Friday, September 30, 2011

Cross Training

Today I did cross training, which is anything you do for exercise other than running. Gives your body something new and different to work with, works different systems, and builds different muscles. I chose to do Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and...good grief. So hard. And SO LONG! It was supposedly a 40 minute workout but it was more like 50 something. I could be wrong.
(p.s. I had a wee little PR last night. Me and my sis-in-law Julie ran and I ran my 3.17 miles in 30 something minutes but the point is I didn't stop and walk! I have never ran a 5k without stopping to walk for a little bit. Isn't that sad? It's ok though...I'm getting there! Turns out, when you run at night and the weather is flawless and there's a beautiful breeze you can do anything.)


For your viewing pleasure, I took pics of the workout. They didn't turn out well because at one point I had to stop playing around taking pictures and actually start working out. 

My sports bra is a neutral color and IS there.

I took down the curtains for the big window to paint (like the one on the small window) in January of this year. That's how long it takes us to get around to crafty projects around here.

Clarence finally decides to burn some calories.


The next two pictures being blurry is a beautiful symbolism of just how I was feeling.

Arms are my weakness. I have wussy little bird arms. Here I was crying out to Yahweh "why do I not have defined, muscular arms genetically, Lord, WHY?!"

Someone by the window decided to stop burning calories.

This advanced move is called "standing there".

More arms. Help. It didn't help that I was doing the public toilet squat, either.

The cans of corn were in case of emergency and they WERE used at some points.

I think this is where I had to end the photo session and actually focus. 
This workout hurt, honey! But it was worth it. And I'm glad I did it. 
If any of you have Netflix then just rent her video so you can try it out before you drop real money on it. It's a perfect way to mix up your workout and strengthen your body and see definition.

Going to Abuelos tonight! Some friends are taking us. Josh and Anna Duggar went there on one episode. Do I talk about the Duggars too much? Yes? Ok. We only have Netflix and Season 1 is on there so I've seen it a couple times.

Ruby keeps getting more and more awesome. I can't get over it. You should hear her say "sit" and "no no" to Clarence while she points her finger at him. And then she grabs his fur and kisses him and is just so funny. Clarence is the best dog around!

Happy weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Get it girl! That's awesome! We went on a family walk the other night and I RAN and it felt so good...even though I only ran like 1\2 mile...i still did it. Keep up the good work!

Dennis said...

Love how one caption has "Clarence decides to burn calories" and then all pictures after that show Clarence on his side "resting". LOL. Go Clarence.

Leslie said...

First off, this looks so hard. You can tell by the moves you are doing. You look like you are basically in a squat position the whole time. And you are so AMAZING with your running. A 5k in 30 mins...you go girl!!

Also, Calrence CRACKED me up. He's the only dog on earth i can somewhat tolerate. I love him laying there. And the corn was so funny too. You always make me laugh!

Btw, your house looks so hip. You are so hip.

One last thing...we did a great job scheduling our play date this week! What happened to that big idea?!

Canada said...

This DVD, along with 30 Day Shred and Boost Metabolism, is hard. But after every workout I feel AMAZING. Yes, I'm exhausted, sweaty, and my muscles are aching and trembling, but I feel energized and sharper mentally. I exercise five days a week, alternating workout videos, and take the weekends "off", during which I find I now have more energy to do everything from working in the garden to running around theme parks. I'm actually sleeping better too.

Aunt Kristi said...

Jessica--

I just recently purchased two Jillian dvds and I HATE her! :) I can jog/powerwalk all winter long, but once the blizzard hit last week, it's much too icy and cold, so I've brought it back inside. I HATE working out indoors. Even worse, I'm sore from doing the Jillian dvd of lunges, etc., but when I saw this particular blog and your pics, it made me think we were working out to the same dvd. :)

Way to go, mama!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Cross Training

Today I did cross training, which is anything you do for exercise other than running. Gives your body something new and different to work with, works different systems, and builds different muscles. I chose to do Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and...good grief. So hard. And SO LONG! It was supposedly a 40 minute workout but it was more like 50 something. I could be wrong.
(p.s. I had a wee little PR last night. Me and my sis-in-law Julie ran and I ran my 3.17 miles in 30 something minutes but the point is I didn't stop and walk! I have never ran a 5k without stopping to walk for a little bit. Isn't that sad? It's ok though...I'm getting there! Turns out, when you run at night and the weather is flawless and there's a beautiful breeze you can do anything.)


For your viewing pleasure, I took pics of the workout. They didn't turn out well because at one point I had to stop playing around taking pictures and actually start working out. 

My sports bra is a neutral color and IS there.

I took down the curtains for the big window to paint (like the one on the small window) in January of this year. That's how long it takes us to get around to crafty projects around here.

Clarence finally decides to burn some calories.


The next two pictures being blurry is a beautiful symbolism of just how I was feeling.

Arms are my weakness. I have wussy little bird arms. Here I was crying out to Yahweh "why do I not have defined, muscular arms genetically, Lord, WHY?!"

Someone by the window decided to stop burning calories.

This advanced move is called "standing there".

More arms. Help. It didn't help that I was doing the public toilet squat, either.

The cans of corn were in case of emergency and they WERE used at some points.

I think this is where I had to end the photo session and actually focus. 
This workout hurt, honey! But it was worth it. And I'm glad I did it. 
If any of you have Netflix then just rent her video so you can try it out before you drop real money on it. It's a perfect way to mix up your workout and strengthen your body and see definition.

Going to Abuelos tonight! Some friends are taking us. Josh and Anna Duggar went there on one episode. Do I talk about the Duggars too much? Yes? Ok. We only have Netflix and Season 1 is on there so I've seen it a couple times.

Ruby keeps getting more and more awesome. I can't get over it. You should hear her say "sit" and "no no" to Clarence while she points her finger at him. And then she grabs his fur and kisses him and is just so funny. Clarence is the best dog around!

Happy weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Get it girl! That's awesome! We went on a family walk the other night and I RAN and it felt so good...even though I only ran like 1\2 mile...i still did it. Keep up the good work!

Dennis said...

Love how one caption has "Clarence decides to burn calories" and then all pictures after that show Clarence on his side "resting". LOL. Go Clarence.

Leslie said...

First off, this looks so hard. You can tell by the moves you are doing. You look like you are basically in a squat position the whole time. And you are so AMAZING with your running. A 5k in 30 mins...you go girl!!

Also, Calrence CRACKED me up. He's the only dog on earth i can somewhat tolerate. I love him laying there. And the corn was so funny too. You always make me laugh!

Btw, your house looks so hip. You are so hip.

One last thing...we did a great job scheduling our play date this week! What happened to that big idea?!

Canada said...

This DVD, along with 30 Day Shred and Boost Metabolism, is hard. But after every workout I feel AMAZING. Yes, I'm exhausted, sweaty, and my muscles are aching and trembling, but I feel energized and sharper mentally. I exercise five days a week, alternating workout videos, and take the weekends "off", during which I find I now have more energy to do everything from working in the garden to running around theme parks. I'm actually sleeping better too.

Aunt Kristi said...

Jessica--

I just recently purchased two Jillian dvds and I HATE her! :) I can jog/powerwalk all winter long, but once the blizzard hit last week, it's much too icy and cold, so I've brought it back inside. I HATE working out indoors. Even worse, I'm sore from doing the Jillian dvd of lunges, etc., but when I saw this particular blog and your pics, it made me think we were working out to the same dvd. :)

Way to go, mama!