Wednesday, December 29, 2010

10 months old

She looks like such a big girl in this picture, even with that little onesie flap hanging out. And that's how she is looking these days. I can't believe it. Don't worry, she is still very much a baby. I am not trying to make her be older than she is!

Ruby, here's what you're up to at 10 months old:

-Standing all day. When you eat your snacks, you stand at the coffee table to eat them. You stand by the couch while we sit on it and hang on to our knee or whatever. As long as you have something to support you, you're standing.

-ALSO! Standing WITHOUT any support. It's been so funny to watch because you'll get distracted and stand on your own and then realize "oh my gosh...I'm standing..." and then you slowly squat back down to the safe and comfortable seated position. I can't believe soon you'll be standing and walking.

-You have also started to sleep through the night all on your own! Amazing. Every now and then you'll have a night where you wake up once for a feeding, but here lately it's been all night without one. 

-You say Ma-ma, Deh-Deh, make the "p" sound with your mouth, and when you're frustrated/sad "nee nee nee"

-You, my little stinker, have started hitting me in the face for a reaction. You are testing your boundaries. And the moment you do it, you freeze, look at me sadly with a frown and a "oh crap" face because you know you're in trouble. And you will always be in trouble for that. No matter how many times you test to see if maybe I'll just forget that it's naughty and rejoice and clap for you. 
I love you, you little learner.

-You have a slew of nicknames that you get called on a daily basis around here. They include
Rubosco
Ruby Tootie
Big Ole Woman
Nudity Jones (anytime you're naked, diaper only, etc.)
Jamesie
Jonesie
Sis/Sister/Sissy
Ma-ma (because you say that all the time, it kind of stuck)
Roob-a-loob
Big Ole Girl
Ruby Roo
Shubes

-You started this new scrunch-nose smile that CRACKS me up because it's turned into like a courtesy smile from you. Like, just to be nice, you flash your tiny two bottom teeth, scrunch your nose, grin from ear to ear at the person, and then it's over. 

-You love The Brady Bunch. I think it was because that was the only show I let you watch when you were younger because I figured it's not fast-paced and flashy for your little eyes, it's simple and good morals. And look what I did...you love it now. The opening melody "duh duh duh duh duh duh....Here's the story" gets you bouncing and very happy.

-You love Clarence. You feed him all your snacks, play with him, lay on him, and tug his hair. And he is so, so good with you. He has completely calmed down and adjusted well with everything and I'm starting to really like him again. Just like everyone said.

-You LOVE beans! The chili I make isn't spicy and you always shock me how much of that stuff you will eat.  You love to eat, it's genetic. 

Every single day, sweetheart, is an adventure with you. When you nap for a long time, towards the end of it I can't wait till you wake up so I can play with you and see what you look like again. Your hair is growing into that tiny little wispy baby mullet and it warms my heart. Everything about you is beyond explanation...wonderful. You are such a blessing to this family. You make me laugh and bring us such joy. 
Happy 10 months, baby girl. 
You Big Ole Woman!


6 comments:

Kari Beth said...

Sweet Ruby girl! You are BEAUTIFUL.

Loved reading this Jess! You are a wonderful mommy and glad to know Elle isn't the only 10-month old hitting her momma :-).

PS-love all the nicknames :-)

Sheryl said...

I have tears welled up and rolling down my cheeks. I love you Ruby girl! And Jessica....what an awesome momma you are. You make me very very proud. 10 months. How time has flown!

JMKiehn said...

O, Ruby, we love everything about you. You are truly a wonderful blend of your parents and a blessing to our family. Love watching you grow.

Leslie said...

Could she get any prettier?! Seriously, her faces in the pictures you get are amazing.

She is such a blessing and you are such a blessing for being a wonderful mom!

Juli said...

by the way...i know everyone says she looks like daddy...but here, she looks just like you. I thought it was a photo of a young-you for a few minutes!

Leslie Shelton said...

