Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our Next Season Of Life

This has been in the talks for quite some time and now, it's official.

Kevin is leaving UPS to do ministry full-time!


It's a very long story, but I'll sum it up this way:
-He was in a band, all he ever wanted to do.

-Holy Spirit called him away from that, to come home off the road and submit to authority and work a crappy factory job. AKA a huuuuuge slice of humble pie after people screaming for you and singing your lyrics while you are on stage having the time of your life.

-Kevin died to music, period. He said with clean hands "if you never want me to pick up a mic again, Father, then that's fine. I want whatever you have for me."

-Still at UPS, still not liking it. Still learning to be faithful to something you totally do not like but know has it's purpose.

-Meantime at church, he is asked to move from playing guitar to helping lead singing.

-Then, after some time, the praise and worship leader started doing women's ministry full-time, and Kevin was given the leadership position.

-Still at UPS.

-Along with praise and worship leader, he is also the church cleaner. More humble pie. It's all about sonship. I will have to write a post on sonship. It's such a powerful thing.

-Slowly, over the last 4 years of leaving the band, Yahweh has put on our hearts the call to ministry.
-I fought it at first because I didn't want to be a pastor's or apostle's or evangelist's or prophets wife! (Eph. 4:11)

-I, like Kevin, submitted myself and said "ok Yahweh, you have NEVER steered us wrong. If you are calling us into ministry, then I receive it because I want all that you have for me." And I changed my attitude and got on board.

-We have been doing the pastoring the praise and worship team, Kev leading Sundays and Wednesdays, mixing all the audio for the websites, recording Worship albums, scrubbing toilets and doing whatever he's told, etc. AND working at UPS. For years we have been asking Yahweh "is it time to leave UPS yet?" and for years He said "not now" and about a month ago when we asked He said "now".


So here's the cool part:

There is no pay increase here.
There is a hefty decrease.
We are losing all of our full-coverage insurance.

And we couldn't be more full of faith or sure about it all. It's crazy. I've never experienced faith like this. It's the difference between a knowing and a hoping.
I think a lot of Christians throw something out there and with good hearts really "hope" God backs them up. But it just doesn't work like that.

But when HE says it first and ordains it and says "now this is what I have for you"...THAT'S when you know you are in a safe place. The right place. Everything we need will be provided for because He's called us to this place. And my God doesn't leave you high and dry.

SO REJOICE WITH US AS WE ENTER INTO THIS NEW SEASON OF LIFE!


I can't wait to wake up next to my husband every morning! (He's normally gone by 5:00am)
We have all theses wonderful dreams of waking up and having coffee and breakfast together and him getting to see me and our kids every morning for the rest of our lives! We've been talking about it for years and it's here. It's finally here! HALLELU-YAH!





5 comments:

Leslie said...

Congratulations Kevin!!! Also, we can't forget what an incredible hard working husband and father you are. In serving God, you also served your wife and daughter and happily ate that humble pie to provide for them. That's what a real head of household does!

We are so happy for you guys and wish you all the love as you start ministry full time!!!

Haley Galloway said...

That is awesome news! I will be praying for you guys in this faithful move. Rejoicing for you in having your husband with you a whole lot more. It's amazing, when you heed to the Lord in a totally obedient and trusting way how he blesses you in abundance, financially, spiritually...He meets all of your needs. Bless your family!

Jenny Galloway said...

That is wonderful Jessica! I know exactly the struggle, waiting, and preparing you went through. Since you last saw a post from me we have moved to Indiana knowing Daddy God has called us here to marry the land and minister to His people here. We had to ask for a long time knowing it was what he wanted but just the when part we needed. He is now the associate pastor, in school for his official pastoral license, and working at wal-mart in much lower position than he was before we moved here. *humble pie* Pay decrease, the whole nine yards of what you and Kevin are in now and we couldn't be more full of faith! Daddy God has provided a ridiculous amount for us and still is! There were of course people along the way telling us what they would rather us do, but hey, at the end of the day we live our lives for Daddy God not the approval of others. We as a family are responsible to carry out our call not anyone else. I am so happy for you all!

Leslie Shelton said...

Blessings to you in this new season of life! I can feel your excitement all the way out here in Ohio! :)

Dennis said...

Ah, the life well lived. Life is so interesting. Y'all couldn't take your wildest imaginations and come up with what is in store for you. I'm proud of all of you.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our Next Season Of Life

This has been in the talks for quite some time and now, it's official.

