Monday, January 3, 2011

Better Late Than Never (2010 Recap)

A look back on 2010...

January- I started my maternity leave almost 2 months earlier than expected. I had a bit of a scare that we had to go to the hospital for, thinking I may have been leaking amniotic fluid. At 32 weeks. Not good. It wasn't, hallelujah, but they still highly recommended me taking it easy and getting off my feet and I was happy to comply.
Waiting for Kev to adjust the lighting for some belly shots...


February- A month of so many emotions. Sadness that my pregnancy was over. Then excitement to see our baby. Frustration because EVERYBODY told me I was going to have Ruby any day. Then I dilated and progressed, and...nothing. And then, at the very last day of that month, the day she told us she was going to be here...it happened. 8 lbs. 6 oz. 19 1/2 inches long. She was here. She is here. And it's wonderful.

March- A month of healing and tiredness. I had a rough time healing, I don't know why. That little chunk hurt to birth! I am believing by faith that was my hardest recovery and it will only get better with each baby. I spent this month falling in love with Ruby and adjusting to my new schedule.
I loved having a baby this time of year. March was still cold enough to spend indoors with my baby and not be missing out on a thing. Also, the month Kevin and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary.


April- My birthday. But nothing really matters birthday-wise when you have a 6 week old lovie. I cut all my hair off like all new Moms do.


May- My first Mother's Day. I am a Mom for the rest of my life. It's crazy!
We met our cousin Naftalie for the first time and got to see our next cousin, Thompson, in Aunt Shannon's belly. Also, we start remodeling our back room into a salon so I can work from home. Such a blessing!



June- Ruby keeps changing and changing. After a long battle, Kevin's Grandpa Loehmann went on to dwell with Yahweh for eternity. We love you Grandpa! You'd be so, so proud of Grandma. She's doing (and looks) great. I start back to work part time, on Tuesdays only and Grandma (Kevin's mom) and Aunt Katie  come over and watch Ruby. They call it "Ruby's Tuesdays".


July- Ruby's first 4th! She spent it asleep while all the fireworks were going off. We spent it watching fireworks from the drive-way with a baby monitor strapped to us. This is also the month that we gave Albert away. He now has monogrammed sweaters he wears with his new parents, so again...he's doing great.

August- A jam-packed fun month! We had our church's youth camp, then a 15 hour road trip that landed us in FLORIDA! Ruby was a champ and blessed us all by being so good in the car. I couldn't believe it. (The trick is to leave at night and drive through the night because the baby will be sleeping then anyway.) 
The only pic we got at camp...notice the bunk beds. We pushed our bunk beds together to make a king size bed.
And yes, we look like prison inmates in these orange camp shirts.
 Keeping Ruby girl out of the Florida sun.
September- I have all four wisdom teeth removed (hallelujah) after some serious pain from one of them rotting. Lovely, isn't it? Ruby moves from sleeping in our bed with us every night to her own crib. So sad, but also a very good thing. She sleeps better now, and Kev and I get some actual alone time before bed! Ruby starts attending Baby Bookworm club (first time with buddy Elle Louise) and falls in love with it.


October- I always love this month. Ruby starts getting more serious about eating solid foods. Can you believe we took no pictures at a pumpkin patch this year?! I'm bummed about that, but there's always next year.
We have our first, of hopefully annual, family pictures taken by the talented Lauren Ames this month.
Also, Ruby girl starts cutting teeth and out pops two little whiteys down at the bottom. Also, we played dress up one day with a friend's old caterpillar costume. 


 We gave Clarence away but, like Homeward Bound, he will not allow anything to come between us and him. He acted like a lunatic at the new people's house and they had no other option but to give him back, crying because they fell in love with him. Clarence you little stinker. He's going to be in our family till the day the dies, and I've come to terms with that fact. To be completely honest, I've fallen back in love with the little guy.


November- Our family's big Thanksgiving is also our Christmas out at Nanny and Papa's. Ruby is such a people person, so events like this is heaven to her. My Papa surprised my Nanny with flying in my Uncle Ron (their son) and it was so sweet to capture the surprise.


December- What a month! Lots of things happened but all in all...it was wonderful. Our first Christmas with Ruby James. Last year at the time she was squirming in my belly and we had no idea what she looked like and we just talked and smiled at the thought of her being here for Christmas '10. And this year we laughed and smiled at the fact that she was here and made Christmas twenty times more fun.

2010 was a great year that absolutely just FLEW by. It's because we have a child now. The years are going by faster now, we have to soak it all in! I am so thankful to have my husband, my daughter, our health, our families, our home, our car that starts every time we get in, the food we eat everyday, the heating and air in our house, the jobs we have...I'm endlessly grateful.  It was a good, good year.
And 2011 is going to be even better:)

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh what a precious recap of an amazing year! You will never forget all the blessings this year had to offer, and thank you for so perfectlly sharing it in pictures and fun description that is so perfectly you. Here's to 2011 and all that it holds! Love you, Marm

ctrinkle said...

I had my wisdom teeth removef this past year too, one of mine was bad how funny Not. Good year but sad to know our babies will be one this year. Oh well Even happier times ahead.

Kari Beth said...

What a great year 2010 was! I can't believe our girls will soon be ONE!!! they are so much fun. Happy New Year! So blessed to have met the Kiehns in 2010! Hopefully we will be life long friends! Love you all!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Better Late Than Never (2010 Recap)

A look back on 2010...