I love how you love life and appreciate all the right things!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

10 months old

She looks like such a big girl in this picture, even with that little onesie flap hanging out. And that's how she is looking these days. I can't believe it. Don't worry, she is still very much a baby. I am not trying to make her be older than she is!

Ruby, here's what you're up to at 10 months old:

-Standing all day. When you eat your snacks, you stand at the coffee table to eat them. You stand by the couch while we sit on it and hang on to our knee or whatever. As long as you have something to support you, you're standing.

-ALSO! Standing WITHOUT any support. It's been so funny to watch because you'll get distracted and stand on your own and then realize "oh my gosh...I'm standing..." and then you slowly squat back down to the safe and comfortable seated position. I can't believe soon you'll be standing and walking.

-You have also started to sleep through the night all on your own! Amazing. Every now and then you'll have a night where you wake up once for a feeding, but here lately it's been all night without one. 

-You say Ma-ma, Deh-Deh, make the "p" sound with your mouth, and when you're frustrated/sad "nee nee nee"

-You, my little stinker, have started hitting me in the face for a reaction. You are testing your boundaries. And the moment you do it, you freeze, look at me sadly with a frown and a "oh crap" face because you know you're in trouble. And you will always be in trouble for that. No matter how many times you test to see if maybe I'll just forget that it's naughty and rejoice and clap for you. 
I love you, you little learner.

-You have a slew of nicknames that you get called on a daily basis around here. They include
Rubosco
Ruby Tootie
Big Ole Woman
Nudity Jones (anytime you're naked, diaper only, etc.)
Jamesie
Jonesie
Sis/Sister/Sissy
Ma-ma (because you say that all the time, it kind of stuck)
Roob-a-loob
Big Ole Girl
Ruby Roo
Shubes

-You started this new scrunch-nose smile that CRACKS me up because it's turned into like a courtesy smile from you. Like, just to be nice, you flash your tiny two bottom teeth, scrunch your nose, grin from ear to ear at the person, and then it's over. 

-You love The Brady Bunch. I think it was because that was the only show I let you watch when you were younger because I figured it's not fast-paced and flashy for your little eyes, it's simple and good morals. And look what I did...you love it now. The opening melody "duh duh duh duh duh duh....Here's the story" gets you bouncing and very happy.

-You love Clarence. You feed him all your snacks, play with him, lay on him, and tug his hair. And he is so, so good with you. He has completely calmed down and adjusted well with everything and I'm starting to really like him again. Just like everyone said.

-You LOVE beans! The chili I make isn't spicy and you always shock me how much of that stuff you will eat.  You love to eat, it's genetic. 

Every single day, sweetheart, is an adventure with you. When you nap for a long time, towards the end of it I can't wait till you wake up so I can play with you and see what you look like again. Your hair is growing into that tiny little wispy baby mullet and it warms my heart. Everything about you is beyond explanation...wonderful. You are such a blessing to this family. You make me laugh and bring us such joy. 
Happy 10 months, baby girl. 
You Big Ole Woman!


6 comments:

Kari Beth said...

Sweet Ruby girl! You are BEAUTIFUL.

Loved reading this Jess! You are a wonderful mommy and glad to know Elle isn't the only 10-month old hitting her momma :-).

PS-love all the nicknames :-)

Sheryl said...

I have tears welled up and rolling down my cheeks. I love you Ruby girl! And Jessica....what an awesome momma you are. You make me very very proud. 10 months. How time has flown!

JMKiehn said...

O, Ruby, we love everything about you. You are truly a wonderful blend of your parents and a blessing to our family. Love watching you grow.

Leslie said...

Could she get any prettier?! Seriously, her faces in the pictures you get are amazing.

She is such a blessing and you are such a blessing for being a wonderful mom!

Juli said...

by the way...i know everyone says she looks like daddy...but here, she looks just like you. I thought it was a photo of a young-you for a few minutes!

Leslie Shelton said...

I love how you love life and appreciate all the right things!