Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Love List

The other night, before I laid my head down to rest, I stopped and wrote a list. I don't know why I did, but I thought "I'm going to make a list of all the reasons I love Kevin"

And he was asleep when I did it. And the whole time I wrote I was smiling from ear to ear, looking over at him fast asleep every few lines, my heart fluttering with first-few-dates type of feelings for my husband.

I told him about it the next day and he wanted to make one for me. (See, this list thing is so cool).
The list did the same thing for him, made him start crushing on me all over again.

And it hit me. Anytime I am frustrated. Stressed from motherhood. Overwhelmed with housework. Bothered by hecticness of working out of my house. Annoyed with Clarence. I will write a list.
A list of all the reasons I love motherhood, my house, my faithful clients, our sweet puppy.
It's amazing how speaking beautiful, edifying words will change a situation like that.

I have no idea where the list idea came from. More than likely the Holy Spirit in me, because that's where all good ideas come from. Either way...I highly suggest it.

Have Fun!

6 comments:

Leslie Shelton said...

I have a vision of you "smiling when you are in trouble"! I love your lists!

Kari Beth said...

I need to do this :-)

Sheryl said...

I.love.you

ctrinkle said...

Beautiful!

Haley Galloway said...

Great Idea, I could use a dose of that.

annie farrar said...

LOVE this idea! I need to do that more often! Also, I have found that when I point out the GOOD in Lance instead of those things that bother me so much, the good shines through a lot more than the negatives! Positive affermations are always...well...positive!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Love List

The other night, before I laid my head down to rest, I stopped and wrote a list. I don't know why I did, but I thought "I'm going to make a list of all the reasons I love Kevin"

And he was asleep when I did it. And the whole time I wrote I was smiling from ear to ear, looking over at him fast asleep every few lines, my heart fluttering with first-few-dates type of feelings for my husband.

I told him about it the next day and he wanted to make one for me. (See, this list thing is so cool).
The list did the same thing for him, made him start crushing on me all over again.

And it hit me. Anytime I am frustrated. Stressed from motherhood. Overwhelmed with housework. Bothered by hecticness of working out of my house. Annoyed with Clarence. I will write a list.
A list of all the reasons I love motherhood, my house, my faithful clients, our sweet puppy.
It's amazing how speaking beautiful, edifying words will change a situation like that.

I have no idea where the list idea came from. More than likely the Holy Spirit in me, because that's where all good ideas come from. Either way...I highly suggest it.

Have Fun!

6 comments:

Leslie Shelton said...

I have a vision of you "smiling when you are in trouble"! I love your lists!

Kari Beth said...

I need to do this :-)

Sheryl said...

I.love.you

ctrinkle said...

Beautiful!

Haley Galloway said...

Great Idea, I could use a dose of that.

annie farrar said...

LOVE this idea! I need to do that more often! Also, I have found that when I point out the GOOD in Lance instead of those things that bother me so much, the good shines through a lot more than the negatives! Positive affermations are always...well...positive!