Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gold Rush 5K

This race was on Friday night and it was sooo much harder than I expected!
By the end of the week after working part time, and running after a very active toddler...I am always exhausted. My runner friend Jessi said to not drink any caffeine because caffeine is a diuretic. That may have been a mistake. Not even my first mile into it, as the sun was QUITE warm and beaming right in our face the first mile I literally thought "I need to stop and walk". THE FIRST MILE! It was really rough.

I like morning races better because you feel smaller and lighter first thing in the morning. The whole 5K yesterday I could taste the food I had eaten all day coming back up! Hey, at least I didn't pee my pants. Probably because I just wasn't pushing myself as hard as I possibly could. Which is a bummer. But we all have good races and bad ones. The point is to just keep going!

For those of you wondering if I look awesome when I'm running? NOPE! Haha this is the only pic my friend Sarah got and I look like a mental patient.


In my defense, it was the very end coming through the finish line and I was just done. But trying to run HARD. That equals looking like so. I was so happy because towards the finish line I heard all these people yelling my name and screaming for ME! I had to double check like "wait a second...is my dream coming true?!" And sure enough, a bunch of our friends had come and my Mom was even there and all sorts of loved ones. It was the greatest thing ever to run to the finish line to. By the way my time was 31:32.

Here's my man! Who spanked his last time of 26:30 with last night's time of 24:03! People usually increase by like...seconds. He ran hard and it paid off. HE GOT A MEDAL! I squealed with excitement and ran over and hugged him when the announced his name. 2nd place in his age division. I'm soo proud of him!

Silly pose, but it's the best I got of him and the medal.

Ruby had her first taste of ice cream last night and she. was. in. heaven.
She also had a sugary fruit bar, and some funnel cake. Not my proudest Mommy moment, but hey, it was Friday night for Pete's sake!

Yes, Daddy, you can have some but not too much and bring it back to me quickly, please.


Can you believe how old our little baby Ruby is getting? It's just amazing...
 
So, like I said. I didn't run well at all. But my man did, and my daughter had fun, and those two things make me VERY happy. Beautiful weather, family and friends...my kind of night!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am CRACKING up!!! Hilarious!! First off, I can just picture you running through the finish line with the crowd chanting your name. Then you go to slow mo with your arms in the air.

And even though this wasn't meant to be funny, I love when it said "in his age division" about K's medal. Like he was 8 or something!!

But on a serious note, Kevin, way to go on the time. That is amazing. And Jessica, I am seriously so proud of you. You are doing such an awesome job!!

Just a few more things, then I will close my novel...

Yes, it seems like a race at night would be SO much harder and I had a mental "ahhhhh" when you called Ruby a toddler. She is getting so big, so fast!!

humblelearning said...

"Yuby!", "Ca!" - Naftalie

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gold Rush 5K

This race was on Friday night and it was sooo much harder than I expected!
By the end of the week after working part time, and running after a very active toddler...I am always exhausted. My runner friend Jessi said to not drink any caffeine because caffeine is a diuretic. That may have been a mistake. Not even my first mile into it, as the sun was QUITE warm and beaming right in our face the first mile I literally thought "I need to stop and walk". THE FIRST MILE! It was really rough.

I like morning races better because you feel smaller and lighter first thing in the morning. The whole 5K yesterday I could taste the food I had eaten all day coming back up! Hey, at least I didn't pee my pants. Probably because I just wasn't pushing myself as hard as I possibly could. Which is a bummer. But we all have good races and bad ones. The point is to just keep going!

For those of you wondering if I look awesome when I'm running? NOPE! Haha this is the only pic my friend Sarah got and I look like a mental patient.


In my defense, it was the very end coming through the finish line and I was just done. But trying to run HARD. That equals looking like so. I was so happy because towards the finish line I heard all these people yelling my name and screaming for ME! I had to double check like "wait a second...is my dream coming true?!" And sure enough, a bunch of our friends had come and my Mom was even there and all sorts of loved ones. It was the greatest thing ever to run to the finish line to. By the way my time was 31:32.

Here's my man! Who spanked his last time of 26:30 with last night's time of 24:03! People usually increase by like...seconds. He ran hard and it paid off. HE GOT A MEDAL! I squealed with excitement and ran over and hugged him when the announced his name. 2nd place in his age division. I'm soo proud of him!

Silly pose, but it's the best I got of him and the medal.

Ruby had her first taste of ice cream last night and she. was. in. heaven.
She also had a sugary fruit bar, and some funnel cake. Not my proudest Mommy moment, but hey, it was Friday night for Pete's sake!

Yes, Daddy, you can have some but not too much and bring it back to me quickly, please.


Can you believe how old our little baby Ruby is getting? It's just amazing...
 
So, like I said. I didn't run well at all. But my man did, and my daughter had fun, and those two things make me VERY happy. Beautiful weather, family and friends...my kind of night!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am CRACKING up!!! Hilarious!! First off, I can just picture you running through the finish line with the crowd chanting your name. Then you go to slow mo with your arms in the air.

And even though this wasn't meant to be funny, I love when it said "in his age division" about K's medal. Like he was 8 or something!!

But on a serious note, Kevin, way to go on the time. That is amazing. And Jessica, I am seriously so proud of you. You are doing such an awesome job!!

Just a few more things, then I will close my novel...

Yes, it seems like a race at night would be SO much harder and I had a mental "ahhhhh" when you called Ruby a toddler. She is getting so big, so fast!!

humblelearning said...

"Yuby!", "Ca!" - Naftalie