Thursday, February 10, 2011

Haircuts and Bathtime

As you can see from the last post...I chose to take my blog off the internet to where others can read it. I have just been convicted to keep this as a scrapbook for our family only, and not try to entertain others with it. Because then it becomes a distraction from my family, my job as a wife and a mom, because I am so into entertaining all these people, at the expense of my family. Once I found myself bringing my camera to things so I could get good pictures that would have a good story to tell everyone else on my blog...I knew it was time to pull the plug. I'm not doing this for them. I'm doing it for us, our little Kiehn family.  So we can all look back at these books together and laugh and cry, for generations.

So on with the family book! Here's our recent updates:

Our little Jamesie had her FIRST HAIRCUT! A little trim of her bangs and long random pieces to clean her up. She sat still and looks even more beautiful than ever.



The other night we went to the High's house and we threw the girls in the tub together. So stinkin cute! Ruby was squealing and screaming with delight. And Elle was cool as a cucumber, as usual.




I love babies, period. But babies in a tub just makes it ten times better.

 Ruby is growing and changing so much. Just today I noticed that she's choosing to walk more than she has since she started walking.
She very purposefully disobeyed me the other night at dinner and when I swatted her hand - she laughed. Sooooo sad! She is 11 months old. Let's just say I nipped that in the bud. We will not have a brat on our hands. And she is the farthest thing from that. I think 9 times out of 10 parents create a brat. So we just won't!

Stinker moment or not...she is still the funniest, sweetest, most kiss-giving baby girl around and I can't believe she's mine. I'm putting her 1st birthday details in my head and on scraps of paper and can't believe we're here already. Amazing.

No comments:

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Haircuts and Bathtime

As you can see from the last post...I chose to take my blog off the internet to where others can read it. I have just been convicted to keep this as a scrapbook for our family only, and not try to entertain others with it. Because then it becomes a distraction from my family, my job as a wife and a mom, because I am so into entertaining all these people, at the expense of my family. Once I found myself bringing my camera to things so I could get good pictures that would have a good story to tell everyone else on my blog...I knew it was time to pull the plug. I'm not doing this for them. I'm doing it for us, our little Kiehn family.  So we can all look back at these books together and laugh and cry, for generations.

So on with the family book! Here's our recent updates:

Our little Jamesie had her FIRST HAIRCUT! A little trim of her bangs and long random pieces to clean her up. She sat still and looks even more beautiful than ever.



The other night we went to the High's house and we threw the girls in the tub together. So stinkin cute! Ruby was squealing and screaming with delight. And Elle was cool as a cucumber, as usual.




I love babies, period. But babies in a tub just makes it ten times better.

 Ruby is growing and changing so much. Just today I noticed that she's choosing to walk more than she has since she started walking.
She very purposefully disobeyed me the other night at dinner and when I swatted her hand - she laughed. Sooooo sad! She is 11 months old. Let's just say I nipped that in the bud. We will not have a brat on our hands. And she is the farthest thing from that. I think 9 times out of 10 parents create a brat. So we just won't!

Stinker moment or not...she is still the funniest, sweetest, most kiss-giving baby girl around and I can't believe she's mine. I'm putting her 1st birthday details in my head and on scraps of paper and can't believe we're here already. Amazing.

No comments: