Wednesday, January 19, 2011

No Cute Ruby, Just Boring Me

Congratulations to my friend Leslie, who is pregnant with Baby #3 and just found out it's another BOY! Three boys, how darling. I'm so excited for them and their used-to-be-but-not-so-much-anymore little family.

So I am starting to watch my caloric intake (obviously adding the 600 calories to my daily number due to nursing...hallelujah) and going to do the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I've heard a lot of good about it. I've never done home workout videos, I personally think they suck. Standing in one place, staring at a screen and doing what they do...that's a workout? I want to get outside and RUN!
But I can't.
It's so cold out.
And Ruby hates her jogging stroller and it's hard to run pushing a clunky extra 26 lbs.
And I really don't feel safe in my neighborhood anymore, to be honest.
So I'm limited to this, but it seems legit. I mean, it's certainly going to burn more calories than what I do now, which is nothing.


................................................................................................................................................................................

The sweetest thing happened in the middle of the night last night. I was laying in bed and across the house (and in the monitor) I heard Ruby wake up and start crying. I was exhausted and thought "Oh no sweetie, not now, please. Please soothe yourself back to sleep". And she didn't. So in my half asleep half awake stupor I started shhhhing and whispering It's ok baby, shhhhh from my pillow. And she started calming and calming and slooowllly drifting back off to sleep. It was the coolest, sweetest picture of the bond between baby and momma. From across the house.

I just realized I told Leslie if it's a boy I'm taking her to Chik-fil-a breakfast and if it's a girl I'm throwing her a shower. So tomorrow is Chik-fil-a. HOW THE HECK DO YOU COUNT YOUR CALORIES AT CHIK-FIL-A?? What have I done?!
.....................................................................................................................................................................

It's January. The time of year that I am most torn. You see being pale is hideous and unattractive. But tanning beds literally sicken me.
If I had my own I'd be more ok with it. They even have like "healthy" tanning beds to help you get lots of Vitamin D and everything.

So here's my disgust with tanning beds:
Think of your greatest enemy. Or someone you find repulsive.
( I know this might be wrong, but just go with it for the sake of my theory)
A feminine male? A terrible mean mom? An obese, oily, smoker?
Now imagine them laying in the exact same tanning bed that you are about to enter, laying there naked and sweating RIGHT where you are about to lay your naked body.

SICK!!!

So....there's my dilema. Remember last year my dilema with spray tanning and that lady got on to me about not caring about my baby and only about my looks? Haha! Oh geez.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Pardon the rather pointless post. I wanted to post but this is all I had to say. At least I copied Meg and broke it up with pretty colored dotted lines this time:)

6 comments:

annie farrar said...

GIRL! I'm in the SAME predicament! I told myself that I was not goint to TAN in the TANNING BED anymore but htis lilly white-ness is killing me AND LANCE! He keeps saying "boo, I'll buy you some visits to the tanning bed if you'll go..." But I just feel like I'm seriously damaging my skin. So, for now I'm using Jergens Natural Glow (acutally Target brand) and it takes the edge off. I'ts no tan, but I'm not so stark white!

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SHRED! Jillian is hard core! Keep us updated with how its going!

Molly Carman said...

Here you go: http://www.chick-fil-a.com/#nutritiondata

Give Rubes a kiss for me please!

James and Elizabeth said...

30 day shred freakin rocks. It sucks because it's so hard but it's worth it. After the 3rd day it gets better!

Kari Beth said...

I love your random posts! They crack me up!

I tried to do The Shred after I had E and it really does work. I did it 3 days in a row and was so sore forever!!!

Larsen Family said...

Maybe you should do a fast from tanning. I never tan (and really can't even if I tried :() But, I am ok with it. God made you the way you are and if your skin gets white in the winter, it's ok. I'm just sayin'. :)

jessica kiehn said...

that's the thing...i DON'T tan! I can't fast from it, because I don't do it. I just sit all winter looking at my white skin WISHING i was tan. you see? :)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

No Cute Ruby, Just Boring Me

Congratulations to my friend Leslie, who is pregnant with Baby #3 and just found out it's another BOY! Three boys, how darling. I'm so excited for them and their used-to-be-but-not-so-much-anymore little family.

