Monday, December 13, 2010

Lazy Monday

I am a lover of schedules, to-do lists, and organization. Unfortunately those things don't really go hand-in-hand with a life of flowing, enjoying the moment, hearing by the Spirit, etc. The older I get, and the more I let "me" die and and find myself in Christ, the more balanced I am becoming.
Sunday nights are normally my planning night, I get every meal planned for the week, the shopping list all written out in order of the store, etc.
Then Monday morning I wake up early, get myself ready, then when Ruby wakes up we hop up and run to the grocery store to get that all done before her morning nap.

Not today! No, last night I was so sick, curled up in bed, Kevin praying for me, me praying for myself and then finally...it happened. I puked. A lot. And it was all gone! (Just a heads up, it was something I ate at Marketplace...) I felt weak for a little bit after that and Kev ran and got me some Gatorade for the electrolytes. And today I'm back to normal. But with no grocery list, no plan. And I kind of like it!

I like being thrown a curve ball. I like being forced to take my ninja tight grip off of the way I love to do things, and have to be flexible for a day. So Ruby is down for her nap, I look like a raccoon from last night's mascara under my eyes, my hair...well, here, I'll just show you what I look like...
Lovely, huh?

But I'm sipping coffee, I have a few minutes to blog, and I am going to get most of my presents wrapped this morning. So it's a good day!
And we can have leftovers for crying out loud.
Or Chik-fil-A...

5 comments:

Carman said...

Love this post, Jessica! Happy Monday!

annie farrar said...

ENJOY! I'm at work in my CUBICLE!! I'd give ANYTHING to be doing exactly what you're doing! You're blessed to be able to stay at home with sweet Ruby! She's lucky to have you!

Hope you're feeling better!

Kari Beth said...

Bless your heart! Glad you are feeling better! FYI, if I posted a pic of myself on my blog without makeup I would never have another visitor! I would scare everyone away!!!!!

Larsen Family said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Sheryl said...

Aw....I didn't know you were sick:(

Monday, December 13, 2010

Lazy Monday

I am a lover of schedules, to-do lists, and organization. Unfortunately those things don't really go hand-in-hand with a life of flowing, enjoying the moment, hearing by the Spirit, etc. The older I get, and the more I let "me" die and and find myself in Christ, the more balanced I am becoming.
Sunday nights are normally my planning night, I get every meal planned for the week, the shopping list all written out in order of the store, etc.
Then Monday morning I wake up early, get myself ready, then when Ruby wakes up we hop up and run to the grocery store to get that all done before her morning nap.

Not today! No, last night I was so sick, curled up in bed, Kevin praying for me, me praying for myself and then finally...it happened. I puked. A lot. And it was all gone! (Just a heads up, it was something I ate at Marketplace...) I felt weak for a little bit after that and Kev ran and got me some Gatorade for the electrolytes. And today I'm back to normal. But with no grocery list, no plan. And I kind of like it!

I like being thrown a curve ball. I like being forced to take my ninja tight grip off of the way I love to do things, and have to be flexible for a day. So Ruby is down for her nap, I look like a raccoon from last night's mascara under my eyes, my hair...well, here, I'll just show you what I look like...
Lovely, huh?

But I'm sipping coffee, I have a few minutes to blog, and I am going to get most of my presents wrapped this morning. So it's a good day!
And we can have leftovers for crying out loud.
Or Chik-fil-A...

5 comments:

Carman said...

Love this post, Jessica! Happy Monday!

annie farrar said...

ENJOY! I'm at work in my CUBICLE!! I'd give ANYTHING to be doing exactly what you're doing! You're blessed to be able to stay at home with sweet Ruby! She's lucky to have you!

Hope you're feeling better!

Kari Beth said...

Bless your heart! Glad you are feeling better! FYI, if I posted a pic of myself on my blog without makeup I would never have another visitor! I would scare everyone away!!!!!

Larsen Family said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Sheryl said...

Aw....I didn't know you were sick:(