Saturday, June 18, 2011

Early Morning Run

Got to bed at 11:30 last night and was up a few times with Ruby. Still running fever and still not doing well. When I called the doctor (I have a serious love/hate relationship with doctors and the medical world) they said to give her baby ibuprofen and just wait it out. Sweet girl. She has a high fever again and now had bright red gums and sores on her tongue. Ready for whatever is attacking her little body to leave and never rear it's ugly head again. Amen.

Anyway, with what little sleep I got, I woke up this morning at a little after 6 to do some sprint work at the track. Kevin and Ruby were still asleep so Clarence and I snuck out of the house for our run. I do not like sprint work at all, but I know it's necessary to get faster and also I need to mix up my workouts. I've gotten so fond of slower paced distance running that's all I do and that's not always good on your body to use the same muscles over and over again.



I may start posting my workouts so it kind of keeps me accountable. But then again, only like 2 people read this and I certainly don't blog so you people think I'm cool so it'd be kind of pointless. But sometimes I just like to sit at this computer and just write. And have some quiet time and write whatever I want to say.

So this week:
Sunday- played soccer for probably an hour
Monday- ran 2 miles. Middle of the day scorching heat with no trees on the road I ran. NOT easy or pretty.
Tuesday- nothing. worked all day.
Wednesday- nothing. stayed home with sick baby:(
Thursday- ran 3 miles
Friday- nothing.
Saturday- run 1 mile to track. Do intervals of 400m (1/4 mile) sprints 4x. (1mi) Then 1 mile back home.
Sunday- I don't know yet but I'm imagining nothing.

I love running because it gives me time to step away from the hectic-ness of life and there is quiet and just the sound of my breathing and my thoughts. It's when I get to be quiet long enough to hear what Yahweh is saying to me. When I come back I feel like a million bucks and am re-energized and so HAPPY to see my family and take on Motherhood and Household Manager again.

 Fail. No head.

These are all just basically to show you my new shorts I got for $14.98 that are normally $29.99! And you know why? Because they're pink! Supposedly pink and blue were so last season (you know, the exact colors I'm wearing in these photos) and this year Nike's big thing is more purples and yellows. Pish posh. I say bring the pink for 1/2 off! And I love these shorts.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Jessica, you look AMAZING!!! Seriously. I can't believe it. Well, actually I can after reading your workout. You know how you always say you can't believe I do this or that around the house or whatever...I can't believe how dedicated you are to the running and the working out. I am so happy you found something like that that gives your peace, energy, confidence, and not to mention that smokin' bod!

Kari Beth said...

so proud of you!
start back to 2-day work weeks next week so HOPING that i can get on some sort of exercise regimen...
p.s. you should totally start a running blog!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Early Morning Run

Got to bed at 11:30 last night and was up a few times with Ruby. Still running fever and still not doing well. When I called the doctor (I have a serious love/hate relationship with doctors and the medical world) they said to give her baby ibuprofen and just wait it out. Sweet girl. She has a high fever again and now had bright red gums and sores on her tongue. Ready for whatever is attacking her little body to leave and never rear it's ugly head again. Amen.

Anyway, with what little sleep I got, I woke up this morning at a little after 6 to do some sprint work at the track. Kevin and Ruby were still asleep so Clarence and I snuck out of the house for our run. I do not like sprint work at all, but I know it's necessary to get faster and also I need to mix up my workouts. I've gotten so fond of slower paced distance running that's all I do and that's not always good on your body to use the same muscles over and over again.



I may start posting my workouts so it kind of keeps me accountable. But then again, only like 2 people read this and I certainly don't blog so you people think I'm cool so it'd be kind of pointless. But sometimes I just like to sit at this computer and just write. And have some quiet time and write whatever I want to say.

So this week:
Sunday- played soccer for probably an hour
Monday- ran 2 miles. Middle of the day scorching heat with no trees on the road I ran. NOT easy or pretty.
Tuesday- nothing. worked all day.
Wednesday- nothing. stayed home with sick baby:(
Thursday- ran 3 miles
Friday- nothing.
Saturday- run 1 mile to track. Do intervals of 400m (1/4 mile) sprints 4x. (1mi) Then 1 mile back home.
Sunday- I don't know yet but I'm imagining nothing.

I love running because it gives me time to step away from the hectic-ness of life and there is quiet and just the sound of my breathing and my thoughts. It's when I get to be quiet long enough to hear what Yahweh is saying to me. When I come back I feel like a million bucks and am re-energized and so HAPPY to see my family and take on Motherhood and Household Manager again.

 Fail. No head.

These are all just basically to show you my new shorts I got for $14.98 that are normally $29.99! And you know why? Because they're pink! Supposedly pink and blue were so last season (you know, the exact colors I'm wearing in these photos) and this year Nike's big thing is more purples and yellows. Pish posh. I say bring the pink for 1/2 off! And I love these shorts.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Jessica, you look AMAZING!!! Seriously. I can't believe it. Well, actually I can after reading your workout. You know how you always say you can't believe I do this or that around the house or whatever...I can't believe how dedicated you are to the running and the working out. I am so happy you found something like that that gives your peace, energy, confidence, and not to mention that smokin' bod!

Kari Beth said...

so proud of you!
start back to 2-day work weeks next week so HOPING that i can get on some sort of exercise regimen...
p.s. you should totally start a running blog!