So I am starting to watch my caloric intake (obviously adding the 600 calories to my daily number due to nursing...hallelujah) and going to do the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I've heard a lot of good about it. I've never done home workout videos, I personally think they suck. Standing in one place, staring at a screen and doing what they do...that's a workout? I want to get outside and RUN!
But I can't.
It's so cold out.
And Ruby hates her jogging stroller and it's hard to run pushing a clunky extra 26 lbs.
And I really don't feel safe in my neighborhood anymore, to be honest.
So I'm limited to this, but it seems legit. I mean, it's certainly going to burn more calories than what I do now, which is nothing.


................................................................................................................................................................................

The sweetest thing happened in the middle of the night last night. I was laying in bed and across the house (and in the monitor) I heard Ruby wake up and start crying. I was exhausted and thought "Oh no sweetie, not now, please. Please soothe yourself back to sleep". And she didn't. So in my half asleep half awake stupor I started shhhhing and whispering It's ok baby, shhhhh from my pillow. And she started calming and calming and slooowllly drifting back off to sleep. It was the coolest, sweetest picture of the bond between baby and momma. From across the house.

I just realized I told Leslie if it's a boy I'm taking her to Chik-fil-a breakfast and if it's a girl I'm throwing her a shower. So tomorrow is Chik-fil-a. HOW THE HECK DO YOU COUNT YOUR CALORIES AT CHIK-FIL-A?? What have I done?!
.....................................................................................................................................................................

It's January. The time of year that I am most torn. You see being pale is hideous and unattractive. But tanning beds literally sicken me.
If I had my own I'd be more ok with it. They even have like "healthy" tanning beds to help you get lots of Vitamin D and everything.

So here's my disgust with tanning beds:
Think of your greatest enemy. Or someone you find repulsive.
( I know this might be wrong, but just go with it for the sake of my theory)
A feminine male? A terrible mean mom? An obese, oily, smoker?
Now imagine them laying in the exact same tanning bed that you are about to enter, laying there naked and sweating RIGHT where you are about to lay your naked body.

SICK!!!

So....there's my dilema. Remember last year my dilema with spray tanning and that lady got on to me about not caring about my baby and only about my looks? Haha! Oh geez.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Pardon the rather pointless post. I wanted to post but this is all I had to say. At least I copied Meg and broke it up with pretty colored dotted lines this time:)

6 comments:

annie farrar said...

GIRL! I'm in the SAME predicament! I told myself that I was not goint to TAN in the TANNING BED anymore but htis lilly white-ness is killing me AND LANCE! He keeps saying "boo, I'll buy you some visits to the tanning bed if you'll go..." But I just feel like I'm seriously damaging my skin. So, for now I'm using Jergens Natural Glow (acutally Target brand) and it takes the edge off. I'ts no tan, but I'm not so stark white!

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SHRED! Jillian is hard core! Keep us updated with how its going!

Molly Carman said...

Here you go: http://www.chick-fil-a.com/#nutritiondata

Give Rubes a kiss for me please!

James and Elizabeth said...

30 day shred freakin rocks. It sucks because it's so hard but it's worth it. After the 3rd day it gets better!

Kari Beth said...

I love your random posts! They crack me up!

I tried to do The Shred after I had E and it really does work. I did it 3 days in a row and was so sore forever!!!

Larsen Family said...

Maybe you should do a fast from tanning. I never tan (and really can't even if I tried :() But, I am ok with it. God made you the way you are and if your skin gets white in the winter, it's ok. I'm just sayin'. :)

jessica kiehn said...

that's the thing...i DON'T tan! I can't fast from it, because I don't do it. I just sit all winter looking at my white skin WISHING i was tan. you see? :)