Thursday, February 17, 2011

Momma's Thoughts

I am currently really wanting chickens for the backyard. Like, two of them and that's all! Kevin says no. But I am not at all giving up hope. A lot of times your husband says no and he means not now.

I have a big blank wall going on in my house with unmatching couches still and it bugs me on an almost daily basis. But the shelving for that blank spot is so pricey...so it lessens the need to fill the spot so quickly.

I have started running again and I feel amazing. There are certainly pros and cons. Pros being quite obvious, cons being that it kind of stinks in the mornings I have to choose to either get make up on and get dressed (which equals no exercise) or stay kinda grungy (and I will exercise) so I'm healthier but yuckier smelling/looking. You'd think the running and working out would give me cause to eat healthier but I'm telling you...sugar is a drug habit that I am trying so hard to quit. And I'm not quite there yet but I'm closer than I was before.

Roobster and I went to Hobby Lobby the other day to get some little decorations for her 1st birthday party. I couldn't believe I was there doing that.

Kevin has been working SO much lately and is gone so much. He works so early in the morning at UPS, then at church all day long, and then usually has some sort of practice, meeting, or lesson in the evenings. Big bummer. There's been several days he just doesn't see Ruby at all. Not ok when you work in town. But I know there's a middle ground to it all, there's a response and a position that I need to take, and I'm pressing into Holy Spirit for the answer.

I found a hair in my ice cream tonight (again...sugar addiction. Reese's PB cup homemade ice cream. Just me, the spoon, and the tub...BAD) and of course I wanted to keep eating but I didn't want to get up to throw it away. So I looked at the strand of hair with cream all over it, looked around, and at my feet was Clarence. I tossed it into his fluffy white hair and a big smile came over my face. A smile of appreciation for that little stinker. Any dog who is there for you like that, to hide your hairy ice cream in his fur for you and not complain...is a dog worth keeping.

We've started rocking/nursing Ruby just a short little bit and then just kissing her and saying goodnight and laying her down and she falls asleep in there on her own. It's wonderful! She cries for a few minutes but that's it, and then she's out. So sweet. I love when things just fall into place and work.

We might actually get money back from our taxes this year! I cannot believe it. We have always always had to pay in...and a lot. But because I only worked half of the year this year and because we had a baby we will probably get money back! Hallelujah! I will now have a baby every year, thanks to this perk.

Goodnight. I get to shower and shave now.

No comments:

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Momma's Thoughts

I am currently really wanting chickens for the backyard. Like, two of them and that's all! Kevin says no. But I am not at all giving up hope. A lot of times your husband says no and he means not now.

I have a big blank wall going on in my house with unmatching couches still and it bugs me on an almost daily basis. But the shelving for that blank spot is so pricey...so it lessens the need to fill the spot so quickly.

I have started running again and I feel amazing. There are certainly pros and cons. Pros being quite obvious, cons being that it kind of stinks in the mornings I have to choose to either get make up on and get dressed (which equals no exercise) or stay kinda grungy (and I will exercise) so I'm healthier but yuckier smelling/looking. You'd think the running and working out would give me cause to eat healthier but I'm telling you...sugar is a drug habit that I am trying so hard to quit. And I'm not quite there yet but I'm closer than I was before.

Roobster and I went to Hobby Lobby the other day to get some little decorations for her 1st birthday party. I couldn't believe I was there doing that.

Kevin has been working SO much lately and is gone so much. He works so early in the morning at UPS, then at church all day long, and then usually has some sort of practice, meeting, or lesson in the evenings. Big bummer. There's been several days he just doesn't see Ruby at all. Not ok when you work in town. But I know there's a middle ground to it all, there's a response and a position that I need to take, and I'm pressing into Holy Spirit for the answer.

I found a hair in my ice cream tonight (again...sugar addiction. Reese's PB cup homemade ice cream. Just me, the spoon, and the tub...BAD) and of course I wanted to keep eating but I didn't want to get up to throw it away. So I looked at the strand of hair with cream all over it, looked around, and at my feet was Clarence. I tossed it into his fluffy white hair and a big smile came over my face. A smile of appreciation for that little stinker. Any dog who is there for you like that, to hide your hairy ice cream in his fur for you and not complain...is a dog worth keeping.

We've started rocking/nursing Ruby just a short little bit and then just kissing her and saying goodnight and laying her down and she falls asleep in there on her own. It's wonderful! She cries for a few minutes but that's it, and then she's out. So sweet. I love when things just fall into place and work.

We might actually get money back from our taxes this year! I cannot believe it. We have always always had to pay in...and a lot. But because I only worked half of the year this year and because we had a baby we will probably get money back! Hallelujah! I will now have a baby every year, thanks to this perk.

Goodnight. I get to shower and shave now.

No comments: