Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Thoughts On A Thursday Night

Well, my baby is finally doing better. Thank you, Father.
This past week has literally been the roughest one I can remember of my life so far. Physically and mentally and emotionally speaking.
While you're so caught up in doing whatever it takes to make your sick baby better...you forget about yourself. And that's fine, I mean, that's Motherhood! But this went on for 7 full days. All day pain and agony for her. Non stop screaming/fussing/crying. Then up multiple times at night. Nursing. Rocking. Praying.

And now she's back to Ruby.
And I took my first shower today since Sunday. I did not shave my legs.
I have been in this house all week eating PURE CRAP and not exercising.
I am ready to get out and active and Ruby be happy and full of life again!
My goals tomorrow are:
a) put a real outfit on
b) put make up on
c) eat well and eat real food with nutrients
d) play and play and play with my smiley girl

I hope we get out and run this weekend. GUESS WHAT KEVIN BOUGHT ME?!!!!

I am so so pumped! It's a GPS running watch. So it tracks your mileage, heart rate, pace, calories burned, time, etc.

Next weekend we are going to Branson for a staff retreat. I am SO looking forward to getting away and having great fellowship with dear friends and just quietness. The men will golf and the women will shop. However...Ruby won't be there:( This is the first time we have EVER left Ruby over night. I was so so nervous at first but I know it will be fine since it's just Branson.

We'll be gone Thursday day and night w/o her, then Friday without her, then Janet and Ken are bringing her to Branson and we're meeting up Friday eveningish. Then she'll stay that night with us and we'll drive home Saturday. I can't believe it. I am so sad just typing this out. She still nurses everytime she goes to sleep! And wakes up! If she weans from this trip alone I will stand on a mountain top and curse Branson forever!!!!!!!!!

But...she is 16 months and I know everything will be ok. And even if it's not, I'll drive my little hiney home and hold my baby!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I am SO glad she is better. Thank you, God!! Bless her sweet heart. You are the best mom ever taking care of her nonstop like that until she felt better.

And I know exactly how you feel about leaving her overnight. I just left Miller for the first time overnight about a month and a half ago. And he's 2 1/2. So don't feel bad!

jessica kiehn said...

Leslie I thought of you several times throughout the week. and my sister. moms are just amazing. and doing it with a toddler AND newborn with your husband having to be gone all the time...its not easy!! but we can do it. amd the hard parts come but they also go.

Leslie said...

It's like that saying about raising kids...the days are so long and the years are so short. It's so true. By the end of the say you've worked so hard and you're exhausted. But then all the sudden they are 1, 2, 3, 10, 15, 20 and you're really like, when in the world did that happen?!

Leslie said...

Oh and SO awesome about the watch!! Kevin is such a sweet hubby!

Leslie Shelton said...

I remember leaving my nursing toddler for the first time at about the same age. I'm certain she won't wean in just one night. What shocked me, though, was how BADLY I needed to nurse him after such a short time. I thought that since we were down to a couple of times a day, I wouldn't really "fill up." Wrong! I ran into my in-law's house, woke the baby up from a sound nap, and we happily nursed. A relief to both of us! Haha!

Dennis said...

Sounds like you're all doing great. Love the pics of Ruby and her story telling.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Thoughts On A Thursday Night

Well, my baby is finally doing better. Thank you, Father.
This past week has literally been the roughest one I can remember of my life so far. Physically and mentally and emotionally speaking.
While you're so caught up in doing whatever it takes to make your sick baby better...you forget about yourself. And that's fine, I mean, that's Motherhood! But this went on for 7 full days. All day pain and agony for her. Non stop screaming/fussing/crying. Then up multiple times at night. Nursing. Rocking. Praying.

And now she's back to Ruby.
And I took my first shower today since Sunday. I did not shave my legs.
I have been in this house all week eating PURE CRAP and not exercising.
I am ready to get out and active and Ruby be happy and full of life again!
My goals tomorrow are:
a) put a real outfit on
b) put make up on
c) eat well and eat real food with nutrients
d) play and play and play with my smiley girl

I hope we get out and run this weekend. GUESS WHAT KEVIN BOUGHT ME?!!!!

I am so so pumped! It's a GPS running watch. So it tracks your mileage, heart rate, pace, calories burned, time, etc.

Next weekend we are going to Branson for a staff retreat. I am SO looking forward to getting away and having great fellowship with dear friends and just quietness. The men will golf and the women will shop. However...Ruby won't be there:( This is the first time we have EVER left Ruby over night. I was so so nervous at first but I know it will be fine since it's just Branson.

We'll be gone Thursday day and night w/o her, then Friday without her, then Janet and Ken are bringing her to Branson and we're meeting up Friday eveningish. Then she'll stay that night with us and we'll drive home Saturday. I can't believe it. I am so sad just typing this out. She still nurses everytime she goes to sleep! And wakes up! If she weans from this trip alone I will stand on a mountain top and curse Branson forever!!!!!!!!!

But...she is 16 months and I know everything will be ok. And even if it's not, I'll drive my little hiney home and hold my baby!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I am SO glad she is better. Thank you, God!! Bless her sweet heart. You are the best mom ever taking care of her nonstop like that until she felt better.

And I know exactly how you feel about leaving her overnight. I just left Miller for the first time overnight about a month and a half ago. And he's 2 1/2. So don't feel bad!

jessica kiehn said...

Leslie I thought of you several times throughout the week. and my sister. moms are just amazing. and doing it with a toddler AND newborn with your husband having to be gone all the time...its not easy!! but we can do it. amd the hard parts come but they also go.

Leslie said...

It's like that saying about raising kids...the days are so long and the years are so short. It's so true. By the end of the say you've worked so hard and you're exhausted. But then all the sudden they are 1, 2, 3, 10, 15, 20 and you're really like, when in the world did that happen?!

Leslie said...

Oh and SO awesome about the watch!! Kevin is such a sweet hubby!

Leslie Shelton said...

I remember leaving my nursing toddler for the first time at about the same age. I'm certain she won't wean in just one night. What shocked me, though, was how BADLY I needed to nurse him after such a short time. I thought that since we were down to a couple of times a day, I wouldn't really "fill up." Wrong! I ran into my in-law's house, woke the baby up from a sound nap, and we happily nursed. A relief to both of us! Haha!

Dennis said...

Sounds like you're all doing great. Love the pics of Ruby and her story telling.