January- I started my maternity leave almost 2 months earlier than expected. I had a bit of a scare that we had to go to the hospital for, thinking I may have been leaking amniotic fluid. At 32 weeks. Not good. It wasn't, hallelujah, but they still highly recommended me taking it easy and getting off my feet and I was happy to comply.
Waiting for Kev to adjust the lighting for some belly shots...


February- A month of so many emotions. Sadness that my pregnancy was over. Then excitement to see our baby. Frustration because EVERYBODY told me I was going to have Ruby any day. Then I dilated and progressed, and...nothing. And then, at the very last day of that month, the day she told us she was going to be here...it happened. 8 lbs. 6 oz. 19 1/2 inches long. She was here. She is here. And it's wonderful.

March- A month of healing and tiredness. I had a rough time healing, I don't know why. That little chunk hurt to birth! I am believing by faith that was my hardest recovery and it will only get better with each baby. I spent this month falling in love with Ruby and adjusting to my new schedule.
I loved having a baby this time of year. March was still cold enough to spend indoors with my baby and not be missing out on a thing. Also, the month Kevin and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary.


April- My birthday. But nothing really matters birthday-wise when you have a 6 week old lovie. I cut all my hair off like all new Moms do.


May- My first Mother's Day. I am a Mom for the rest of my life. It's crazy!
We met our cousin Naftalie for the first time and got to see our next cousin, Thompson, in Aunt Shannon's belly. Also, we start remodeling our back room into a salon so I can work from home. Such a blessing!



June- Ruby keeps changing and changing. After a long battle, Kevin's Grandpa Loehmann went on to dwell with Yahweh for eternity. We love you Grandpa! You'd be so, so proud of Grandma. She's doing (and looks) great. I start back to work part time, on Tuesdays only and Grandma (Kevin's mom) and Aunt Katie  come over and watch Ruby. They call it "Ruby's Tuesdays".


July- Ruby's first 4th! She spent it asleep while all the fireworks were going off. We spent it watching fireworks from the drive-way with a baby monitor strapped to us. This is also the month that we gave Albert away. He now has monogrammed sweaters he wears with his new parents, so again...he's doing great.

August- A jam-packed fun month! We had our church's youth camp, then a 15 hour road trip that landed us in FLORIDA! Ruby was a champ and blessed us all by being so good in the car. I couldn't believe it. (The trick is to leave at night and drive through the night because the baby will be sleeping then anyway.) 
The only pic we got at camp...notice the bunk beds. We pushed our bunk beds together to make a king size bed.
And yes, we look like prison inmates in these orange camp shirts.
 Keeping Ruby girl out of the Florida sun.
September- I have all four wisdom teeth removed (hallelujah) after some serious pain from one of them rotting. Lovely, isn't it? Ruby moves from sleeping in our bed with us every night to her own crib. So sad, but also a very good thing. She sleeps better now, and Kev and I get some actual alone time before bed! Ruby starts attending Baby Bookworm club (first time with buddy Elle Louise) and falls in love with it.


October- I always love this month. Ruby starts getting more serious about eating solid foods. Can you believe we took no pictures at a pumpkin patch this year?! I'm bummed about that, but there's always next year.
We have our first, of hopefully annual, family pictures taken by the talented Lauren Ames this month.
Also, Ruby girl starts cutting teeth and out pops two little whiteys down at the bottom. Also, we played dress up one day with a friend's old caterpillar costume. 


 We gave Clarence away but, like Homeward Bound, he will not allow anything to come between us and him. He acted like a lunatic at the new people's house and they had no other option but to give him back, crying because they fell in love with him. Clarence you little stinker. He's going to be in our family till the day the dies, and I've come to terms with that fact. To be completely honest, I've fallen back in love with the little guy.


November- Our family's big Thanksgiving is also our Christmas out at Nanny and Papa's. Ruby is such a people person, so events like this is heaven to her. My Papa surprised my Nanny with flying in my Uncle Ron (their son) and it was so sweet to capture the surprise.


December- What a month! Lots of things happened but all in all...it was wonderful. Our first Christmas with Ruby James. Last year at the time she was squirming in my belly and we had no idea what she looked like and we just talked and smiled at the thought of her being here for Christmas '10. And this year we laughed and smiled at the fact that she was here and made Christmas twenty times more fun.

2010 was a great year that absolutely just FLEW by. It's because we have a child now. The years are going by faster now, we have to soak it all in! I am so thankful to have my husband, my daughter, our health, our families, our home, our car that starts every time we get in, the food we eat everyday, the heating and air in our house, the jobs we have...I'm endlessly grateful.  It was a good, good year.
And 2011 is going to be even better:)

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh what a precious recap of an amazing year! You will never forget all the blessings this year had to offer, and thank you for so perfectlly sharing it in pictures and fun description that is so perfectly you. Here's to 2011 and all that it holds! Love you, Marm

ctrinkle said...

I had my wisdom teeth removef this past year too, one of mine was bad how funny Not. Good year but sad to know our babies will be one this year. Oh well Even happier times ahead.

Kari Beth said...

What a great year 2010 was! I can't believe our girls will soon be ONE!!! they are so much fun. Happy New Year! So blessed to have met the Kiehns in 2010! Hopefully we will be life long friends! Love you all!