Friday, January 28, 2011

11 months




Well, my sweetheart it's January 28th and you are 11 months old today. A year ago today, I had had 2 wonderful baby showers, your room was painted, decorated, stocked, and ready. I was all of those things, too. I only had one month till I got to birth you and see you.

You have 5 teeth. Two bottom, 2 tops, 2 sides of tops. You love to scrunch your nose, which lifts your upper lip, so you can show off those new top teeth as often as possible.

You have the whispiest, stringy little loooong bangs and Daddy will not let me cut them. I asked him last night "would you be devastated if you came home yesterday and Ruby's bangs were cut?" and he said "yes." So if you look back at your baby pics as a teen and ask why the hilarious bangs....ask Dad. If you look back and think it was so cute, well, then, that's both of our doing. We both decided to keep them:)

You absolutely love bath time. I read somewhere "How to raise kids....when they are upset - put them in water" and it couldn't be more true.

We are weaning you off your little sassa. Which is not hard, because you really have never been obsessed. Just if it's around, you'll take it, if it's not, no big deal. But it's definitely a must at nap time and night time!

You have no "thing" you must have at all times. Like a lot of babies have a blankie or a bunny or whatever. Just Mom and what I have to offer:).

You eat what we eat. And if not that, you love the Earth's Best Organic baby food. I love it, because it's organic and easy.

As of now, you take a long 3 hour nap in the late morning/into afternoon. Then you take another 1-2ish hour nap in the evening around 4 or 5:00...it's wonderful! Then back down for the whole night at 8:00ish.

You are still breastfeeding regularly and love it. Of course not as much as you used to, but often and steady. Still one of my favorite parts about motherhood.

You love Clarence. You let him lick you (yuck. I try to stop him, honey, but you egg him on!) and you pull his fur out while he yelps. But then he just forgives you and licks you while you look at the clump of hair in your chubby hands.

You are the light of our lives, our little comedian, our best friend, and our entertainment.
Happy 11 months, sugar booger.

4 comments:

ctrinkle said...

Already! I can't beleive it! I remember when we all were in birthing class together,wow seems like yesturday. Crazy, fun and exciting year our families have had. We need to get together sometime. I'm thinking of doing a blog of my own soon, but still debating on it.

Kari Beth said...

Happy ELEVEN months sweet girl! Live you to pieces!!!

PS...I also call Elle Sugar Booger. And we have a set of dishes for her and the brand is Sugar Booger. I was so excited when I got them and they were that brand :-)

Becca said...

that is nuts, absolutely NUTS that she is already 11 months and almost 1 YEAR OLD! i cant believe it, time really flies!! Happy 11 months Miss Ruby James!

p.s. i believe you named 6 teeth, not 5..."two bottom, two top, and two sides of top" haha

Chrissy Galloway said...

Oh my those eyes....

Friday, January 28, 2011

11 months




Well, my sweetheart it's January 28th and you are 11 months old today. A year ago today, I had had 2 wonderful baby showers, your room was painted, decorated, stocked, and ready. I was all of those things, too. I only had one month till I got to birth you and see you.

You have 5 teeth. Two bottom, 2 tops, 2 sides of tops. You love to scrunch your nose, which lifts your upper lip, so you can show off those new top teeth as often as possible.

You have the whispiest, stringy little loooong bangs and Daddy will not let me cut them. I asked him last night "would you be devastated if you came home yesterday and Ruby's bangs were cut?" and he said "yes." So if you look back at your baby pics as a teen and ask why the hilarious bangs....ask Dad. If you look back and think it was so cute, well, then, that's both of our doing. We both decided to keep them:)

You absolutely love bath time. I read somewhere "How to raise kids....when they are upset - put them in water" and it couldn't be more true.

We are weaning you off your little sassa. Which is not hard, because you really have never been obsessed. Just if it's around, you'll take it, if it's not, no big deal. But it's definitely a must at nap time and night time!

You have no "thing" you must have at all times. Like a lot of babies have a blankie or a bunny or whatever. Just Mom and what I have to offer:).

You eat what we eat. And if not that, you love the Earth's Best Organic baby food. I love it, because it's organic and easy.

As of now, you take a long 3 hour nap in the late morning/into afternoon. Then you take another 1-2ish hour nap in the evening around 4 or 5:00...it's wonderful! Then back down for the whole night at 8:00ish.

You are still breastfeeding regularly and love it. Of course not as much as you used to, but often and steady. Still one of my favorite parts about motherhood.

You love Clarence. You let him lick you (yuck. I try to stop him, honey, but you egg him on!) and you pull his fur out while he yelps. But then he just forgives you and licks you while you look at the clump of hair in your chubby hands.

You are the light of our lives, our little comedian, our best friend, and our entertainment.
Happy 11 months, sugar booger.

4 comments:

ctrinkle said...

Already! I can't beleive it! I remember when we all were in birthing class together,wow seems like yesturday. Crazy, fun and exciting year our families have had. We need to get together sometime. I'm thinking of doing a blog of my own soon, but still debating on it.

Kari Beth said...

Happy ELEVEN months sweet girl! Live you to pieces!!!

PS...I also call Elle Sugar Booger. And we have a set of dishes for her and the brand is Sugar Booger. I was so excited when I got them and they were that brand :-)

Becca said...

that is nuts, absolutely NUTS that she is already 11 months and almost 1 YEAR OLD! i cant believe it, time really flies!! Happy 11 months Miss Ruby James!

p.s. i believe you named 6 teeth, not 5..."two bottom, two top, and two sides of top" haha

Chrissy Galloway said...

Oh my those eyes....