Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Run Today

Some of my favorite blogs are running blogs, and some of my favorite things is when they show their run/where they run/what they see when they run, etc. So I brought my camera on my run with me today. Turns out...it's just a lot of closeups of me. 
Because I can only hold the camera as far as my arms length and shoot it while running so well.
So here goes.

Rode my bike (only like 3/4 of a mile) to a trail near my house called Compton Gardens


I love the houses downtown. These are the only two I shot that I could upload.




Stretching before the run. I LOVE THIS TRAIL. I haven't done it in so long and after today I want to run it again and again! It's a mile down and a mile back. Today I only had time to do 2 miles, but I'm gonna shoot for 3 or 3 1/2 tomorrow or Friday.


This shot was an accident. These are my running shoes if you're wondering. Mizunos. I LOVE them. Got my gait tested at Rush Running (they record you running on a treadmill and say what shoe works best for you) and I love these shoes they recommended to me.


Here we go! Starting off. The whole first mile is basically all downhill. So easy and fun.







 One mile (almost) down. One more to go. Except this one is uphill. Like straight uphill...









Happy excited face that I started off with is changing to a more serious "dig Jessica dig!" face...



And just like that! It was over.
I'm telling you...this weather.
I actually wished I could have ran longer and that never happens. It was 65 degrees and literally PERFECT.


I looooove and highly recommend this watch to any runner.
It shows you everything you want to know
I ran 2.04 miles
and it took me 20:01...


the fastest pace I ran during the run was 7:30
I burned 191 calories. I love this thing!
While you're running and you see your pace is way too slow or too fast, you adjust accordingly. Soo handy. I love this watch. And I love my husband for getting it for me.



Stretching afterwards. See no red face? See no pathetic exhaustion?
IT'S THE WEATHER!
Stay here, 60 degree weather. STAY!


Heading on home...

I walked around the corner and snapped this shot of Ruby once she heard me come in the house. Is there anything better than coming home to this?! When I come home from anything, she is so happy, drops what she is doing and says "mom" or makes one of her noises and runs to me with her arms spread out and gives me a hug. Or comes running to me with whatever she's playing with to excitedly show me. Today it was the latter.
Absolutely the best thing in the world.

4 comments:

Dennis said...

Ruby: "Look, Mom, I started flossiing AND using mouth wash today!!"

Annie said...

Great job momma! I'm so proud of you. I wish I could get my butt in gear and do something active! I"m just too tired after working all day. But I know I'd feel so much better! Good for you!

AND RUBES! You are as cute as can be sister!

XOXO

Haley Galloway said...

Oh man! All I want to do is take a good long run now. Darn this pelvic rest I am on! I need to invest in one of those running watches. I lovvve to run and it's been way too long since I've been able to.

Leslie said...

This post is so great!! You are the best runner ever. You weren't even sweating, and 10 mintute miles...awesome. We walked CG all the time and I know how hard that hill is. Way to go. And I love all the pics of you. You crack me up. I wish I could see the people as they passed this girl with a big camera, running taking pics of herself, and looking at her big watch! Haha, I just love you!!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Run Today

Some of my favorite blogs are running blogs, and some of my favorite things is when they show their run/where they run/what they see when they run, etc. So I brought my camera on my run with me today. Turns out...it's just a lot of closeups of me. 
Because I can only hold the camera as far as my arms length and shoot it while running so well.
So here goes.

Rode my bike (only like 3/4 of a mile) to a trail near my house called Compton Gardens


I love the houses downtown. These are the only two I shot that I could upload.




Stretching before the run. I LOVE THIS TRAIL. I haven't done it in so long and after today I want to run it again and again! It's a mile down and a mile back. Today I only had time to do 2 miles, but I'm gonna shoot for 3 or 3 1/2 tomorrow or Friday.


This shot was an accident. These are my running shoes if you're wondering. Mizunos. I LOVE them. Got my gait tested at Rush Running (they record you running on a treadmill and say what shoe works best for you) and I love these shoes they recommended to me.


Here we go! Starting off. The whole first mile is basically all downhill. So easy and fun.







 One mile (almost) down. One more to go. Except this one is uphill. Like straight uphill...









Happy excited face that I started off with is changing to a more serious "dig Jessica dig!" face...



And just like that! It was over.
I'm telling you...this weather.
I actually wished I could have ran longer and that never happens. It was 65 degrees and literally PERFECT.


I looooove and highly recommend this watch to any runner.
It shows you everything you want to know
I ran 2.04 miles
and it took me 20:01...


the fastest pace I ran during the run was 7:30
I burned 191 calories. I love this thing!
While you're running and you see your pace is way too slow or too fast, you adjust accordingly. Soo handy. I love this watch. And I love my husband for getting it for me.



Stretching afterwards. See no red face? See no pathetic exhaustion?
IT'S THE WEATHER!
Stay here, 60 degree weather. STAY!


Heading on home...

I walked around the corner and snapped this shot of Ruby once she heard me come in the house. Is there anything better than coming home to this?! When I come home from anything, she is so happy, drops what she is doing and says "mom" or makes one of her noises and runs to me with her arms spread out and gives me a hug. Or comes running to me with whatever she's playing with to excitedly show me. Today it was the latter.
Absolutely the best thing in the world.

4 comments:

Dennis said...

Ruby: "Look, Mom, I started flossiing AND using mouth wash today!!"

Annie said...

Great job momma! I'm so proud of you. I wish I could get my butt in gear and do something active! I"m just too tired after working all day. But I know I'd feel so much better! Good for you!

AND RUBES! You are as cute as can be sister!

XOXO

Haley Galloway said...

Oh man! All I want to do is take a good long run now. Darn this pelvic rest I am on! I need to invest in one of those running watches. I lovvve to run and it's been way too long since I've been able to.

Leslie said...

This post is so great!! You are the best runner ever. You weren't even sweating, and 10 mintute miles...awesome. We walked CG all the time and I know how hard that hill is. Way to go. And I love all the pics of you. You crack me up. I wish I could see the people as they passed this girl with a big camera, running taking pics of herself, and looking at her big watch! Haha, I just love you!!