Friday, June 17, 2011

Girlie Twinkies, Farmhouse, and TEETHING STINKS!

Ruby the big girl got her toe nails painted! The regular, bad, not-natural kind of polish (gasp!) It's ok. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Although I will admit Kev and I both felt a little weird with her toes like this like we were weirdo pageant parents forcing their daughter to grow up. She's only 15 months old! We'll wait till she's a little older for the next polishing...



My momma (a realtor) sent us an email about this old farmhouse for sale with acreage. We went out to have a look...


Love this image. Our car with this house and this setting. Ahhh!



Conclusion: The potential is amazing. The work and finances we'd have to pour into it, however, are just WAY too much for us to even consider. This beauty is RUN DOWN. And not the greatest location. I don't want to be a big drive from everything. And we don't want to bite off more than we can handle. This is a LOT lot of initial work and then tons of maintanence from there. So, we passed.
Still keeping our eyes open.

The last few days have just been YUCKY and miserable for our sweet Ruby. She's never had problem with teething like this before. Maybe a low grade fever for a day and that's it. She's had a big time fever for 3 days now and will just break out and cry out of nowhere and fling her body around in severe pain. I feel sooo bad. She's so cuddly and sweet about it in between the screaming/crying hurting parts.






Say a prayer of healing over our baby girl. Let's get these teeth in and get it over with! Nothing worse than your kids hurting and nothing you can do about it!

We have a busy busy weekend ahead of us. Breathing deeply and choosing to look forward to it.
If you're reading this...I love you.
Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Awww.....poor Ruby girl! She'll get better soon. Teething is no fun for baby, nor momma! You know what cracks me up is your matching feet pictures with painted toes. She may look exactly like her daddy, but she has your feet!! Too cute!:)

Leslie said...

Oh Ruby, I love you!!! And I will pray for your teething pain. Bless her heart. I know you are giving her lots of love. I love that sweet pic of you comforting her. You are such a good mom.

The farmhouse setting looks so awesome! But I can't blame you about the work. The PERFECT place will come. I know you know that.

And all I can say about the toes...she's 15 months and this is her first polish?! You have been neglecting her. I bet she's never even had fake eyelashes. Poor girl.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Girlie Twinkies, Farmhouse, and TEETHING STINKS!

Ruby the big girl got her toe nails painted! The regular, bad, not-natural kind of polish (gasp!) It's ok. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Although I will admit Kev and I both felt a little weird with her toes like this like we were weirdo pageant parents forcing their daughter to grow up. She's only 15 months old! We'll wait till she's a little older for the next polishing...



My momma (a realtor) sent us an email about this old farmhouse for sale with acreage. We went out to have a look...


Love this image. Our car with this house and this setting. Ahhh!



Conclusion: The potential is amazing. The work and finances we'd have to pour into it, however, are just WAY too much for us to even consider. This beauty is RUN DOWN. And not the greatest location. I don't want to be a big drive from everything. And we don't want to bite off more than we can handle. This is a LOT lot of initial work and then tons of maintanence from there. So, we passed.
Still keeping our eyes open.

The last few days have just been YUCKY and miserable for our sweet Ruby. She's never had problem with teething like this before. Maybe a low grade fever for a day and that's it. She's had a big time fever for 3 days now and will just break out and cry out of nowhere and fling her body around in severe pain. I feel sooo bad. She's so cuddly and sweet about it in between the screaming/crying hurting parts.






Say a prayer of healing over our baby girl. Let's get these teeth in and get it over with! Nothing worse than your kids hurting and nothing you can do about it!

We have a busy busy weekend ahead of us. Breathing deeply and choosing to look forward to it.
If you're reading this...I love you.
Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Awww.....poor Ruby girl! She'll get better soon. Teething is no fun for baby, nor momma! You know what cracks me up is your matching feet pictures with painted toes. She may look exactly like her daddy, but she has your feet!! Too cute!:)

Leslie said...

Oh Ruby, I love you!!! And I will pray for your teething pain. Bless her heart. I know you are giving her lots of love. I love that sweet pic of you comforting her. You are such a good mom.

The farmhouse setting looks so awesome! But I can't blame you about the work. The PERFECT place will come. I know you know that.

And all I can say about the toes...she's 15 months and this is her first polish?! You have been neglecting her. I bet she's never even had fake eyelashes. Poor girl.