Friday, July 15, 2011

Supplementing


Do you supplement? I know for a fact that I do not eat my daily need of vitamins and nutrients in my food alone. Some nights I lay down and think about what I put in my body that day and realize it's all breads and sugars. So vitamins are a must and a staple in our house.

Sometimes all I have to take is a daily vitamin, like the Life Essence (which is like a super power-vitamin that has sooo much greens and super foods in it) and then sometimes I have others to take with it.

Right now I take
Michaels' Skin Factors- to clear my skin up. My friend gave it to me, her Dad is Dr. Shipman at Ozark Herb & Spice and I mentioned one time how blech my face is and she brought it to me! So I'm not necessarily sold on it, but I'm taking it for now because why not?

Advocare Catalyst- Ok, I love this stuff. It's amino acids to protect your muscles when you are exercising. When you work out, your body pulls AA out of your muscles for energy and recouping. This supplies your body the AA's so it doesn't take it from your muscles, so your muscles get to stay lean and strong because they're not getting their amino acids taken from them!

Solor Ray Total Cleanse- I asked Dr. Shipman why I. am. so. exhausted. and he tested me and said "let's put you on a total body cleanse" He said it's been about a year since I had Ruby and that's the perfect time to do a full body cleanse and to get anything out that doesn't need to be in there that may be weighing me down.( I don't know how everything gets out because I haven't been pottying or pooping any different than normal?)

Pure Labs Life Essence- Daily multivitamin that is just amazing.

I'm looking into getting Ruby tested for what she needs/lacks because I KNOW toddlers don't get all the nutrients they need from their little snacks. I can grind it up and add it to her smoothies and she'll looove it. Many vitamins and herbs come in liquid form, too.

So what about you, do you take any supplements? Do you swear by any? Or do you try to eat all your vitamins via nutrient dense food?

3 comments:

Chrissy Galloway said...

HA! Yea, if only I got my vitamins from my food! I don't think Hostess puts vitamins in anything they make???? Josh has been trying for years to get me to take the Animal Pak for woman (or anything for that matter.) The pills are just so big though and I'm a terrible pill taker!! But it's like this little packet of all these different kinds of Vitamins that do all kinds of good things for your body. I don't know, I would have to google it or have him explain it. But he is a vitamin junky! He has one of those old man pill boxes (it's like a tackle box) with all his vitamins in it! haha.

Leslie said...

Well, I eat only fruits and vegetables, so I get all I need from my food. I don't eat any junk food or anything processed. So I don't have to supplement!!

Heeeeheeeeeheeee!!!!!!

Kari Beth said...

I don't supplement, but after reading this I probably need to jump on board! Let us know what you figure out for Roobs :)

Friday, July 15, 2011

Supplementing


Do you supplement? I know for a fact that I do not eat my daily need of vitamins and nutrients in my food alone. Some nights I lay down and think about what I put in my body that day and realize it's all breads and sugars. So vitamins are a must and a staple in our house.

Sometimes all I have to take is a daily vitamin, like the Life Essence (which is like a super power-vitamin that has sooo much greens and super foods in it) and then sometimes I have others to take with it.

Right now I take
Michaels' Skin Factors- to clear my skin up. My friend gave it to me, her Dad is Dr. Shipman at Ozark Herb & Spice and I mentioned one time how blech my face is and she brought it to me! So I'm not necessarily sold on it, but I'm taking it for now because why not?

Advocare Catalyst- Ok, I love this stuff. It's amino acids to protect your muscles when you are exercising. When you work out, your body pulls AA out of your muscles for energy and recouping. This supplies your body the AA's so it doesn't take it from your muscles, so your muscles get to stay lean and strong because they're not getting their amino acids taken from them!

Solor Ray Total Cleanse- I asked Dr. Shipman why I. am. so. exhausted. and he tested me and said "let's put you on a total body cleanse" He said it's been about a year since I had Ruby and that's the perfect time to do a full body cleanse and to get anything out that doesn't need to be in there that may be weighing me down.( I don't know how everything gets out because I haven't been pottying or pooping any different than normal?)

Pure Labs Life Essence- Daily multivitamin that is just amazing.

I'm looking into getting Ruby tested for what she needs/lacks because I KNOW toddlers don't get all the nutrients they need from their little snacks. I can grind it up and add it to her smoothies and she'll looove it. Many vitamins and herbs come in liquid form, too.

So what about you, do you take any supplements? Do you swear by any? Or do you try to eat all your vitamins via nutrient dense food?

3 comments:

Chrissy Galloway said...

HA! Yea, if only I got my vitamins from my food! I don't think Hostess puts vitamins in anything they make???? Josh has been trying for years to get me to take the Animal Pak for woman (or anything for that matter.) The pills are just so big though and I'm a terrible pill taker!! But it's like this little packet of all these different kinds of Vitamins that do all kinds of good things for your body. I don't know, I would have to google it or have him explain it. But he is a vitamin junky! He has one of those old man pill boxes (it's like a tackle box) with all his vitamins in it! haha.

Leslie said...

Well, I eat only fruits and vegetables, so I get all I need from my food. I don't eat any junk food or anything processed. So I don't have to supplement!!

Heeeeheeeeeheeee!!!!!!

Kari Beth said...

I don't supplement, but after reading this I probably need to jump on board! Let us know what you figure out for Roobs :)