Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh Dear

Well, we got the sectional.
It's a catastrophe.

We had 2 options:

1. Buy a higher-quality, expensive one for $1,000 (ouch) and not get it for 5-7 weeks

2. Buy a not-as-nice-but-will-do one for $500 and get it the next day.

We chose option number 2 and are kicking ourselves.

First off, it quite obviously doesn't match. It comes in 2 pieces, and to save money we picked it up and loaded it and moved it ourselves. We finally got it in the room, took off the tarps, and realized they were two different colors. Lovely.
This particular couch is discontinued and they only have one piece left at the store, so hopefully it's the matching piece, the one we need. (The color on the left is the one we want)

Then today, Kev sat down on the couch (plopped, more like it, but certainly not very hard) and we hear a crack. The frame broke from him sitting on it. So now the couch dips in one spot and squeaks when you move on it. And the receipt of the couch says "clearance/discontinued items as is/no returns". And this is the side of the couch that was correct and that we're keeping.




I could very easily freak out right now.
I wish this all would have panned out a little simpler.
I think I am just tired. I was like deliriously laughing/crying when it broke because I'd had enough of the whole couch thing.

So, with the cleaning product warranty thing we paid a total of $620 something for a piece of crap.
That is so much money. And so much crap.

The Lesson Here Folks:
Being patient and investing in quality always always pays off.

Which is weird because we knew this already. I didn't think the quality difference was really that much.
I just wish I could take it back to the store and have our sweet little ole faithful couch back!

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

seriously? they won't return it?

jessica kiehn said...

no, they will. they had better! it's just with the snow storm and everything there's nothing that really can be done about it till it's over. it'll all work out, I was just venting! :)

Leslie Shelton said...

I was going to ask the same question as Sheryl. Glad to hear they will take care of you. Otherwise, I just may have to come down there and make it happy for you! :) Really nicely and respectfully, but I could make it happen!

James and Elizabeth said...

that is the EXACT same sectional we had!!! Ours was chocolate brown an we loved it (I'm saying this now after I went off and sold it). We bought ours from brashears in fay. I'm so surprised at how cheap you got it we paid over 1000 for it an had the color custom made from the maker. The thing I hated about it is that the cushions went flat. Ours was so sturdy and amazing so I hate hearing yalls broke! Klaussner is such a great brand for couches!

Kari Beth said...

bless your heart jessica! i'm so sorry the couch didn't turn out like you had hoped. oh well, its just a couch and money is just money! i know once you get it right and you get decor up on the walls and everything how you want it you will love it!

and fyi, it doesn't look like a VIP lounge area. :)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh Dear

Well, we got the sectional.
It's a catastrophe.

We had 2 options:

1. Buy a higher-quality, expensive one for $1,000 (ouch) and not get it for 5-7 weeks

2. Buy a not-as-nice-but-will-do one for $500 and get it the next day.

We chose option number 2 and are kicking ourselves.

First off, it quite obviously doesn't match. It comes in 2 pieces, and to save money we picked it up and loaded it and moved it ourselves. We finally got it in the room, took off the tarps, and realized they were two different colors. Lovely.
This particular couch is discontinued and they only have one piece left at the store, so hopefully it's the matching piece, the one we need. (The color on the left is the one we want)

Then today, Kev sat down on the couch (plopped, more like it, but certainly not very hard) and we hear a crack. The frame broke from him sitting on it. So now the couch dips in one spot and squeaks when you move on it. And the receipt of the couch says "clearance/discontinued items as is/no returns". And this is the side of the couch that was correct and that we're keeping.




I could very easily freak out right now.
I wish this all would have panned out a little simpler.
I think I am just tired. I was like deliriously laughing/crying when it broke because I'd had enough of the whole couch thing.

So, with the cleaning product warranty thing we paid a total of $620 something for a piece of crap.
That is so much money. And so much crap.

The Lesson Here Folks:
Being patient and investing in quality always always pays off.

Which is weird because we knew this already. I didn't think the quality difference was really that much.
I just wish I could take it back to the store and have our sweet little ole faithful couch back!

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

seriously? they won't return it?

jessica kiehn said...

no, they will. they had better! it's just with the snow storm and everything there's nothing that really can be done about it till it's over. it'll all work out, I was just venting! :)

Leslie Shelton said...

I was going to ask the same question as Sheryl. Glad to hear they will take care of you. Otherwise, I just may have to come down there and make it happy for you! :) Really nicely and respectfully, but I could make it happen!

James and Elizabeth said...

that is the EXACT same sectional we had!!! Ours was chocolate brown an we loved it (I'm saying this now after I went off and sold it). We bought ours from brashears in fay. I'm so surprised at how cheap you got it we paid over 1000 for it an had the color custom made from the maker. The thing I hated about it is that the cushions went flat. Ours was so sturdy and amazing so I hate hearing yalls broke! Klaussner is such a great brand for couches!

Kari Beth said...

bless your heart jessica! i'm so sorry the couch didn't turn out like you had hoped. oh well, its just a couch and money is just money! i know once you get it right and you get decor up on the walls and everything how you want it you will love it!

and fyi, it doesn't look like a VIP lounge area. :)