Sunday, June 5, 2011

WWBUT

Or, What We've Been Up To. I don't think this acronym will catch on because saying "wwbut" doesn't really sound cool...

Anyways we've been playing a lot of pick-up soccer with friends (on Sundays if anyone is interested!) and it is so so fun. I can see that I'm gradually getting better and that's even more exciting. It's SUCH good exercise, too. But you don't notice it that much because you're so focused on playing and you're having fun!

 On this particular day, a team of Indians asked if they could join us. All the shy Kiehns were hesitant and the not-shy Jessica said "YES!". So glad I did, because we met some really nice friends that we otherwise would not have. Nice to meet you, Siraj (see-rahj), Rijan (ree-hahn) and Kumar!


Our neighbor's are selling their home and I went inside and saw this. It's GORGEOUS! Right up our alley. However they are asking about $100,000 above our price range...

You can't see it in the pic, but the backsplash is a heavenly creamy teal subway tile. Gorgeous!


And last but certainly not least...Kevin's little brother Stephen GOT MARRIED! Welcome to the fam, Angela. Angela Kiehn, or Angel Licking if your brain operates like mine. Either way...welcome:)




Oh, and our daughter looked downright breathtaking at said wedding. I squealed with joy and happiness when I put the dress on her and she knew it was special. She took a few steps away and turned back and looked right at me, those bright eyes, and tilted her head into her neck and gave the best "I'm so sweet and cute and Mommy's obviously proud of me for something" look she could muster up. 
But like Daddy said, sugar, you make the dress cute.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

How would you feel about me taking that last pic of Ruby and making it my screen saver? She is SO PRECIOUS!! I can't even believe it. And that headband...ahhhh!!!

And I'm not at all surprised about you and the pick up soccer. That's right up your alley! And it's so much running, way to go!

And that house, are you kidding? It looks like a Better Homes and Garden add.

Anonymous said...

Yoobi. You were a princess!

Kari Beth said...

elle and ruby's dresses look similar! so sweet all gussied up. doesn't happen much, huh? but fun when it does.

i think i would die if i played pick-up soccer. whatever the heck that is?!

love that house...aaron and i can totally afford it. we will move in! and be neighbors. in my wildest dreams.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

WWBUT

Or, What We've Been Up To. I don't think this acronym will catch on because saying "wwbut" doesn't really sound cool...

Anyways we've been playing a lot of pick-up soccer with friends (on Sundays if anyone is interested!) and it is so so fun. I can see that I'm gradually getting better and that's even more exciting. It's SUCH good exercise, too. But you don't notice it that much because you're so focused on playing and you're having fun!

 On this particular day, a team of Indians asked if they could join us. All the shy Kiehns were hesitant and the not-shy Jessica said "YES!". So glad I did, because we met some really nice friends that we otherwise would not have. Nice to meet you, Siraj (see-rahj), Rijan (ree-hahn) and Kumar!


Our neighbor's are selling their home and I went inside and saw this. It's GORGEOUS! Right up our alley. However they are asking about $100,000 above our price range...

You can't see it in the pic, but the backsplash is a heavenly creamy teal subway tile. Gorgeous!


And last but certainly not least...Kevin's little brother Stephen GOT MARRIED! Welcome to the fam, Angela. Angela Kiehn, or Angel Licking if your brain operates like mine. Either way...welcome:)




Oh, and our daughter looked downright breathtaking at said wedding. I squealed with joy and happiness when I put the dress on her and she knew it was special. She took a few steps away and turned back and looked right at me, those bright eyes, and tilted her head into her neck and gave the best "I'm so sweet and cute and Mommy's obviously proud of me for something" look she could muster up. 
But like Daddy said, sugar, you make the dress cute.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

How would you feel about me taking that last pic of Ruby and making it my screen saver? She is SO PRECIOUS!! I can't even believe it. And that headband...ahhhh!!!

And I'm not at all surprised about you and the pick up soccer. That's right up your alley! And it's so much running, way to go!

And that house, are you kidding? It looks like a Better Homes and Garden add.

Anonymous said...

Yoobi. You were a princess!

Kari Beth said...

elle and ruby's dresses look similar! so sweet all gussied up. doesn't happen much, huh? but fun when it does.

i think i would die if i played pick-up soccer. whatever the heck that is?!

love that house...aaron and i can totally afford it. we will move in! and be neighbors. in my wildest dreams.