Sunday, August 21, 2011

Date Night

To celebrate the end of one season and entering into a new one (Kevin's work situation), I arranged for us to have a date night at one of his favorite restaurants, a local place called Table Mesa.


When Ruby saw that a picture was being taken of her parents she was quite baffled why she wasn't asked to be in it so she quickly pumped her arms and waddled over to be a part of it all.


We accepted her intervention.


Then she really worked it. Hugging out necks, going from parent to parent...just living it up.


Is it obvious we only have one child?
Is it obvious she gets all our attention?
Is it obvious we are absolutely wild about her?!



We had a great night of awesome conversation and romance. I love that when we are on dates Kevin always opens my car door. I love that we are so blessed to have so many people in our lives that can and want to watch our daughter.

I want to encourage you: put your husband first! Make date nights a priority! It's certainly not practical, and may not be perfectly scheduled regularly, but the point is that you take time away as grown ups to look your spouse in the eyes and say "I love you".  You come home crazy about each other and feeling refreshed. HOORAY FOR DATE NIGHTS!

{p.s. We saw Zoo Keeper....hilarious. I can't say it enough: We. Love. Kevin. James.}


{p.p.s Go check out Always Training Trio for their awesome giveaway! Love this blog. I really hope I win. I've never won anything, I don't think:(! }

3 comments:

Leslie said...

First of all, you look amazing. So beautiful. I would go on a date with you. And I LOVE your necklace.

And those first 2 of the 3 of you could be perfect family portraits. Your faces are wonderful!!

Yes, hooray for date night!! We love date night.

Kari Beth said...

Amazingly beautiful couple! Glad y'all got to squeeze in a date night. They are fun every once and again. But I sure do miss Elle Louise when we go on a date. It's always fun to be reunited :-)

Dennis said...

Love the little "first born" you're raising. The pictures of all you are amazing. I can't believe how many teeth that little girl has already.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Date Night

To celebrate the end of one season and entering into a new one (Kevin's work situation), I arranged for us to have a date night at one of his favorite restaurants, a local place called Table Mesa.


When Ruby saw that a picture was being taken of her parents she was quite baffled why she wasn't asked to be in it so she quickly pumped her arms and waddled over to be a part of it all.


We accepted her intervention.


Then she really worked it. Hugging out necks, going from parent to parent...just living it up.


Is it obvious we only have one child?
Is it obvious she gets all our attention?
Is it obvious we are absolutely wild about her?!



We had a great night of awesome conversation and romance. I love that when we are on dates Kevin always opens my car door. I love that we are so blessed to have so many people in our lives that can and want to watch our daughter.

I want to encourage you: put your husband first! Make date nights a priority! It's certainly not practical, and may not be perfectly scheduled regularly, but the point is that you take time away as grown ups to look your spouse in the eyes and say "I love you".  You come home crazy about each other and feeling refreshed. HOORAY FOR DATE NIGHTS!

{p.s. We saw Zoo Keeper....hilarious. I can't say it enough: We. Love. Kevin. James.}


{p.p.s Go check out Always Training Trio for their awesome giveaway! Love this blog. I really hope I win. I've never won anything, I don't think:(! }

3 comments:

Leslie said...

First of all, you look amazing. So beautiful. I would go on a date with you. And I LOVE your necklace.

And those first 2 of the 3 of you could be perfect family portraits. Your faces are wonderful!!

Yes, hooray for date night!! We love date night.

Kari Beth said...

Amazingly beautiful couple! Glad y'all got to squeeze in a date night. They are fun every once and again. But I sure do miss Elle Louise when we go on a date. It's always fun to be reunited :-)

Dennis said...

Love the little "first born" you're raising. The pictures of all you are amazing. I can't believe how many teeth that little girl has already.