Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Products I Use

I am always interested in what products people use for what.
In fact, I always peek in people's showers when I visit their house to see what type of shampoo/conditioner they use. Is that wrong? Kevin thinks it's crazy.
So, in case there is anybody out there like me, here's what I use on the daily.

Deodorant: Tom's All Natural in Apricot.
Natural. Works. I love it.

Facewash: This changes, but lately I've been using Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Scrub. A little drying and definitely not all natural. But I like it fine for now. I also use Neutrogena Oil-Free face moisturizer. Nice and light, I like that.
MAC eyeshadow. There is none like it, I'm sorry. And at $14.50 a pop, there ought not be.
Whatever blush. I have Cover Girl, I have MAC, I have some Sephora stuff. Just whatever.

Bare Minerals foundation in Medium Beige. I love this becaue it's not cakey, looks natural, and covers well. I don't love this because it doesn't last long, being fluffy and powdery and they don't put enough product in the container!
I know it's sounding like I spend tons of money on makeup, but I'm a firm believer in buying small amounts of higher quality things is way better than tons and tons of cheap crap.

Maybelline Full & Soft for mascara. This is ole' faithful. I've used this for forever and it's just GREAT. Non-clumpy, never clumps. I don't like clumps.


To style my hair, I use a Boar Bristle teasing comb like this. You haven't teased your hair until you've had a comb like this. I LOVE this. I use it on every single client that will let me (and only 2 won't. They like flatter hair. I know, right?!) You can find them online anywhere.
Once I've teased my hair I spray hairspray at the "ratted" parts. Then use the same teasing comb to comb it all down into the way I want it, then do a light spray with the hairspray all over to hold that style into place. (not too much, you don't want helmet head!)
I like this hairspray, TIGI Maxxed Out because it's strong, but really the main reason I bought it is because it's the only non-aerosol hairspray our beauty supplier carries. Give me a break! Hopefully other brands will catch on that it's not cool to only have aerosol and make pump style bottles soon.
I'd do Walmart hairspray for all I care. I just have to have name brands for my client's sake.
But it's all just a bunch of alcohol so use whatever hairspray you like, in my opinion.

Now shampoo and conditioner is a WHOLE other story! It's not all the same! I always say if you're going to spend your money on something, make it be the shamp/conditioner and a good professional coloring. All the other gobs of products and treatments aren't that necessary.

For cheaper budgets, I love Matrix Sleek Look. Very conditioning, gives your hair that shine, but doesn't weigh it down. And even if it does weigh it down a bit, it's no match for your boar bristle comb!!

And if you're reeeally serious about great hair care and/or you are just plain rich, go for Pureology Nanoworks. Nanoworks, not just any Pureology. The Nanoworks line. This stuff. is. amazing. Nothing like it. Hence the price.



Ok, I could go on and on but this is taking longer than I had hoped to spend on the computer. Let me know if you have any questions (I always do).

Also let me know if you peek in people's showers, please.

6 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

I use that pink grapefruit scrub too. It has smoothed out the tiny bumps on my face but is definitely very drying. I have to get one of those teasing brushes!. I tease my hair like crazy.

Juli said...

my mother in law owns her own hair salon down here (which come in super handy for me!) and she gave me the matrix shampoo you talked about...it was horrible for my hair. i have the thinnest and finest hair you'll ever see, and it made it a flat lifeless mess, no matter what i did. it was awful. i actually use Shimmer Lights by Clairol Professional now and it does fantastic things for my hair, and keeps it moisturized without weighing it down! it also protects my color, and since im difficult and love my red, i need all the help i can get...cause red sucks at keeping up with!

James and Elizabeth said...

I was just about to write a post this week on products I like!... And I probably still will so you can "peek in my shower"

Ps, I peek in everyones shower too :)

Sheryl said...

Where do you get one of those brushes?

Kari Beth said...

thanks for posting all your favs! i'm going to use them all so i can be as beautiful as you :)

seriously, i'm getting that shampoo & conditioner! mom is getting me the bare minerals for christmas. i desperately need that brush!!!!

i have that tom's deoderant but it makes my underarms break out :/...so i use dove or secret

i know you really care :)

Advance-esthetic said...

