Sunday, July 24, 2011

So I was nursing Ruby last Sunday, and just sitting there rocking and as she was falling asleep the Holy Spirit asked me "could you go a whole week without reading all those blogs you spend so much time looking at? Are you actually able to slow down and HEAR ME when your eyes are glued to the computer screen? What are you teaching Ruby?"

I don't know why it's such a source of temptation for me, the internet. It's just mankind's Adamic nature, to be entertained. To be fed knowledge and information. To be doing something at all times. Silence is deafening sometimes, and sometimes...that's what we need. We need spiritual, life-changing revelation, not information.

So I did it. I didn't blog or read other people's blogs for a week. Anytime my Father prompts me to do something, I do it. Every time. Because why would I want to miss out on something He has for me? 

I had more energy. I got together with more people. I prayed in the spirit more. I wrote a new song. My house stayed cleaner, and there was a beautiful flow to the order of our home. Because I chose to obey, and I chose to stop being entertained and I chose to press into my Father and know and hear His heart and what HE had for me this week.

I'm not buying into this world anymore.
I am perfectly fine being out of the loop.
What's the loop anyway?
Yahweh's people are called to be set apart, to be different.
I can't, and won't, waste anymore time on the things that simply do not matter. They all fade away.

Does this mean I'll never write another blog post? Heck no! I love sharing with my close ones what Ruby and our family is up to.
It's just a positional change that I'm making. Making a choice to not let the entertaining, "promising", self-gratifying things of this world be a part of me. I don't need man's approval. I don't need to turn to the internet to see what other people are doing with their lives when Yahweh has EVERYTHING to show me and my family about our lives and the loved ones around us.

I love the simple life.
You really have to choose it, I'm learning.
And as for me and my house...we will always serve the Lord. Not the world.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Very well written post. Sometimes you just got to do what's best for YOU.

Haley Galloway said...

I truly needed to read this. It's been laid thick and heavy upon my heart lately. So much that it is effecting me emotionally where I've just broke down and wondered how much time I've wasted away and I've mindlessly scrolled through blog after blog and my daughter watches and soaks in my behavior. THANK YOU! The Father is just reinforcing what I already knew through this post.

Anonymous said...

This is what you're missing on Facebook:

http://youtu.be/igCj3jsbcqs

I think it's one of the most awesome things I've seen in a long time. It makes me laugh and cry, every time I watch it. (Which is a lot). Watch it!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

So I was nursing Ruby last Sunday, and just sitting there rocking and as she was falling asleep the Holy Spirit asked me "could you go a whole week without reading all those blogs you spend so much time looking at? Are you actually able to slow down and HEAR ME when your eyes are glued to the computer screen? What are you teaching Ruby?"

I don't know why it's such a source of temptation for me, the internet. It's just mankind's Adamic nature, to be entertained. To be fed knowledge and information. To be doing something at all times. Silence is deafening sometimes, and sometimes...that's what we need. We need spiritual, life-changing revelation, not information.

So I did it. I didn't blog or read other people's blogs for a week. Anytime my Father prompts me to do something, I do it. Every time. Because why would I want to miss out on something He has for me? 

I had more energy. I got together with more people. I prayed in the spirit more. I wrote a new song. My house stayed cleaner, and there was a beautiful flow to the order of our home. Because I chose to obey, and I chose to stop being entertained and I chose to press into my Father and know and hear His heart and what HE had for me this week.

I'm not buying into this world anymore.
I am perfectly fine being out of the loop.
What's the loop anyway?
Yahweh's people are called to be set apart, to be different.
I can't, and won't, waste anymore time on the things that simply do not matter. They all fade away.

Does this mean I'll never write another blog post? Heck no! I love sharing with my close ones what Ruby and our family is up to.
It's just a positional change that I'm making. Making a choice to not let the entertaining, "promising", self-gratifying things of this world be a part of me. I don't need man's approval. I don't need to turn to the internet to see what other people are doing with their lives when Yahweh has EVERYTHING to show me and my family about our lives and the loved ones around us.

I love the simple life.
You really have to choose it, I'm learning.
And as for me and my house...we will always serve the Lord. Not the world.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Very well written post. Sometimes you just got to do what's best for YOU.

Haley Galloway said...

I truly needed to read this. It's been laid thick and heavy upon my heart lately. So much that it is effecting me emotionally where I've just broke down and wondered how much time I've wasted away and I've mindlessly scrolled through blog after blog and my daughter watches and soaks in my behavior. THANK YOU! The Father is just reinforcing what I already knew through this post.

Anonymous said...

This is what you're missing on Facebook:

http://youtu.be/igCj3jsbcqs

I think it's one of the most awesome things I've seen in a long time. It makes me laugh and cry, every time I watch it. (Which is a lot). Watch it!