Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday

Today has been a great day.
Our friends, Stephanie and Sarah, brought me and Ruby lunch from Chik-fil-a and our friends Becca and her baby Luca got to come too! They all came at Ruby's nap time and she was asleep for probably 15 minutes when she heard us eating and having a gay old time. She woke up and realized "I am missing out on awesomeness. This isn't the time to sleep!" 

So she cried until I went and got her so she could party with the rest of us. She was smiling from ear to ear when she came out and saw all the girls, and of course, was a ham for our guests.

Then, we went to Target and got to spend a little Christmas money for Ruby girl. Grandpa Kiehn sent us Christmas money (which, unfortunately most all Christmas money went to replacing stolen items. JERKS!!) but he specifically wrote in a note "$50 of this is for Ruby...I don't care what you do with the rest of it." Haha! Be forced to spend money on darling Ruby things? GLADLY!

She is getting so big and smart, it's insane. I can't believe my baby! Today the battery fell out of the back of the TV remote and normally baby Ruby would flap her arms at it and/or put it straight in her mouth, but today she picked it up and tried putting it back in it's place in the back of the remote! I couldn't believe it. Her little brain is getting smarter and smarter. The whole time in Target she kept trying to stand in the sit-down area of the cart. I had to keep sitting her down and saying "no, Ruby." It's crazy! She used to just lay there. In her carrier. And look at the lights. She's so big!

I'm half sad, yes. But as of lately I've been so appreciative and excited about her changing, growing, and evolving. It's SO cool to see all the stages. I love motherhood!

3 comments:

Jenny Galloway said...

I love motherhood and growing babies!

Side bar : I also love those poofy things hanging above Ruby's crib! So darling!

Kari Beth said...

Growing so fast and becoming so curious. They are so much fun right now. Something new funny and sweet every single day. We need to get the curious georges together SOON!!!!!!!

Elle does the same thing at target! It can be so frustrating and I'm so scared shes going to flip out of the carts. I've been just letting her stand in the back.

annie farrar said...

They grow way too fast! Makes me sad, but it's also so rewarding to watch them make new discoveries. Truly a miracle to watch them grow. Enjoy little Ruby!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday

Today has been a great day.
Our friends, Stephanie and Sarah, brought me and Ruby lunch from Chik-fil-a and our friends Becca and her baby Luca got to come too! They all came at Ruby's nap time and she was asleep for probably 15 minutes when she heard us eating and having a gay old time. She woke up and realized "I am missing out on awesomeness. This isn't the time to sleep!" 

So she cried until I went and got her so she could party with the rest of us. She was smiling from ear to ear when she came out and saw all the girls, and of course, was a ham for our guests.

Then, we went to Target and got to spend a little Christmas money for Ruby girl. Grandpa Kiehn sent us Christmas money (which, unfortunately most all Christmas money went to replacing stolen items. JERKS!!) but he specifically wrote in a note "$50 of this is for Ruby...I don't care what you do with the rest of it." Haha! Be forced to spend money on darling Ruby things? GLADLY!

She is getting so big and smart, it's insane. I can't believe my baby! Today the battery fell out of the back of the TV remote and normally baby Ruby would flap her arms at it and/or put it straight in her mouth, but today she picked it up and tried putting it back in it's place in the back of the remote! I couldn't believe it. Her little brain is getting smarter and smarter. The whole time in Target she kept trying to stand in the sit-down area of the cart. I had to keep sitting her down and saying "no, Ruby." It's crazy! She used to just lay there. In her carrier. And look at the lights. She's so big!

I'm half sad, yes. But as of lately I've been so appreciative and excited about her changing, growing, and evolving. It's SO cool to see all the stages. I love motherhood!

3 comments:

Jenny Galloway said...

I love motherhood and growing babies!

Side bar : I also love those poofy things hanging above Ruby's crib! So darling!

Kari Beth said...

Growing so fast and becoming so curious. They are so much fun right now. Something new funny and sweet every single day. We need to get the curious georges together SOON!!!!!!!

Elle does the same thing at target! It can be so frustrating and I'm so scared shes going to flip out of the carts. I've been just letting her stand in the back.

annie farrar said...

They grow way too fast! Makes me sad, but it's also so rewarding to watch them make new discoveries. Truly a miracle to watch them grow. Enjoy little Ruby!