Monday, June 6, 2011

My Love

There are several things about this man that makes me weak in the knees. 
I love him more today that I ever have.
In my eyes, he's just perfect. Seriously.
When I'm down, he pulls me up.
When I'm exhausted, he cleans the house.
He listens to me talk and talk and talk.
He is so patient with me. 
He never yells. 
He is calm and steady on.
But hilarious and silly. (mainly when it's just us)
He knows me like the back of his hand and he adores me.

Sometimes he'll be talking to me and it's like his voice gets drowned out and I'm not hearing anything he's saying and I just zone in on him and his eyes and I see him for who he is and I'm just in awe and in love with the man of God he is. And the best friend he is. And the father he is. 


The other day I walked out and saw him playing piano with the headphones because Ruby was asleep and it was one of those heart-flutter-oh-my-gosh-he's-so-cute-i-love-my-husband moments. And then he shows me the beautiful song he just wrote effortlessly with his hard working, calloused hands from his factory job and it just was almost too much.


 I have no earthly idea why Yahweh chose to give me this man, and me to him, but I'm absolutely honored that He did.


2 comments:

Leslie said...

This is beautiful and so heart felt. Kevin truly is a GREAT husband and father. You can really tell just how much you love him.

Kari Beth said...

you are a great couple. you are a wonderful wife and kevin is a wonderful husband. great people!

Monday, June 6, 2011

My Love

There are several things about this man that makes me weak in the knees. 
I love him more today that I ever have.
In my eyes, he's just perfect. Seriously.
When I'm down, he pulls me up.
When I'm exhausted, he cleans the house.
He listens to me talk and talk and talk.
He is so patient with me. 
He never yells. 
He is calm and steady on.
But hilarious and silly. (mainly when it's just us)
He knows me like the back of his hand and he adores me.

Sometimes he'll be talking to me and it's like his voice gets drowned out and I'm not hearing anything he's saying and I just zone in on him and his eyes and I see him for who he is and I'm just in awe and in love with the man of God he is. And the best friend he is. And the father he is. 


The other day I walked out and saw him playing piano with the headphones because Ruby was asleep and it was one of those heart-flutter-oh-my-gosh-he's-so-cute-i-love-my-husband moments. And then he shows me the beautiful song he just wrote effortlessly with his hard working, calloused hands from his factory job and it just was almost too much.


 I have no earthly idea why Yahweh chose to give me this man, and me to him, but I'm absolutely honored that He did.


2 comments:

Leslie said...

This is beautiful and so heart felt. Kevin truly is a GREAT husband and father. You can really tell just how much you love him.

Kari Beth said...

you are a great couple. you are a wonderful wife and kevin is a wonderful husband. great people!