Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ahhh Summer...

Just uploaded (downloaded?) my card onto iPhoto and thought I'd share some pics from it.

First up: the belt trick
I went through a phase where I bought everything huge. I didn't even realize I was doing it until Kevin brought it to my attention. And he NEVER notices things like that so it must have been pretty bad. I gain weight in my midsection so I've never been a form-fitting shirt fan. Buying L's probably wasn't the answer to fix that.

Anyways, here's dress I bought in that phase. I remember the girl at Old Navy saying "that's way too big for you" like a good friend/shopping partner, and I rationalized and alibied myself into getting it in that size anyway. DUMB.

So, now I want to wear it but can't.




Enter the belt!
I would obviously where an undershirt, friends.


Isn't this wonderful? You can do this with maternity tops you loved but are just too big. You can do this with some of your husbands shirts, the possibilities are limitless!
...............................................................

Next up: IT'S HERE!!!!

Charging and getting ready to fulfill her purpose. To beep at me each mile.

Ruby telling a story...


THEN we had a picnic. Sooo yummy and fun but also so many yucky flies.
That's summer!
Ruby had quinoa and marinara sauce and blueberries and me and Kev had quinoa with garlic and her feta cheese, basil, avacados and grape tomatoes. I love fresh summer food!






Then back inside to cool off and have a little story time. The best days are the days Daddy's home!!

p.s. Let's hear it for Ruby's skin tight biking shorts! 

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Loving this post!! So many things that made me smile. First off, yes that dress is way too big for you. You are so smoking hot. You need to be wearing xxs. But the belt thing...so cute.

Second, is it bad that I don't even know what some of those health foods are that you were eating? But it all looked so nice!

And Kevin and Ruby's story time=PRECIOUS!

Kari Beth said...

sweet sweet ruby!

i love how ruby will actually sit still long enough to listen to a story. elle...never ever!!!!!

and, the belt trick...my favorite among favorites. have yet to try the husband's shirt with a belt. don't think that would work for me! i would look swallowed up by a shirt!

jessica kiehn said...

Leslie don't be too impressed! Rebekah Wood showed me quinoa! And now Walmart sells it woot woo! It's a grain, a lot like cous cous..KIND of like rice but tiny little balls and much lighter. It's great! Super fast and easy to make!

Leslie said...

Oh yeah, cous cous... Yeah I totally know what that is. We eat that ALL the time.

Sheryl said...

Ahhh Leslie! I miss you! I need to see you and that new little bundle of joy of yours!

Jessica....that dress is way too big. But you look amazing in anything you wear, however you wear it!

I love the picture of Ruby in her high chair where you say she's telling a story. Notice her curled toes....!! Love it!....and you 3:):):)

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ahhh Summer...

Just uploaded (downloaded?) my card onto iPhoto and thought I'd share some pics from it.

First up: the belt trick
I went through a phase where I bought everything huge. I didn't even realize I was doing it until Kevin brought it to my attention. And he NEVER notices things like that so it must have been pretty bad. I gain weight in my midsection so I've never been a form-fitting shirt fan. Buying L's probably wasn't the answer to fix that.

Anyways, here's dress I bought in that phase. I remember the girl at Old Navy saying "that's way too big for you" like a good friend/shopping partner, and I rationalized and alibied myself into getting it in that size anyway. DUMB.

So, now I want to wear it but can't.




Enter the belt!
I would obviously where an undershirt, friends.


Isn't this wonderful? You can do this with maternity tops you loved but are just too big. You can do this with some of your husbands shirts, the possibilities are limitless!
...............................................................

Next up: IT'S HERE!!!!

Charging and getting ready to fulfill her purpose. To beep at me each mile.

Ruby telling a story...


THEN we had a picnic. Sooo yummy and fun but also so many yucky flies.
That's summer!
Ruby had quinoa and marinara sauce and blueberries and me and Kev had quinoa with garlic and her feta cheese, basil, avacados and grape tomatoes. I love fresh summer food!






Then back inside to cool off and have a little story time. The best days are the days Daddy's home!!

p.s. Let's hear it for Ruby's skin tight biking shorts! 

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Loving this post!! So many things that made me smile. First off, yes that dress is way too big for you. You are so smoking hot. You need to be wearing xxs. But the belt thing...so cute.

Second, is it bad that I don't even know what some of those health foods are that you were eating? But it all looked so nice!

And Kevin and Ruby's story time=PRECIOUS!

Kari Beth said...

sweet sweet ruby!

i love how ruby will actually sit still long enough to listen to a story. elle...never ever!!!!!

and, the belt trick...my favorite among favorites. have yet to try the husband's shirt with a belt. don't think that would work for me! i would look swallowed up by a shirt!

jessica kiehn said...

Leslie don't be too impressed! Rebekah Wood showed me quinoa! And now Walmart sells it woot woo! It's a grain, a lot like cous cous..KIND of like rice but tiny little balls and much lighter. It's great! Super fast and easy to make!

Leslie said...

Oh yeah, cous cous... Yeah I totally know what that is. We eat that ALL the time.

Sheryl said...

Ahhh Leslie! I miss you! I need to see you and that new little bundle of joy of yours!

Jessica....that dress is way too big. But you look amazing in anything you wear, however you wear it!

I love the picture of Ruby in her high chair where you say she's telling a story. Notice her curled toes....!! Love it!....and you 3:):):)