Sunday, January 9, 2011

This and That

*When I was in 5th grade, my friend Stephanie Duncan and I started a business called "This and That". We made personalized name tags and things like that. That just reminded me of that. Years and years later, I'm still using that awesome phrase. I guess my brain likes it, to keep it and reuse it.

I have nothing much to say, but will write some of the happenings around here/thoughts in my head.

Tonight a magical thing happened...I folded a load of laundry and every sock had a matching pair. There were none left over. It was wonderful!

We went to lunch with our friends that have twin boys Ruby's age. Ruby threw up (she hasn't been feeling well to begin with and then choked on a green bean...so sad) Anyways it was A LOT of throw up and like went down into her boots and down her tights and dress and everything. So the momma of the boys lent us a pair of boy dinosaur + monkey pajamas they had with them and it was HILARIOUS to see Ruby as a boy. Wish I got a picture. We called her Rueben for the afternoon.

I bought almond butter tonight because I've heard nothing but good about it. It's not that great, I don't see why everyone loves it so much. And it's expensive!

It's snowing here and I'm worried about Sammy. (Remember, the cat I was torn about taking care of last year in January? Still feeding/caring for her)

We discovered that the robbers also took a laundry basket of ours. We used to have 3 that we very much utilized and now we only have two. We think they took it to put all the stuff in. This is not a store where you grab a basket and take what you like, p.s.

Ruby is getting a top left tooth.

I want a sectional couch so bad because we literally don't have some people over sometimes because we don't have enough seating for the after dinner hang out and talk. And that stinks! Our options are:
1) All four people sit on the one couch together like a team on a bench
2) Let our guests sit on the couch while we sit on the hardwood floor for 2-4 hours. Unfun.
 Anyone out there have a sectional? What are your thoughts?

We started using Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap in Peppermint and it's one of my favorite purchases, period. Every shower is like a tingly, refreshing pat on the back. Or whatever you wash with it. And we've had it for a month and together have used about 1/4 of it. I love that.

Speaking of showers, oh my soul. Do you guys have one of these?
It is, hands down, the best $2 you'll ever spend. Our drain used to get clogged all the time (you really don't realize how much hair you lose) and we got this and...oh! It's wonderful! Get one!

I want to paint our bedroom the same color as the living room, but we'll get there eventually.

That is all that is running through my head. Well, certainly not all, but you know what I mean.
Have a good night :)

6 comments:

Becca said...

first off, Allison told me about the throw up incident....how is Rubes feeling? or should i say "Rueben" hahahah

secondly, where can one purchase the soap you mentioned? it sounds fabulous!

lastly, didnt you JUST paint your bedroom like, a year or less ago? haha i must say, you are one fickle female with paint! :)

James and Elizabeth said...

We used to have an awesome sectional! It as a dark brown micro suede. We just sold it for the same reason u want one! No one wanted to sit on the sectional together it's decieving how little space there is. We are just going to get one couch, a club chair, and 2 parsons chairs.

Kari Beth said...

This made me laugh! So random!!

Have you made it back to brashear's yet to look at their sectionals!

And, I also find huge satisfaction from making mates for all my socks when I fold a load :-)

Amanda Curtis said...

We got this one http://www.roomstogo.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=showItem&ipac_id=10825 on Craigslist. We love it! Because of the chaise style, it makes it more comfortable for everyone to sit. Plus comfortable for Matt and I (and Oliver) to lay and watch movies at night. Our last game night we had 6 people sitting comfortably. Plus with more floor space you could easily add a chair.

I hope little Ruby is feeling better!!

Amanda Curtis said...

I forgot to say also that my parents have been using that soap for years! My dad is a big reader of sales and marketing books and first learned about it in "Purple Cow" they love it, and I love anything mint. Mmm!

annie farrar said...

Hillarous about the boy pj's! That would have been a sight! Where did you get the soap? It sounds heavenly!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

This and That

*When I was in 5th grade, my friend Stephanie Duncan and I started a business called "This and That". We made personalized name tags and things like that. That just reminded me of that. Years and years later, I'm still using that awesome phrase. I guess my brain likes it, to keep it and reuse it.

I have nothing much to say, but will write some of the happenings around here/thoughts in my head.

Tonight a magical thing happened...I folded a load of laundry and every sock had a matching pair. There were none left over. It was wonderful!

We went to lunch with our friends that have twin boys Ruby's age. Ruby threw up (she hasn't been feeling well to begin with and then choked on a green bean...so sad) Anyways it was A LOT of throw up and like went down into her boots and down her tights and dress and everything. So the momma of the boys lent us a pair of boy dinosaur + monkey pajamas they had with them and it was HILARIOUS to see Ruby as a boy. Wish I got a picture. We called her Rueben for the afternoon.

I bought almond butter tonight because I've heard nothing but good about it. It's not that great, I don't see why everyone loves it so much. And it's expensive!

It's snowing here and I'm worried about Sammy. (Remember, the cat I was torn about taking care of last year in January? Still feeding/caring for her)

We discovered that the robbers also took a laundry basket of ours. We used to have 3 that we very much utilized and now we only have two. We think they took it to put all the stuff in. This is not a store where you grab a basket and take what you like, p.s.

Ruby is getting a top left tooth.

I want a sectional couch so bad because we literally don't have some people over sometimes because we don't have enough seating for the after dinner hang out and talk. And that stinks! Our options are:
1) All four people sit on the one couch together like a team on a bench
2) Let our guests sit on the couch while we sit on the hardwood floor for 2-4 hours. Unfun.
 Anyone out there have a sectional? What are your thoughts?

We started using Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap in Peppermint and it's one of my favorite purchases, period. Every shower is like a tingly, refreshing pat on the back. Or whatever you wash with it. And we've had it for a month and together have used about 1/4 of it. I love that.

Speaking of showers, oh my soul. Do you guys have one of these?
It is, hands down, the best $2 you'll ever spend. Our drain used to get clogged all the time (you really don't realize how much hair you lose) and we got this and...oh! It's wonderful! Get one!

I want to paint our bedroom the same color as the living room, but we'll get there eventually.

That is all that is running through my head. Well, certainly not all, but you know what I mean.
Have a good night :)

6 comments:

Becca said...

first off, Allison told me about the throw up incident....how is Rubes feeling? or should i say "Rueben" hahahah

secondly, where can one purchase the soap you mentioned? it sounds fabulous!

lastly, didnt you JUST paint your bedroom like, a year or less ago? haha i must say, you are one fickle female with paint! :)

James and Elizabeth said...

We used to have an awesome sectional! It as a dark brown micro suede. We just sold it for the same reason u want one! No one wanted to sit on the sectional together it's decieving how little space there is. We are just going to get one couch, a club chair, and 2 parsons chairs.

Kari Beth said...

This made me laugh! So random!!

Have you made it back to brashear's yet to look at their sectionals!

And, I also find huge satisfaction from making mates for all my socks when I fold a load :-)

Amanda Curtis said...

We got this one http://www.roomstogo.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=showItem&ipac_id=10825 on Craigslist. We love it! Because of the chaise style, it makes it more comfortable for everyone to sit. Plus comfortable for Matt and I (and Oliver) to lay and watch movies at night. Our last game night we had 6 people sitting comfortably. Plus with more floor space you could easily add a chair.

I hope little Ruby is feeling better!!

Amanda Curtis said...

I forgot to say also that my parents have been using that soap for years! My dad is a big reader of sales and marketing books and first learned about it in "Purple Cow" they love it, and I love anything mint. Mmm!

annie farrar said...

Hillarous about the boy pj's! That would have been a sight! Where did you get the soap? It sounds heavenly!