I represent company Advance-Esthetic from Miami. Ask me any questions) We have great prices and quick service Multifunction facial machine for sale

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Products I Use

I am always interested in what products people use for what.
In fact, I always peek in people's showers when I visit their house to see what type of shampoo/conditioner they use. Is that wrong? Kevin thinks it's crazy.
So, in case there is anybody out there like me, here's what I use on the daily.

Deodorant: Tom's All Natural in Apricot.
Natural. Works. I love it.

Facewash: This changes, but lately I've been using Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Scrub. A little drying and definitely not all natural. But I like it fine for now. I also use Neutrogena Oil-Free face moisturizer. Nice and light, I like that.
MAC eyeshadow. There is none like it, I'm sorry. And at $14.50 a pop, there ought not be.
Whatever blush. I have Cover Girl, I have MAC, I have some Sephora stuff. Just whatever.

Bare Minerals foundation in Medium Beige. I love this becaue it's not cakey, looks natural, and covers well. I don't love this because it doesn't last long, being fluffy and powdery and they don't put enough product in the container!
I know it's sounding like I spend tons of money on makeup, but I'm a firm believer in buying small amounts of higher quality things is way better than tons and tons of cheap crap.

Maybelline Full & Soft for mascara. This is ole' faithful. I've used this for forever and it's just GREAT. Non-clumpy, never clumps. I don't like clumps.


To style my hair, I use a Boar Bristle teasing comb like this. You haven't teased your hair until you've had a comb like this. I LOVE this. I use it on every single client that will let me (and only 2 won't. They like flatter hair. I know, right?!) You can find them online anywhere.
Once I've teased my hair I spray hairspray at the "ratted" parts. Then use the same teasing comb to comb it all down into the way I want it, then do a light spray with the hairspray all over to hold that style into place. (not too much, you don't want helmet head!)
I like this hairspray, TIGI Maxxed Out because it's strong, but really the main reason I bought it is because it's the only non-aerosol hairspray our beauty supplier carries. Give me a break! Hopefully other brands will catch on that it's not cool to only have aerosol and make pump style bottles soon.
I'd do Walmart hairspray for all I care. I just have to have name brands for my client's sake.
But it's all just a bunch of alcohol so use whatever hairspray you like, in my opinion.

Now shampoo and conditioner is a WHOLE other story! It's not all the same! I always say if you're going to spend your money on something, make it be the shamp/conditioner and a good professional coloring. All the other gobs of products and treatments aren't that necessary.

For cheaper budgets, I love Matrix Sleek Look. Very conditioning, gives your hair that shine, but doesn't weigh it down. And even if it does weigh it down a bit, it's no match for your boar bristle comb!!

And if you're reeeally serious about great hair care and/or you are just plain rich, go for Pureology Nanoworks. Nanoworks, not just any Pureology. The Nanoworks line. This stuff. is. amazing. Nothing like it. Hence the price.



Ok, I could go on and on but this is taking longer than I had hoped to spend on the computer. Let me know if you have any questions (I always do).

Also let me know if you peek in people's showers, please.

6 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

I use that pink grapefruit scrub too. It has smoothed out the tiny bumps on my face but is definitely very drying. I have to get one of those teasing brushes!. I tease my hair like crazy.

Juli said...

my mother in law owns her own hair salon down here (which come in super handy for me!) and she gave me the matrix shampoo you talked about...it was horrible for my hair. i have the thinnest and finest hair you'll ever see, and it made it a flat lifeless mess, no matter what i did. it was awful. i actually use Shimmer Lights by Clairol Professional now and it does fantastic things for my hair, and keeps it moisturized without weighing it down! it also protects my color, and since im difficult and love my red, i need all the help i can get...cause red sucks at keeping up with!

James and Elizabeth said...

I was just about to write a post this week on products I like!... And I probably still will so you can "peek in my shower"

Ps, I peek in everyones shower too :)

Sheryl said...

Where do you get one of those brushes?

Kari Beth said...

thanks for posting all your favs! i'm going to use them all so i can be as beautiful as you :)

seriously, i'm getting that shampoo & conditioner! mom is getting me the bare minerals for christmas. i desperately need that brush!!!!

i have that tom's deoderant but it makes my underarms break out :/...so i use dove or secret

i know you really care :)

Advance-esthetic said...

I represent company Advance-Esthetic from Miami. Ask me any questions) We have great prices and quick service Multifunction facial machine for sale