Friday, July 8, 2011

Branson Trip (AKA a billion self-portraits)

I finally got our pictures uploaded from the trip!
It was so, so fun to get away and as much as I dearly missed our Ruby girl...it was so nice to enjoy the other adult's company and getting to hear someone's full sentence and look into their eyes while they talked instead of act like I'm listening but really looking at my fast little toddler darting out into a crowd of people. Most of my conversations with people these days have to go like

"yes, uh. Oh, yeah...(looking at Ruby as she waves and smiles and runs away)..uh huh...I'm sorry just a second..." and off I go to get her.

Anyways here we go!






On our second day there, I actually got everyone to get up and run at 7:00! I was so pumped that they all did. Me and Kev are the young pups. Everyone else is mid to late thirties all the way up to fifties. So it's kind of a running joke that we are young and peppy about exercise when the older guys aren't AS on board as we are:) But the fact of the matter is they know it's right and it's best to do it so it's kinda like ughhh ok we'll run with you on vacation! It was only 2 miles and not everyone quite finished so don't be TOO impressed...
 Neither one of us are huge Hog fans but somehow we ended up wearing this. I guess if you live in Arkansas you own Razorback apparel whether you want to or not.


Off to the pool for an after run dip!


Being grown ups...
thanks for the bathing suit KB!



aaaaand nobody can spell our name right...


 Out to dinner...


The trip was SO fun. I laid out by the pool...all by myself...for and hour and a half...nobody asking anything of me. It felt weird and wonderful!

One of the trip's big highlights though?
The night Kev's parents brought Ruby to Branson on the way to Chicago and we were reunited with our little sugar booger.



We had so much fun and are so beyond thankful for the people we are joined to spiritually. They truly are a family to us and look forward to ministering with these men and women for the rest of our lives. Yahweh is so good and so faithful!

3 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

AHHH I am so happy to be let in on your life again! I so enjoy your updates and have missed them so much! Thank you!

You look just fabulous, Jessica. Your energy inspires me! Ruby is SO CUTE . I love her hair all up like that!

Looks like a great vacation. Brice and I went to Chicago like 6 months ago without Sophie and I missed her SO much I wanted to turn around and get her. But it is so good to have some alone time and know they are with people that love them as much as you do!

Chrissy Galloway said...

YOUR FACE in those swimming pictures!! LOVE!!! Oh my gosh you crack me up! It looks like you guys had a great time being hubby and wife with your friends!

Leslie said...

This looks like so much FUN! It's good to get away with just your spouse every once in awhile. Marriage first!! I'm glad you got a little break and Ruby didn't wean.

Also, cracking up at your version of a conversation when Ruby is around. So true!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Branson Trip (AKA a billion self-portraits)

I finally got our pictures uploaded from the trip!
It was so, so fun to get away and as much as I dearly missed our Ruby girl...it was so nice to enjoy the other adult's company and getting to hear someone's full sentence and look into their eyes while they talked instead of act like I'm listening but really looking at my fast little toddler darting out into a crowd of people. Most of my conversations with people these days have to go like

"yes, uh. Oh, yeah...(looking at Ruby as she waves and smiles and runs away)..uh huh...I'm sorry just a second..." and off I go to get her.

Anyways here we go!






On our second day there, I actually got everyone to get up and run at 7:00! I was so pumped that they all did. Me and Kev are the young pups. Everyone else is mid to late thirties all the way up to fifties. So it's kind of a running joke that we are young and peppy about exercise when the older guys aren't AS on board as we are:) But the fact of the matter is they know it's right and it's best to do it so it's kinda like ughhh ok we'll run with you on vacation! It was only 2 miles and not everyone quite finished so don't be TOO impressed...
 Neither one of us are huge Hog fans but somehow we ended up wearing this. I guess if you live in Arkansas you own Razorback apparel whether you want to or not.


Off to the pool for an after run dip!


Being grown ups...
thanks for the bathing suit KB!



aaaaand nobody can spell our name right...


 Out to dinner...


The trip was SO fun. I laid out by the pool...all by myself...for and hour and a half...nobody asking anything of me. It felt weird and wonderful!

One of the trip's big highlights though?
The night Kev's parents brought Ruby to Branson on the way to Chicago and we were reunited with our little sugar booger.



We had so much fun and are so beyond thankful for the people we are joined to spiritually. They truly are a family to us and look forward to ministering with these men and women for the rest of our lives. Yahweh is so good and so faithful!

3 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

AHHH I am so happy to be let in on your life again! I so enjoy your updates and have missed them so much! Thank you!

You look just fabulous, Jessica. Your energy inspires me! Ruby is SO CUTE . I love her hair all up like that!

Looks like a great vacation. Brice and I went to Chicago like 6 months ago without Sophie and I missed her SO much I wanted to turn around and get her. But it is so good to have some alone time and know they are with people that love them as much as you do!

Chrissy Galloway said...

YOUR FACE in those swimming pictures!! LOVE!!! Oh my gosh you crack me up! It looks like you guys had a great time being hubby and wife with your friends!

Leslie said...

This looks like so much FUN! It's good to get away with just your spouse every once in awhile. Marriage first!! I'm glad you got a little break and Ruby didn't wean.

Also, cracking up at your version of a conversation when Ruby is around. So true!