Thursday, August 18, 2011

Potty Training Postponed


Last week looked like this. 


I was ecstatic and so proud of my little girl. She kept coming up to us patting her diaper and saying "pah" for potty so we slowly introduced her to her potty chair, etc.

After going potty a few times in her chair I thought "oh my goodness...I think she's ready to try." So I got princess panties at Walmart and the next day we dedicated to potty training.

She did not potty in the potty one time.
But she did on the wood floor and in her panties every time.


And now? She stiffens her body and yells if we try to put her on the potty chair.


She hates it.
Such a bummer.
I just hope that didn't all set us back very much.
I'm hiding the potty chair now and back to changing lots of diapers and hoping she'll forget about it and it will be cool when I bring it back out one day.


*sigh*...for now, I'll just look at these adorable pictures believing that one day SOON it will happen again. And it will click.

And my diaper changing days will be over for at least a little while.

4 comments:

humblelearning said...

One of my best friends is going to have a baby any day now and is SOOOOOOO excited about her cloth diaper stash. Remember when we thought diapers were cool and worthy of blogging about, caring about, and thinking about? Now they're something my baby poops in, I have to wash, and put away: nothing more or less.

Kari Beth said...

Oh Ruby! She'll get it! E's doing really good. But we are just playing around with it and it has to be her idea. She freaks if I try to put her on the potty. BUT she gets really upset if she messes on herself so that's good. Kind of forces her to go.

Leslie said...

That's okay!!! She'll get it when she's ready. It's just not her time! And that's okay, she's still young! And I agree with your plan about putting it away for now and bringing it back later.

And can I say I LOVE the circle mirror in the background!!! Is that new? I don't remember it.

Dennis said...

I love the second picture. This little girl is reading you guys like a book.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Potty Training Postponed


Last week looked like this. 


I was ecstatic and so proud of my little girl. She kept coming up to us patting her diaper and saying "pah" for potty so we slowly introduced her to her potty chair, etc.

After going potty a few times in her chair I thought "oh my goodness...I think she's ready to try." So I got princess panties at Walmart and the next day we dedicated to potty training.

She did not potty in the potty one time.
But she did on the wood floor and in her panties every time.


And now? She stiffens her body and yells if we try to put her on the potty chair.


She hates it.
Such a bummer.
I just hope that didn't all set us back very much.
I'm hiding the potty chair now and back to changing lots of diapers and hoping she'll forget about it and it will be cool when I bring it back out one day.


*sigh*...for now, I'll just look at these adorable pictures believing that one day SOON it will happen again. And it will click.

And my diaper changing days will be over for at least a little while.

4 comments:

humblelearning said...

One of my best friends is going to have a baby any day now and is SOOOOOOO excited about her cloth diaper stash. Remember when we thought diapers were cool and worthy of blogging about, caring about, and thinking about? Now they're something my baby poops in, I have to wash, and put away: nothing more or less.

Kari Beth said...

Oh Ruby! She'll get it! E's doing really good. But we are just playing around with it and it has to be her idea. She freaks if I try to put her on the potty. BUT she gets really upset if she messes on herself so that's good. Kind of forces her to go.

Leslie said...

That's okay!!! She'll get it when she's ready. It's just not her time! And that's okay, she's still young! And I agree with your plan about putting it away for now and bringing it back later.

And can I say I LOVE the circle mirror in the background!!! Is that new? I don't remember it.

Dennis said...

I love the second picture. This little girl is reading you guys like a book.