing together. What a special little girl, what an amazing blessing!

And I totally relate about you and Kevin. Ryan and I tell each other stories about the kids before we go to sleep. It ctacks us up!!

Leslie Shelton said...

Beautiful post, Jessica. I have know other words...

Kari Beth said...

Precious!

Leslie said...

Just read this again cause I love it so much!! I LOVE all the stuff she does and all the stories. I have to see her pray. You have to do it in front of me on Sun!!

Leslie said...

Not to go comment crazy, but can you imagine how much she will love this when she is older?? Especially when she's a mom herself!