Monday, September 27, 2010

"I Think A Change Would Do You Good!"

Would someone please remind me why I thought remodeling our kitchen and living room with a 7 month old baby, a two-job working husband, a part time working me wouldn't take that long? Who was I kidding? 
It's ok though. I used to be so over-the-top "quick, everything MUST be done NOW" and my husband has taught me to just slow down, take a deep breath, and evaluate the important things in life. And we will get it done, and it will be gorgeous.

{we went with the color on the left, by the way, not the putrid yellow that is already all over our house}




On an entirely separate note, I cut some major bangs. At first  I hated them. Thoughts of kindergarten, and then the Beatles flooded my head when I looked at my short, blunt bangs. But now I love them. Something different without being over the top.

{right when I started liking them, they got too long to wear down like this, so now I have the dilemma of choosing to let them swoop to the side or keep them short like this...}
With the freshness of Fall here, it's stirred us up to make some changes and we are LOVING it!

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

I adore you, you beautiful woman, you!

Larsen Family said...

Cute bangs. You can pull off any hairdo. :)

Can't wait to see the finished project in the kitchen.

Leslie said...

Love the bangs, cut them again!!!

And I can't wait to see the kitchen!

Carman said...

LOVE 'em! So cute...especially with that short ponytail!

Monday, September 27, 2010

"I Think A Change Would Do You Good!"

Would someone please remind me why I thought remodeling our kitchen and living room with a 7 month old baby, a two-job working husband, a part time working me wouldn't take that long? Who was I kidding? 
It's ok though. I used to be so over-the-top "quick, everything MUST be done NOW" and my husband has taught me to just slow down, take a deep breath, and evaluate the important things in life. And we will get it done, and it will be gorgeous.

{we went with the color on the left, by the way, not the putrid yellow that is already all over our house}




On an entirely separate note, I cut some major bangs. At first  I hated them. Thoughts of kindergarten, and then the Beatles flooded my head when I looked at my short, blunt bangs. But now I love them. Something different without being over the top.

{right when I started liking them, they got too long to wear down like this, so now I have the dilemma of choosing to let them swoop to the side or keep them short like this...}
With the freshness of Fall here, it's stirred us up to make some changes and we are LOVING it!

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

I adore you, you beautiful woman, you!

Larsen Family said...

Cute bangs. You can pull off any hairdo. :)

Can't wait to see the finished project in the kitchen.

Leslie said...

Love the bangs, cut them again!!!

And I can't wait to see the kitchen!

Carman said...

LOVE 'em! So cute...especially with that short ponytail!