Saturday, October 15, 2011

Daddy + Daughter Time


I'm finding out that the time Ruby gets with her Dad is not just fun...it's necessary and it's crucial. She and I are with each other 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (give or take a few) and that's great. But I can see already, at the young age of 19 months, that the beautiful dynamic of having BOTH parents is absolutely crucial.

When she hits a cranky, disobedient  level that's stronger than normal testing-toddler behavior, I know it's because she needs a break from me and needs one on one time with her Daddy. And let me tell you...it does wonders!

This morning Kevin took Ruby to the park and then to the square for a BMX bike demo thing and Ruby was in the best mood I've seen her in in over a week. She kept saying "bye!" to me like she was so happy to be going somewhere, without Mommy, alone with Dad. It was so sweet.


I am so thankful for a husband that wants the best for his family. It's the father's role, yes, but many Dads want to spend their weekend after a long work week doing what they want to do. And Kevin is always, always, always putting us first. He helps me clean the house almost every single day. He cleans the tub. He gives me a "relax and do nothing and I'll take Ruby to the park" break so I can relax and do nothing. I am just so thankful for his selflessness.



I bless you, my husband. Ruby and her future siblings are so blessed to call you Dad.

3 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

AMAZING! Brice just took Sophie out on a daddy-daughter date today! They went to run errands and her took her to PetSmart to look at the Kitties and animals.
You are so right! It is CRUCIAL to the daddy-daughter relationship. And I love that this is important to the men in our lives.

Great pictures :)

Leslie said...

The picture of her looking at him while he's reading with those HUGE I ADORE MY DADDY EYES=PRICELESS.

We love Kevin!!! He is an exceptional father.

Cassimus T. said...

ooooh my gosh these are precious!!!!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Daddy + Daughter Time


I'm finding out that the time Ruby gets with her Dad is not just fun...it's necessary and it's crucial. She and I are with each other 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (give or take a few) and that's great. But I can see already, at the young age of 19 months, that the beautiful dynamic of having BOTH parents is absolutely crucial.

When she hits a cranky, disobedient  level that's stronger than normal testing-toddler behavior, I know it's because she needs a break from me and needs one on one time with her Daddy. And let me tell you...it does wonders!

This morning Kevin took Ruby to the park and then to the square for a BMX bike demo thing and Ruby was in the best mood I've seen her in in over a week. She kept saying "bye!" to me like she was so happy to be going somewhere, without Mommy, alone with Dad. It was so sweet.


I am so thankful for a husband that wants the best for his family. It's the father's role, yes, but many Dads want to spend their weekend after a long work week doing what they want to do. And Kevin is always, always, always putting us first. He helps me clean the house almost every single day. He cleans the tub. He gives me a "relax and do nothing and I'll take Ruby to the park" break so I can relax and do nothing. I am just so thankful for his selflessness.



I bless you, my husband. Ruby and her future siblings are so blessed to call you Dad.

3 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

AMAZING! Brice just took Sophie out on a daddy-daughter date today! They went to run errands and her took her to PetSmart to look at the Kitties and animals.
You are so right! It is CRUCIAL to the daddy-daughter relationship. And I love that this is important to the men in our lives.

Great pictures :)

Leslie said...

The picture of her looking at him while he's reading with those HUGE I ADORE MY DADDY EYES=PRICELESS.

We love Kevin!!! He is an exceptional father.

Cassimus T. said...

ooooh my gosh these are precious!!!!