Wednesday, November 3, 2010

B&N

The other night we went here. To relax and show Ruby the children's area. She fell asleep on the way there and I was thanking the Lord that Kevin was with us to carry her 20 lb. body + the carrier in.


Who needs to match? And who needs to worry about germs and filth on public chairs? Nah...


I couldn't help but snap a picture of this darling little girl. She was sitting right there with me and Ruby and was absolutely precious. I mean, look at that face! Minding her own business, well aware that we were there, but trying to be polite and stick to herself. I hope Ruby is that polite when she's her age.

All in all. Ruby liked the experience. She is 8 months old now and rarely sits still through an entire book. At first I thought "oh no! I want my babies to love books, because that means they'll be smart when they grow up!"
As if they couldn't be smart if they didn't want to sit through a book. (at 8 months old)
The fact of the matter is...Ruby is her momma's girl. Looks like Kev but acts like me. I'm thinking she's more of a do-er. Hands on. Active and vibrant. I think she'll write the books that gentler and quieter kids will read.

But who knows. They change so much. I could try and try to predict what's to come but chances are, I'm way off. I'll just stick to today, this moment, right now. That's all I know, and that's all I need to know.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ruby, you are SOOOOOOO precious.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

B&N

The other night we went here. To relax and show Ruby the children's area. She fell asleep on the way there and I was thanking the Lord that Kevin was with us to carry her 20 lb. body + the carrier in.


Who needs to match? And who needs to worry about germs and filth on public chairs? Nah...


I couldn't help but snap a picture of this darling little girl. She was sitting right there with me and Ruby and was absolutely precious. I mean, look at that face! Minding her own business, well aware that we were there, but trying to be polite and stick to herself. I hope Ruby is that polite when she's her age.

All in all. Ruby liked the experience. She is 8 months old now and rarely sits still through an entire book. At first I thought "oh no! I want my babies to love books, because that means they'll be smart when they grow up!"
As if they couldn't be smart if they didn't want to sit through a book. (at 8 months old)
The fact of the matter is...Ruby is her momma's girl. Looks like Kev but acts like me. I'm thinking she's more of a do-er. Hands on. Active and vibrant. I think she'll write the books that gentler and quieter kids will read.

But who knows. They change so much. I could try and try to predict what's to come but chances are, I'm way off. I'll just stick to today, this moment, right now. That's all I know, and that's all I need to know.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ruby, you are SOOOOOOO precious.