Kevin is leaving UPS to do ministry full-time!


It's a very long story, but I'll sum it up this way:
-He was in a band, all he ever wanted to do.

-Holy Spirit called him away from that, to come home off the road and submit to authority and work a crappy factory job. AKA a huuuuuge slice of humble pie after people screaming for you and singing your lyrics while you are on stage having the time of your life.

-Kevin died to music, period. He said with clean hands "if you never want me to pick up a mic again, Father, then that's fine. I want whatever you have for me."

-Still at UPS, still not liking it. Still learning to be faithful to something you totally do not like but know has it's purpose.

-Meantime at church, he is asked to move from playing guitar to helping lead singing.

-Then, after some time, the praise and worship leader started doing women's ministry full-time, and Kevin was given the leadership position.

-Still at UPS.

-Along with praise and worship leader, he is also the church cleaner. More humble pie. It's all about sonship. I will have to write a post on sonship. It's such a powerful thing.

-Slowly, over the last 4 years of leaving the band, Yahweh has put on our hearts the call to ministry.
-I fought it at first because I didn't want to be a pastor's or apostle's or evangelist's or prophets wife! (Eph. 4:11)

-I, like Kevin, submitted myself and said "ok Yahweh, you have NEVER steered us wrong. If you are calling us into ministry, then I receive it because I want all that you have for me." And I changed my attitude and got on board.

-We have been doing the pastoring the praise and worship team, Kev leading Sundays and Wednesdays, mixing all the audio for the websites, recording Worship albums, scrubbing toilets and doing whatever he's told, etc. AND working at UPS. For years we have been asking Yahweh "is it time to leave UPS yet?" and for years He said "not now" and about a month ago when we asked He said "now".


So here's the cool part:

There is no pay increase here.
There is a hefty decrease.
We are losing all of our full-coverage insurance.

And we couldn't be more full of faith or sure about it all. It's crazy. I've never experienced faith like this. It's the difference between a knowing and a hoping.
I think a lot of Christians throw something out there and with good hearts really "hope" God backs them up. But it just doesn't work like that.

But when HE says it first and ordains it and says "now this is what I have for you"...THAT'S when you know you are in a safe place. The right place. Everything we need will be provided for because He's called us to this place. And my God doesn't leave you high and dry.

SO REJOICE WITH US AS WE ENTER INTO THIS NEW SEASON OF LIFE!


I can't wait to wake up next to my husband every morning! (He's normally gone by 5:00am)
We have all theses wonderful dreams of waking up and having coffee and breakfast together and him getting to see me and our kids every morning for the rest of our lives! We've been talking about it for years and it's here. It's finally here! HALLELU-YAH!





5 comments:

Leslie said...

Congratulations Kevin!!! Also, we can't forget what an incredible hard working husband and father you are. In serving God, you also served your wife and daughter and happily ate that humble pie to provide for them. That's what a real head of household does!

We are so happy for you guys and wish you all the love as you start ministry full time!!!

Haley Galloway said...

That is awesome news! I will be praying for you guys in this faithful move. Rejoicing for you in having your husband with you a whole lot more. It's amazing, when you heed to the Lord in a totally obedient and trusting way how he blesses you in abundance, financially, spiritually...He meets all of your needs. Bless your family!

Jenny Galloway said...

That is wonderful Jessica! I know exactly the struggle, waiting, and preparing you went through. Since you last saw a post from me we have moved to Indiana knowing Daddy God has called us here to marry the land and minister to His people here. We had to ask for a long time knowing it was what he wanted but just the when part we needed. He is now the associate pastor, in school for his official pastoral license, and working at wal-mart in much lower position than he was before we moved here. *humble pie* Pay decrease, the whole nine yards of what you and Kevin are in now and we couldn't be more full of faith! Daddy God has provided a ridiculous amount for us and still is! There were of course people along the way telling us what they would rather us do, but hey, at the end of the day we live our lives for Daddy God not the approval of others. We as a family are responsible to carry out our call not anyone else. I am so happy for you all!

Leslie Shelton said...

Blessings to you in this new season of life! I can feel your excitement all the way out here in Ohio! :)

Dennis said...

Ah, the life well lived. Life is so interesting. Y'all couldn't take your wildest imaginations and come up with what is in store for you. I'm proud of all of you.