Saturday, August 6, 2011

Camp Insideout 2011

We're back! Our church's youth camp was this weekend in the Oklahoma 110 degree weather. Crazy! It really wasn't too bad.

 I always bring my camera to events but I always forget to take pictures, and when I do, they are sporadic. But some pictures are better than no pictures!




 Staying hydrated!

 These are the Salt boys. This is one of our favorite family's on earth. Wish I got a good picture of the parents, too. They are REAL cowboys from Oklahoma and drive 2 hours every Sunday to go to our church. They are the most giving and hilarious people we have EVER met. Remember the post about our crib and new glider chair when I was pregnant? That's the Salt family. They gave us both.

We had a hoedown night at camp where everyone line dances, so that's why everyone's dressed up in their western clothes. Cowgirl Ruby with her pigtails!

 Believe it or not...Kevin does not own many Western articles of clothing. So this was the best he could come up with. Ha!

Oh yeah, I might as well write about the arranged marriage we have with Garrett Salt and Ruby Kiehn. See the littlest boy on the left? The blonde one (he and the other little guy are twins) Yes, that is Ruby's future husband. One Sunday I was teasing them and I said "which one of you boys are gonna marry my daughter?" and they got all embarrassed and tucked their head into their momma.

Then on the drive home out of nowhere Garrett says "ok...I guess I'll marry Ruby". Like he'll be a man up and just do it. Ruby looooves all three of those boys because they are straight up gentlemen like their dad.
They treat her like gold and she knows it and she loves it.

Of course, it's not really an arranged marriage. I can't imagine someone marrying our daughter. Whoever he is, he better be perfect!



Ruby is such a ministry daughter. LOVES people. Will go to anybody and everybody. Sometimes she'll wave and say "bye!" to me when I hand her to someone. Like "go ahead, get out of here Momma, I'm fine!" I looooove that. Hope all of our kids are like that.

Anyways, it was fun but we are SO glad to be back home. I'm such a homebody! Doing laundry today and hopefully making it over to Cook's Natural Foods to get Chia Seeds. Have you heard of those? LOOK UP THE BENEFITS! A total superfood!



After eating like crap for a whole week at camp (seriously...blech) I am ready to nourish our bodies again! We'll declare in faith that Ruby's appetite wasn't ruined by all the processed, dyed junk and sugars she ate this week:/

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

5 comments:

Chrissy Galloway said...

Looks like ya'll had a GREAT time! Hot HOT HOT though...shew! PS, Claira has that same Carters Outfit Ruby is wearing; with all the bright colors. SO CUTE! xoxo

humblelearning said...

She's really growing up Jessica. I just saw it in these pictures!

humblelearning said...

Look how much taller she is than N at 16 months!

http://humblelearning.wordpress.com/2010/08/30/843/

jessica kiehn said...

Seriously! But I will say...that cinched part on the chest always rides up and I have to tug it down. So in that first pic it was riding up which is why it's like a major mini skirt!

That picture of Naftalie just tears me apart. I know growing is necessary and natural...but it's so so hard to admit that your baby is not always going to be a baby. And your toddler will become a kid. And your kid becomes a teenager. And then they leave you forever and get married.

I'm going to cry, I gotta stop.

Leslie said...

OMGOSH!!! Ruby as a cowgirl in pigtails...best thing I have ever seen my entire life. Seriously.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Camp Insideout 2011

We're back! Our church's youth camp was this weekend in the Oklahoma 110 degree weather. Crazy! It really wasn't too bad.

 I always bring my camera to events but I always forget to take pictures, and when I do, they are sporadic. But some pictures are better than no pictures!




 Staying hydrated!

 These are the Salt boys. This is one of our favorite family's on earth. Wish I got a good picture of the parents, too. They are REAL cowboys from Oklahoma and drive 2 hours every Sunday to go to our church. They are the most giving and hilarious people we have EVER met. Remember the post about our crib and new glider chair when I was pregnant? That's the Salt family. They gave us both.

We had a hoedown night at camp where everyone line dances, so that's why everyone's dressed up in their western clothes. Cowgirl Ruby with her pigtails!

 Believe it or not...Kevin does not own many Western articles of clothing. So this was the best he could come up with. Ha!

Oh yeah, I might as well write about the arranged marriage we have with Garrett Salt and Ruby Kiehn. See the littlest boy on the left? The blonde one (he and the other little guy are twins) Yes, that is Ruby's future husband. One Sunday I was teasing them and I said "which one of you boys are gonna marry my daughter?" and they got all embarrassed and tucked their head into their momma.

Then on the drive home out of nowhere Garrett says "ok...I guess I'll marry Ruby". Like he'll be a man up and just do it. Ruby looooves all three of those boys because they are straight up gentlemen like their dad.
They treat her like gold and she knows it and she loves it.

Of course, it's not really an arranged marriage. I can't imagine someone marrying our daughter. Whoever he is, he better be perfect!



Ruby is such a ministry daughter. LOVES people. Will go to anybody and everybody. Sometimes she'll wave and say "bye!" to me when I hand her to someone. Like "go ahead, get out of here Momma, I'm fine!" I looooove that. Hope all of our kids are like that.

Anyways, it was fun but we are SO glad to be back home. I'm such a homebody! Doing laundry today and hopefully making it over to Cook's Natural Foods to get Chia Seeds. Have you heard of those? LOOK UP THE BENEFITS! A total superfood!



After eating like crap for a whole week at camp (seriously...blech) I am ready to nourish our bodies again! We'll declare in faith that Ruby's appetite wasn't ruined by all the processed, dyed junk and sugars she ate this week:/

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

5 comments:

Chrissy Galloway said...

Looks like ya'll had a GREAT time! Hot HOT HOT though...shew! PS, Claira has that same Carters Outfit Ruby is wearing; with all the bright colors. SO CUTE! xoxo

humblelearning said...

She's really growing up Jessica. I just saw it in these pictures!

humblelearning said...

Look how much taller she is than N at 16 months!

http://humblelearning.wordpress.com/2010/08/30/843/

jessica kiehn said...

Seriously! But I will say...that cinched part on the chest always rides up and I have to tug it down. So in that first pic it was riding up which is why it's like a major mini skirt!

That picture of Naftalie just tears me apart. I know growing is necessary and natural...but it's so so hard to admit that your baby is not always going to be a baby. And your toddler will become a kid. And your kid becomes a teenager. And then they leave you forever and get married.

I'm going to cry, I gotta stop.

Leslie said...

OMGOSH!!! Ruby as a cowgirl in pigtails...best thing I have ever seen my entire life. Seriously.