Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Love Saturdays

I have loved this day so much so far. And we have fun plans for the night including a picnic!
But so far...

We woke up.
Went running for 3 miles. I didn't stop once! This is a biiig deal for me.



I love Kevin as my "coach". He doesn't put up with any of my excuses but also doesn't make me feel like crap. Our first big run together a couple weeks ago I was saying "honey, I'm going to faint" and then "I think I'm gonna throw up babe" all in my saddest please-help-me voice WHILE running and did he cave? NO!!! And am I in love with him for that? YES!!!! For some dumb reason I'd probably say something like "why did you let me walk, kevin?" after the run if I had walked. Oh my sweet husband. Not sure any other man could handle me and my weirdnesses. And the words I make up like weirdnesses.

Later he told me "I know it may sound awful, but I was thinking to myself, unless she actually does puke or faint, I don't believe her and I'm gonna make her keep running" HAHA! I love that. I always beg him, BEG HIM, please please please push me honey. I know I should be self-motivated but I'm not as much as I'd like to be so I need your help! Don't let me make excuses! And he's good at it.

So after our run, it ended back up at the square where our town has the COOLEST splash park for kids. Fountains squirting everywhere. Ruby waited patiently in her bathing suit in the stroller during the run and she was greatly rewarded.




I have literally never seen my daughter so happy in all of her life. Guys...she was hysterical. Just, out of this world, couldn't believe it happiness and joy. She was playing so hard and loving all the kids and the water and it was just too cute for words. I adore her.



HAPPY SATURDAY!

Kevin is at a concert right now, he was asked to minister to the bands before their show. Which is cool because he used to be right where they are, so he knows exactly what it's like. Wish me and Roobster could have gone but she is still fast asleep, probably dreaming of her splash park adventure...

1 comment:

Kari Beth said...

ummm...we'll meet you at the park next saturday! just name the time! so. much. fun.
and soooooooo proud of your 3-mile run!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Love Saturdays

I have loved this day so much so far. And we have fun plans for the night including a picnic!
But so far...

We woke up.
Went running for 3 miles. I didn't stop once! This is a biiig deal for me.



I love Kevin as my "coach". He doesn't put up with any of my excuses but also doesn't make me feel like crap. Our first big run together a couple weeks ago I was saying "honey, I'm going to faint" and then "I think I'm gonna throw up babe" all in my saddest please-help-me voice WHILE running and did he cave? NO!!! And am I in love with him for that? YES!!!! For some dumb reason I'd probably say something like "why did you let me walk, kevin?" after the run if I had walked. Oh my sweet husband. Not sure any other man could handle me and my weirdnesses. And the words I make up like weirdnesses.

Later he told me "I know it may sound awful, but I was thinking to myself, unless she actually does puke or faint, I don't believe her and I'm gonna make her keep running" HAHA! I love that. I always beg him, BEG HIM, please please please push me honey. I know I should be self-motivated but I'm not as much as I'd like to be so I need your help! Don't let me make excuses! And he's good at it.

So after our run, it ended back up at the square where our town has the COOLEST splash park for kids. Fountains squirting everywhere. Ruby waited patiently in her bathing suit in the stroller during the run and she was greatly rewarded.




I have literally never seen my daughter so happy in all of her life. Guys...she was hysterical. Just, out of this world, couldn't believe it happiness and joy. She was playing so hard and loving all the kids and the water and it was just too cute for words. I adore her.



HAPPY SATURDAY!

Kevin is at a concert right now, he was asked to minister to the bands before their show. Which is cool because he used to be right where they are, so he knows exactly what it's like. Wish me and Roobster could have gone but she is still fast asleep, probably dreaming of her splash park adventure...

1 comment:

Kari Beth said...

ummm...we'll meet you at the park next saturday! just name the time! so. much. fun.
and soooooooo proud of your 3-mile run!