Saturday, May 1, 2010


Today Kevin and I faced a very common discussion/dead end...
We have NOTHING in common when it comes to things to do for fun.
I think it's SO fun and rewarding to spend the Saturday cleaning, organizing, tackling big projects that have been hanging over our heads and piling up week after week.

That is work to Kevin and since he works ALL week long, and crazy hours, he thinks movies and relaxing on the couch is more "fun".

BLEH!!

I know, I know I'm sure most of you are siding with Kevin. Rightfully so. Which is why I don't really fight for my side too strongly because that would equal nagging and we all know NAGGING DOES NOT WORK! So not worth it! Wives, next time you go to nag, stop. You're wasting your breath and making the situation worse.

Anyways, we found a common denominator, we got the house all cleaned up and Kevin is watching Sherlock Holmes while I blog. Now we're both happy!

Just wish we both loved the same things in this department:(
And in the exercise/health department.
I guess that's why they say....
OPPOSITES ATTRACT.

3 comments:

Christy Carter said...

Jessica I agree completely! My husband and I are completely opposite on how we like to spend our free time. I read/paint, he plays computer games.

Even though we may not be able to agree on what to do all the time, at least we agree on one thing...Our love for each other!

leslie said...

Same thing with Dale and I. He would agree with Kevin...however, only after all household chores are done (he is really good about that). I, however, find it really difficult to sit and watch a movie. A compromise for me sometime is that he knows on the front side and I have the freedom to come and go, or I multitask and do something while we watch.

Cassimus T. said...

I can absolutely relate...Elliot says that i don't know how to relax because I can't stand just sitting around or taking naps..id rather clean and work on projects..he just doesn't know how relaxing it is ;) then again, i don't see how shooting up people on video games is relaxing either so we're even! seems like this is a common marital scenario :)

Saturday, May 1, 2010


Today Kevin and I faced a very common discussion/dead end...
We have NOTHING in common when it comes to things to do for fun.
I think it's SO fun and rewarding to spend the Saturday cleaning, organizing, tackling big projects that have been hanging over our heads and piling up week after week.

That is work to Kevin and since he works ALL week long, and crazy hours, he thinks movies and relaxing on the couch is more "fun".

BLEH!!

I know, I know I'm sure most of you are siding with Kevin. Rightfully so. Which is why I don't really fight for my side too strongly because that would equal nagging and we all know NAGGING DOES NOT WORK! So not worth it! Wives, next time you go to nag, stop. You're wasting your breath and making the situation worse.

Anyways, we found a common denominator, we got the house all cleaned up and Kevin is watching Sherlock Holmes while I blog. Now we're both happy!

Just wish we both loved the same things in this department:(
And in the exercise/health department.
I guess that's why they say....
OPPOSITES ATTRACT.

3 comments:

Christy Carter said...

Jessica I agree completely! My husband and I are completely opposite on how we like to spend our free time. I read/paint, he plays computer games.

Even though we may not be able to agree on what to do all the time, at least we agree on one thing...Our love for each other!

leslie said...

Same thing with Dale and I. He would agree with Kevin...however, only after all household chores are done (he is really good about that). I, however, find it really difficult to sit and watch a movie. A compromise for me sometime is that he knows on the front side and I have the freedom to come and go, or I multitask and do something while we watch.

Cassimus T. said...

I can absolutely relate...Elliot says that i don't know how to relax because I can't stand just sitting around or taking naps..id rather clean and work on projects..he just doesn't know how relaxing it is ;) then again, i don't see how shooting up people on video games is relaxing either so we're even! seems like this is a common marital scenario :)